It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denying the Ignorance Forced Upon Us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
We cannot know what we cannot know… but there’s no doubt that the government is increasingly using the color of law to keep their bad behavior hidden:

Employee Non-Disclosure contracts -- such as the Benghazi Survivors and the Sandy Hook cleanup contractors, which can “legally” prevent both corporate and government employees from revealing even criminal behavior by their employers/co-workers.

Whistleblowers must be “granted” whistleblower status – such as a CDC researcher, who needed approval from the feds to blow the whistle on a federal agency. Huh???

Retaliation against whistleblowers – much like what happened to the VA Hospital whistleblowers, and much worse, to the Fast and Furious whistleblowers.

Whistleblower prosecutions – which are reportedly way up under Obama – such as Edward Snowden and the journalist James Rosen.

Rendition Sites/Black Sites – it seems “suspects” can and do disappear within the system, others are killed within the system ala Kenneth Trentadue.

Secret Prosecutions – and our new Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, seems to be especially fond of this tactic.

Secret Courts – the FISA court is just one example; children's courts are another.

Court Gag Orders – Such as the CDC Scientist who wanted to speak out against faulty protocol in regards to a vaccine study that happened more than 10 years ago, and he was only recently given “immunity” to do so; as well as the Florida Dept of Corrections (prisons), and a whole gaggle of others.

Civil Asset Forfeitures – Another tactic our new AG seems to be a little too fond of, as the full force and resources of the government is thrown at a suspect, their resources are taken or frozen, making it difficult – if not impossible – to even defend one’s self.

NSA – need I say more? With the NSA watching and listening to pretty much everyone, that means everyone is subject to blackmail and other threats. And if that’s not enough…

Breitbarted – there are too many curious… if not suspicious… deaths of people that can and will serve as a deterrent to would-be whistleblowers.

There’s a dozen ways the truth is kept from us, and I’ll bet many ATSers can add to this list – and please feel free to do so!

If we’re going to deny ignorance, and demand truth, we have to recognize just how much we do not and cannot know, in large part due to the above. In considering any issue -- any controversy -- any political position, we have to keep in mind just how much isn’t being said or revealed because too many people are effectively silenced under color of law. And I say "color of law" because little of this is in keeping with the letter or spirit of the Constitution and other founding documents/principles.

Recognizing the problem is one thing, but what is the solution?

One idea I’ve had is a Rogue Whistleblower Day so to speak, with blogs, news sites, etc., offering a venue for a huge data dump by whistleblowers currently silenced in one way or another. There could be hundreds or even thousands of potential whistleblowers that want to speak out, that want to share the truth. I want to believe so. Could they be the answer to reversing the corruption that infects every crevice of government? Would they – as I fervently hope and believe – reveal enough to break this left/right paradigm and convince even the most partisan that they’re ALL crooked as can be? Would it be enough for us to stop fighting each other and unite for each other and against the real problems?

What else can we do? Let's debate and discuss and above all deny the ignorance being forced upon us!

edit on 2-3-2015 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't think there is a solution for us useless eaters at this stage of things.

Take the blue pill and be blissfully unaware, or try and feel useful in ways such as you have here.

Personally I am trying to step back, and appreciate what I feel is important in my life.

The rest is going to happen no matter what the sheeple do.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Personally I am trying to step back, and appreciate what I feel is important in my life.

I'm so glad you said this! Yes!!! We cannot let ourselves lose sight of what we are really fighting for, and we must treasure all the blessings we have. This is one of our greatest strengths I believe.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

A mountain of lies suppression and violence don't change the truth.
In fact, the truth is quite mercurial and somehow gets around the lies.

I have difficulty with the concept of ignorance being forced on people. The defining characteristic of ignorance is a conscious choice to limit further input data. No human can force another human to do that.

It's still down to a initiative, choice and determination. Internal locus of control.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

A mountain of lies suppression and violence don't change the truth.
In fact, the truth is quite mercurial and somehow gets around the lies.

Very true -- and for which I'm very thankful!

I have difficulty with the concept of ignorance being forced on people. The defining characteristic of ignorance is a conscious choice to limit further input data. No human can force another human to do that.

It's still down to a initiative, choice and determination. Internal locus of control.

I don't disagree necessarily... in the final analysis, no one and nothing can stop us from pursuing truth, even if it's within the confines of our mind. But in terms of those truths that are knowingly and deliberately kept from us, I'm definitely open to finding a better way of phrasing it. I'm not thinking of it tho! Any suggestions?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Many people insist on remaining willfully ignorant, no matter what information and evidence is presented.

ATS is a hive for them...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Many people insist on remaining willfully ignorant, no matter what information and evidence is presented.

I really wish I could argue the point... but it's true. I really REALLY wish I knew how to change it. The truth may hurt for a little while, but lies hurt forever.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

This is a direct result of not teaching children how to critically think and question things in school.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Adding another way to hide truth from the public:

Private Email use by Govt officials -- it may have started under Bush, but it's alive and well under Obama as well.

Thanks to Willtell and his thread here: New York Times drops bombshell on Hillary Clinton’s use of private email at State Department

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is a direct result of not teaching children how to critically think and question things in school.

And it's a crying shame, isn't it? I understand that good people can disagree, can look at the same facts and come to different conclusions based on their own experiences and values.... but this mental disconnect goes beyond that. And I really don't know how to define it at this point, so I'm going to stop here. I need to think on it more.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Just shows that the game of disinformation extends beyond legal rules and regulations. If you are going to have shady laws, it helps to have as few people as possible question them. Therefore, rig the game from all sides to minimize conflict.

To be honest, I can't say for sure if there really is a conspiracy to dumb down America's children or if it is just the result of too much bureaucracy, but it does create a nasty bottleneck of intelligence and critical thought that aids the government in keeping its dirty secrets secret.
edit on 3-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There definately is, one of greed. Heres a book in PDF to explain as I have watched the effort since the 60s.
www.deliberatedumbingdown.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The only peaceful solution I see of anything changing is having the actual individual republicans and democrats (not the party themselves) coming temporarily together .

Once they come together on a common ground that is beneficial to both ideology which will solve 90% of our problems, then they can demand that their individual party only concentrate on the those issues.

They should also demand that Lobbying should come to a temporary hold while the issue is being fixed and only tax payers money and resources should be used for elections. It should take half a billion dollars to run for office.

The issue is that the lobbyist dream team of lawyers are creating our legislation and our politicians have become their robosigners. Corruption and rampant conflict of interest between our politicians and the special interest group.

Neither party individuals are really getting what they want and each one would want to remove corruption, so it should be a no brainier. However, the political blinders are to strong to make it happen. Hence, I see a bleak future for our kids kids and no peaceful resolution.

I have thought , about trying to start a movement or effort to have a one million Democrat and Republican march to show that individual republican and democrats are tired of it,

However, than I realize most people care about the game on tv, the kardashian , and proving THEIR party is the good one. The movement would be lucky to get 100 people.

edit on 35331America/ChicagoTue, 03 Mar 2015 08:35:59 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Just shows that the game of disinformation extends beyond legal rules and regulations. If you are going to have shady laws, it helps to have as few people as possible question them. Therefore, rig the game from all sides to minimize conflict.

Or at least make sure the conflict is between the people -- divide and conquer. This is where the so-called "dog whistles" come into play, along with knee-jerk reactions. On all sides.

To be honest, I can't say for sure if there really is a conspiracy to dumb down America's children or if it is just the result of too much bureaucracy, but it does create a nasty bottleneck of intelligence and critical thought that aids the government in keeping its dirty secrets secret.

Well said! I've thought about this too. Perhaps it's not so much that we're being dumbed down for its own sake, but to make us complacent and compliant. Or maybe to just keep us confused and disoriented. Whatever the motive or ultimate purpose, the net effect is the same.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Well said! I've thought about this too. Perhaps it's not so much that we're being dumbed down for its own sake, but to make us complacent and compliant. Or maybe to just keep us confused and disoriented. Whatever the motive or ultimate purpose, the net effect is the same.

This highlights another avenue of modern disinformation. The blame game. Americans are so focused on fault that they forget to actually fix the problem. Is there a conspiracy to dumb down America? Maybe. But what we DO know is the effects of this teaching and we can work to fix it. Instead, the focus is on if the conspiracy exists or not and who is to blame for said conspiracy. The conversation about conspiracy becomes a distraction from the actual problem while bringing nothing to the table since the answer remains ambiguous. Who cares if there is a conspiracy? Worry about that when more evidence is produced. Fix the problem it is creating first.
edit on 3-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

The only peaceful solution I see of anything changing is having the actual individual republicans and democrats (not the party themselves) coming temporarily together .

Exactly!!! I wish I could give you 100 stars for this! This is what prompted my thought that if whistleblowers were given free reign to spill their beans, everyone would see how we've all been played by tweaking and twerking our values and principles, not for any noble ideology but simply for greed and avarice.

Once they come together on a common ground that is beneficial to both ideology which will solve 90% of our problems then they can demand that their individual party only concentrate on the those issues.

This is the greatest fear of the PTB; and they'll do what they have to make sure it doesn't happen. For example, same-sex marriage. As I recall, during Bush's first term, most people were reconciled to "civil unions" for same-sex couples, granting the same rights and benefits as "marriage" for opposite-sex couples... Personally, I thought it was silly semantics, but agreed in principle. Then Bush needed an issue to get him re-elected, and suddenly it was a war on Christianity and here comes the "Defense of Marriage Act."

The issue is that the lobbyist dream team of lawyers are creating our legislation and our politicians have become their robosigners. Corruption and rampant conflict of interest between our politicians and the special interest group.

Indeed... ALEC.

Neither party individuals are really getting what they want and each one would want to remove corruption, so it should be a no brainier.

Yes! Hence this thread... if people understood how we're all being lied to by everyone in Washington, maybe we could find that common ground and work together for our common good.

I have thought , about trying to start a movement or effort to have a one million Democrat and Republican march to show that individual republican and democrats are tired of it.

I think that can -- and will -- happen. I think it's very close already. Or, more specifically, I think more and more people on "both" sides are finding themselves on the "same" side, albeit for different reasons. But it is still common ground and we're still fighting the same enemy. We could fight so much more efficiently and effectively if we did come together to define and establish that common ground, and then united to fight for it.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I have thought , about trying to start a movement or effort to have a one million Democrat and Republican march to show that individual republican and democrats are tired of it,

However, than I realize most people care about the game on tv, the kardashian , and proving THEIR party is the good one. The movement would be lucky to get 100 people.

Well... um... uh... I happen to enjoy watching the Kardashians.... (she said sheepishly) But in my own defense, I almost never watch TV, and when I watch the K's, it's because I want dumbed down mindless entertainment! However, having said that, if that movement happens, I'll be there! (there's always re-runs, right?)

(For some reason this didn't show up in my last reply.)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

This highlights another avenue of modern disinformation. The blame game. Americans are so focused on fault that they forget to actually fix the problem.... Fix the problem it is creating first.

This would seem to be obvious, right? But it's not and it's mind-boggling to me!!! I think this is where ego gets the best of us, especially for the most partisan, as people are more inclined to defend and/or attack people, and the problem is ignored. If someone sets a fire, you put out the fire first and then worry about the arsonist.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I fervently hope and believe – reveal enough to break this left/right paradigm and convince even the most partisan that they’re ALL crooked as can be? Would it be enough for us to stop fighting each other and unite for each other and against the real problems?

Unfortunately my friend, no. Bread and Circuses worked a very long time ago, and they're working again now.

My favorite way to think about it is this. Compare and contrast bi-partisan politics with major sports team rivalries. Got a team color? Check. Mascot? Check. Team heroes? Check. Even have themesongs for christ sake...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

I fervently hope and believe – reveal enough to break this left/right paradigm and convince even the most partisan that they’re ALL crooked as can be? Would it be enough for us to stop fighting each other and unite for each other and against the real problems?

Unfortunately my friend, no.

Nooooooo... I don't want to hear that... la la la la la (eyes squeezed tightly shut and hands over ears).

My favorite way to think about it is this. Compare and contrast bi-partisan politics with major sports team rivalries. Got a team color? Check. Mascot? Check. Team heroes? Check. Even have themesongs for christ sake...

Good analogy. Years ago I spent some time researching neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) techniques among selfish-help gurus, and one of the tactics I found intriguing (and diabolically evil) is for the guru to create such a strong sense of identity by the individual with the guru and his/her teachings, that the individuals feel compelled to defend the guru at all costs because in so doing they were defending themselves. In other words, any attack on the guru was also an attack on them. Much like sports fans and their teams.... and red team/blue team.

edit on 3-3-2015 by Boadicea because: eta

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join