It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See who stars a post.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Wait, that trophy & lightning actually reflect something concrete?

Also, can we plz have a Create A Poll option?

"Should mods be paid?" poll needs to be created asap.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: thesaneone

a reply to: xuenchen

Says some of the worst star baiters

Burning Jealousy.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Lol.
I'm going to look for some of your post and I will star them just to piss off the op.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This thread is a prime example of not knowing how to flag a thread.

We are already on the second page. A good topic. Only 2 flags.

Stars are not important.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Mandatory avatars.

"Peer" vetting of members.

Non-repudiation for stars and flags.

These BB threads are becoming as interesting as the CT threads.

You know? This is what C. Chaplin was talking about in that Great Dictator speech that you all love so much. The message of that film is that facism starts at home.

Anyhow, carry on.

edit on 2-3-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Trust me it is already being logged.

It's a pretty big part of the friend or foe list they keep in zion. For face key recognition, drones, sky net.

# 374

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Lol.
I'm going to look for some of your post and I will star them just to piss off the op.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

We all know when a someone puts up a racist comment or worse someone will will always star it

Yes indeed that does piss me off slightly, I'd also like to know who stars such and why...

I'd have given you a star for that post, if we could in this forum...

Don't know why we can't.

Flag!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I will sometimes starr a post that has been removed .Not sure what that says about me personally and don't really care .I like the ability to give someone a star just because .

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think everytime when someone posts in a thread, the thread automatically gets flagged.

One flag per person, not for each post.

This way it will cut down on duplicate threads. It will have enough flags to keep the topic "hot".

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Wait, that trophy & lightning actually reflect something concrete?

Not for people with infected accounts. Like mine. I have no idea how many stars I really have. When you see millions of stars, it means the account got infected. The only accurate numbers on my account are post count, flag count and applause count. The trophy and lightning and stars are messed up for a lot of us.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Sometimes I might star a post just to give some support to some beleagured member who is just about holding their own in a thread full of people who are trying to shout them down - I don't need to derail a thread any further by speaking up for that member or complaining about the antics of the others. A star is just a small encouragement for someone who is doing their best to fight their corner.

I do that too.

Hate seeing people get ganged up on for having an opinion.

Even if it's not intentional gang posting, it still must be disheartening.
edit on 2-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I disagree. It would be awful. People star anonymously for a reason -no feelings get hurt and no discussion about who stars which posts. We don't have to see stuff like 'why didn't you star me?' or 'why did you star that and not this?'. It's anonymous and it should stay that way, IMHO.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Exactly this. There is already an abundance of off topic bickering that happens and adding something like this would only add to that. Justifying stars in the course of having a discussion should never become a thing and the only way to avoid that is to keep it anonymous.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
It would deal quite a blow to the sockpuppet population on ATS.

However, I see the current system as elegant in it's own way. It's usually pretty easy to spot a person, and their various sockpuppets if you apply some critical thinking. Of course, I'll never accuse anyone of being a sockpuppet or a shill, but I have my own thoughts on the subject and respond to these people with that idea in mind.

I think it's part of what makes ATS fun. Figuring out who's who and doing your own detective work to find out who the sockpuppets are.

I'm over the age of 30; what ever do you mean by sock puppets? Don't get it.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I have seen many forums were if you give thumbs up and stars you see who gave them.

I actually thought you already could... but apparently not.

I think ATS should have this.

Now that I know, I actually think it's a plus that ATS doesn't have it. Generally speaking, I think too many people spend too much time and emotion discussing other people and not issues. Naming and shaming would only further the great divide.

You can see who encourages star baiters and people who star controversial things but are too cowardly to back it up with a comment.

While cowardice may be a factor, it's certainly not the only one. I star lots of comments for lots of reasons without commenting, usually because I don't feel I have anything worthy to add to the conversation, but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate those who do contribute. And why would anyone be afraid to post their thoughts anyway? Isn't that why we're here?

I especially think we should see when staff give applause and who.

Maybe. But won't that just create unnecessary hard feelings among the members? It's only one mods opinion anyway. It's not like applause comes from a unanimous consensus of all mods.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
I could go either way after reading your post and all the replies that bring up interesting points.
On one hand, I'd like to know who stands beside me and I'd want people to know I stand beside them. Personally it makes me feel good and even builds my confidence. And that can't be bad right? Seeing that maybe those feelings can go both ways too.
On the other hand, like a few have basically already said, it could create problems.
And I reckon that ain't good since time could be used much better addressing more serious nature problems instead of something seemingly petty. And I say that not to disrespect you OP.
I do agree with a reply or two that it would be sweet to be able to star/flag ect. on any forum. I wanted to star you OP, and several of the replies.
I do have a question.....Is there a shortcut to go directly to a reply for a comment that we have made in threads? I'm new to sign up but have been visiting for several yrs. Not only that...I use my phone 80-90% of the time to visit.

Thanks in advance and thanks for the thread!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Up next on 'As The Board Business Turns':

Suggestions for a spanish inquisition, witch burnings, and the reimplimentation of the iron maiden.

Weeeee !

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

If you're using the mobile version I'm not sure....

If you're using the desktop version on mobile like I am;

Then you can click the clock button on the menu bar at the top of each page...
It's the second to the end on the right of the bar between the speech bubble button and the downward arrow button...

When the page loads, you'll be on the threads section, just click the posts section and it will list your responses to each thread from most recent downwards.

Edit: Welcome to ATS!

edit on 2-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
It would deal quite a blow to the sockpuppet population on ATS.

However, I see the current system as elegant in it's own way. It's usually pretty easy to spot a person, and their various sockpuppets if you apply some critical thinking. Of course, I'll never accuse anyone of being a sockpuppet or a shill, but I have my own thoughts on the subject and respond to these people with that idea in mind.

I think it's part of what makes ATS fun. Figuring out who's who and doing your own detective work to find out who the sockpuppets are.

I'm over the age of 30; what ever do you mean by sock puppets? Don't get it.
Sorry, a "sockpuppet" in forum terms is someone who creates multiple accounts and uses them to fill a thread with messages of support for the poster's original account. The sockpuppet can (in the case of ATS) also star posts of the other puppets to falsely inflate the numbers of "people like this post" in a vain attempt to gain more credibility as a poster.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: thesaneone

Says some of the worst star baiters

Burning Jealousy.

Im failing to see what im meant to be jealous of?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join