It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denying the Ignorance Forced Upon Us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Suffice it to say, I loathe sports.

Imagine how I feel regarding politics?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Suffice it to say, I loathe sports.

Imagine how I feel regarding politics?

Understood! I stopped calling myself "nonpartisan" years ago and started calling myself "anti-partisan" for the same reason... but that and a buck will get us a cup of coffee, eh?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

I have difficulty with the concept of ignorance being forced on people. The defining characteristic of ignorance is a conscious choice to limit further input data. No human can force another human to do that.

Excellent and oft overlooked point Inverse. The majority 'choose' to remain ignorant and channel all their faculties and brain power into pointless trivial nonsense.

The internet could have heralded a new dawn of equal access to all the worlds knowledge to all and enabled humanity to rise like never before in history. Instead it seems to have encouraged a huge swathe of people to entrench themselves in their own narrow viewpoint. It saddens me how much of mankind chooses to keep their heads under the blankets where it is nice and warm and believe that to be their only choice. Intellectual laziness is the lifeblood of politicians everywhere.

A nation of critical thinkers would destroy the web of deceits and smokescreens that keep those in power. Far better for them to have an army of easily swayed emotionally spurned voters. Sometimes its like a circus with top hatted politicians holding a chair and a whip (Think of the symbolism there) shuffling toothless sedated lions around a cage to lacklustre applause.

Ignorance is a choice!
Sigh Humans Eh!

edit on 10u03am343 E10 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

edit on 1000000003am342 E10 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumansEh

The internet could have heralded a new dawn of equal access to all the worlds knowledge to all and enabled humanity to rise like never before in history.

It ain't over till it's over! It has and is and will continue to raise human awareness and knowledge. But like any form of communication -- or anything at all -- it can and will be exploited and corrupted. This is an eternal battle, no matter what the means of communication.

Intellectual laziness is the lifeblood of politicians everywhere.

Knowledge is power. Knowing that politicians thrive on public ignorance, we can counteract their efforts to keep us fat, dumb and happy. Indeed, it's in our own best interests to do so. But how?

edit on 3-3-2015 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ignorance is bliss

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
Ignorance is bliss

Until it bites us in the behind! And it always does, sooner or later, one way or another.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

The rest is going to happen no matter what the sheeple do.

A member after mine own heart. As I always say,
" The only thing that is going to happen, is what's
suposed to happen. And what's supposed to happen,
is bound to happen ".

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Most people living on Main Street don't know much about the items on that list you presented. They haven't the time or inclination to explore subjects further than their regular feeding at the public media trough. They are busy, distracted and bullied into line by the Daily Terror. Their best solution is to toe the line and question little.

Lies and coverups presented in the media are the truth as far as most people are concerned and, if not… who cares?

For them deny ignorance means denying their ignorance.

They are quite comfortable in Plato's cave.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Most people living on Main Street don't know much about the items on that list you presented. They haven't the time or inclination to explore subjects further than their regular feeding at the public media trough. They are busy, distracted and bullied into line by the Daily Terror.

And that's exactly the way the some people like it... and I use the term "people" loosely... if I called them what I really want to call them I'd be banned forever!

For all our "modern conveniences" that were supposed to make our lives so much easier and so much better and give us so much more leisure time... it sure ain't working out that way. We've become working drones with little time or energy for anything beyond getting through each day. As disheartening as it is, I can't really blame folks. We do what we've gotta do.

They are quite comfortable in Plato's cave.

Sometimes I think I'd be more comfortable in Plato's cave than the "real world"!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Sometimes I think I'd be more comfortable in Plato's cave than the "real world"!

I doubt that. Once awake its nigh impossible to return to the cave.

I like the way you are returning to the cave to try and wake others up. Thats the price of awareness; sharing it with others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join