It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit the Internet for a week challenge?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

See you in a week ATS!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
An aside: when I see your avatar all I can think of is Billy Ray Cyrus. Confirm or deny?

a reply to: cody599

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yes. I got someone. It's you, me, and NPH. What's on your to do list?

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I'm afraid I couldn't commit...

It soon sunk in (0.00002 secs) after my decision that I would lose my marbles...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ha. Well that's okay.

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
An aside: when I see your avatar all I can think of is Billy Ray Cyrus. Confirm or deny?

I have no idea to be honest, my avatar was a 10th anniversary present from Operationmindcrime and he did a bang up job IMO. I'll ask him when next we text each other and let you know. Unless he's on here tonight in which case I'll ask him tonight.

We have a contest on and he won't be able to resist it much longer

I do play guitar though

Cody

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What? Whose day isn't made better by a skull munching bunny?

a reply to: beezzer

hahahaha, ask around! (no, don't)

(waves back to Cody. S'up brother?)

So when do we do this?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

What? Whose day isn't made better by a skull munching bunny?

a reply to: beezzer

hahahaha, ask around! (no, don't)

(waves back to Cody. S'up brother?)

So when do we do this?

Just some nutter suggesting we should contemplate a week without ATS

Do I get to buy you that beer this year bro, I've been practising, it's OK I know a place with free wi-fi so could still talk via ATS LOL

Cody

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Dunno where we're vacationing this year. But beer will definitely be purchased and consumed, regardless.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No way! The only way I would be without a computer for a week is if my computer were busted, I was sick as hell, or I was dead. Being disabled, I don't get out much so it's nice to have my computer.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I work away from home (construction) and stay at a co-workers place or motel/hotel during the week and he does have internet but it's as bad as dial-up so I don't bother with it as I tend to be way too impatient. We usually put in long days 12+ hours plus travel so not a lot of free time anyway.

I do have a smartphone but my eyesight isn't what it used to be so that's a pita. I usually take my tablet though (wi-fi only)and it's loaded (16 GB SD card) with a ton of technical manuals on my trade, hobbies and interests so I read those or whatever books he has laying around. I don't watch TV or very rarely so that's out also.

One of my hobbies is lockpicking/safecracking so I always carry my picks and a few locks/combos with me for when I don't feel like reading. Sometimes I'll take some other locksmith tools and rebuild, rekey or repin locks for practice/fun. Kills the time and helps me develop my skills for when I get too old/broken and move to the less demanding locksmithing in my retirement years

P.S. I'll PM you a link to my lock collection if you're interested. Needs updating but most of what i have other than the safe combos (newest addiction) are there.
edit on 3/2/2015 by Kukri because: the omnipresent typos

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Well I'm here to tell you I gave it up for a year, due to my financial situation. It sucked! Plain and simple LOL. Even though I read more, painted more and did a lot of other stuff more, I felt disconnected, I so wish that wasn't my truth but it is.

In that year, I bought magazines I would not normally buy because I go to their websites, that in turn meant I had more paper products to recycle at the end of the month. When I needed to travel to a location that I wasn't familiar with I had to wing it as opposed to Googling my directions. The worst part of it was the year I spent away from ATS
Do you have any idea what it's like to only have network news programs to fill you in on what is happening in the world? And the world, I didn't know what was going on in the rest of the world, I couldn't trust in only what I was getting from MSM.

Ok I'll say it again, It Sucked in a serious way. But I did it and survived it. I'll honestly say though, I hope I never have to go that long of a disconnected again.

On the positive side though, I really got to know my local library, not for internet though, the waiting list was longer than what I wanted to wait. I did though check out some awesome books and movies I might never have had the pleasure of experiencing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join