It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange presence noticed by my cat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

the name calling trick almost worked.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Cats rub on you and stuff because they are marking you with their pheromone scent. They are branding you as their property. Now go open that can of tuna, slave!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

edit on 2-3-2015 by BUCKSFiZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I find this topic intriguing.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I had a hamster who used to regularly stop quite still and stare across the room, exactly as if she was looking at something. I never found out what it was but guessed it wasn't physical.

Before that I had a little rat who used to sleep with me - this was at a different apartment. He'd often sit on the top of the covers near my head and stare across the room. It was a bit worrying, even more so the night he suddenly dived under the covers.

The worst time was when he looked towards the head of the bed - at the back of my pillows - and turned his head slowly as if he was watching something move across the bed.

I like to sleep with animals in my room - to keep me safe from the heebie-jeebies

edit on 2-3-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BUCKSFiZZ

Then kindly define what you mean by blind, if not weightless.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Cat's have different vision than humans. They have much better night vision, and will see things where you see total darkness. On the other hand, they have very limited sensitivity to bright colors and contrast. They have rather low resolution details unless it is directly in front of them, but have better peripheral vision, especially where there is movement.

Essentially, cat's have the required eye sensitivity for predators, especially since they are night hunters.

If a cat sees something that interests them, and it goes away... they can sit for hours waiting for it to return. In the case of what the OP was talking about, the cat probably saw a fleeting instance of a mouse or bird, and even an insect, and their nature is to park themselves there and wait for it to come back. Cats can be very patient and focused.

edit on 2-3-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Smexy

Scientists think that it is possible that cats, deer and some other animals that can detect UV rays

Cats apparently see psychedelic stripes on flowers and patterns on the wings of birds that are completely invisible to the human eye. According to this study, cats, dogs, and some other animals are able to see types of light, like UV light, that we don’t see at all.

higherperspective.com...

Maybe your cat really is seeing something your not able to see

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Obvious troll is, well obvious.

Cats do have "mind" reading abilities so to speak. They are attuned to the vibrations, similar to those that Dog sense as in Fear vibrations.

Your cat may have felt, picked up or even "seen" some vibrations from an entity in your home.

Play some cleansing pryers like the Gayatri Mantra, if you feel that there are bad vibrations in your home from internal strife, play this video over your computer speakers for the 2 hours. You will notice the air become lighter and sleep will become more restful.

Good luck

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Ahh...sounds like you were having a bad day and kitty picked up on it. They (animals) love us know matter.

Let it go.

Blessings.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Yes, this is exactly what I was going to mention.
One time my cat flipped out on my husband's jacket. He had left it on the floor and she was sniffing it, hunting it for a solid half an hour and looking terrified.
At first we thought spider. (But imagine every time she tried to swipe invisible spider, jumping in the air in terror.)
In 10 years, she has only acted like that once. We never did figure out what got her so worked up.
edit on 3-3-2015 by smilesmcgee because: spelling

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I can't say what that was but I had a similar experience with my cat in an apartment I rented with my ex a long time ago. I was alone (except for our cat) in the living room around midday and I was in the process of taking down our artificial Christmas tree that was in the corner. I was sitting on the floor putting the pieces in the box. Suddenly our cat who was chilling in the middle of the room stands up with big wide eyes, shaking like a leaf, all puffed up...and then backs up making a weird mewling sound - staring straight over my shoulder into the corner. Of course I am disturbed by this and look slowly over my shoulder. Nada. Just an empty corner in the middle of the day. Well, I picked up poor kitty who continued to shake like she was scared out of her mind, and took her to the bedroom where I petted her till she was back to normal.

I never actually saw anything there, but the house had a weird vibe. Everyone who rented there fought like cats and dogs and we weren't there very long either till we broke up. Later I ran into someone who had rented that apartment previously and told him about the incident. He's like "Oh that's where the blue couch was, against the wall in that corner. People who crashed on that sofa always had horrible nightmares."

The house was built around 1890 and we later found out from neighbors downstairs that it was thought to be haunted. Supposedly it was a house of ill repute and a bar over the years. Rumor has it that a man hung himself in the basement and a woman was murdered. I'm not sure what my cat saw but I'm really glad I couldn't see it.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I have an old siamese tabby, before we got him I used to feel like I was being watched on a regular basis.

Once he realized he had a forever he adopted me, a constant companion that sleeps on my pillow or shoulder, and I have noticed a few times I've woken up startled and he is awake staring at something so intently that his body is quivering.

But other than those rare occasions, I know longer have that feeling of being watched... Maybe it's a placebo or maybe he sees what had been watching me and keeps it away.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: smilesmcgee
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Yes, this is exactly what I was going to mention.
One time my cat flipped out on my husband's jacket. He had left it on the floor and she was sniffing it, hunting it for a solid half an hour and looking terrified.
At first we thought spider. (But imagine every time she tried to swipe invisible spider, jumping in the air in terror.)
In 10 years, she has only acted like that once. We never did figure out what got her so worked up.

Your husband is cheating on you. And he's sloppy; to wit the jacket on the floor.

Your cat (god, I hate cats) picked up on her (or his... don't ask, don;t tell) smell where you failed to do so.

Contact an attorney.

and, if you're hot, call me. My dog (god, I love dogs) recently tore up my ex wife's pajamas.
edit on 3/3/15 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It is well known cats can sense people with cancer, or about to die, dogs do it too, some say dogs can sense ghosts, perhaps cats can?
I have never seen a sentence with so many cats and dogs in it!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have seen cats look at many odd things like a ghost we caught on camera one time.

Anyway, I am replying because I recently did an experiment with the cat at our office. The owner has a cat
and he lays around all day occasionally coming to you for a petting. He likes me because I pay attention to him.
He normally sits in another chair in the office and I look at him and smile and laugh and he just does the 1/2 eyed
lazy cat stare at me.

So, the experiment I decided to do was try to expand my aura and see if he made any noticeable changes in where
he was looking. I took a few breaths and while I see him staring me straight in they eyes, I expand my aura and he
immediately looks to my left side up toward my head. I see him look around me to and different points then back to
my eyes.

I wait a few minutes until I'm sure he isn't looking around me and I did it again, he immediately moves his eyes to look
around me or beside me. I did this 5 times expanding and 5 times not expanding...he only looks around when I expand it.
I can only see auras in certain settings but I know people who can and they typically always describe them as a moving
or pulsating wave of color so I think his eyes quickly moved to see it because there was movement in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join