It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Video Exonerates Man Set Up By Louisiana Cops And Prosecutors

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:17 AM

If not for cell phone video, 47-year-old disabled veteran Douglas Dendinger could be going to prison — because of an apparent coordinated effort by Washington Parish, La. cops and prosecutors who falsely accused him of battery and witness intimidation.

As New Orleans’ WWL reports, Dendinger’s two-year nightmare began on Aug. 20, 2012, when he was paid $50 to serve a court summons on behalf of his nephew against Bogalusa police officer Chad Cassard in a police brutality lawsuit.

Reading this is quite scary. If not for the video, this man would have no leg to stand on and would have been at the mercy of the court system for his foreseeable future.

This is the type of thing that should be aggressively perused and made example of. Looking at the facts here, the cops were flagrantly committing a felony. This is the exact type of corruption that makes it easy to lump all cops into the "bad" group. If this sort of thing isn't dealt with, it will be the largest contributor to the downfall of our society.(IMHO)

Please read the article to see all the facts.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:29 AM
Scary stuff.
My favorite part:

But Dendinger was confident that a mistake had been made and that he would be released without cause since two prosecutors and several police officers had seen him hand over the summons peacefully.

Yeah, right.
Good thing your family had a video here, buddy.

Serving papers to a cop- if not for the video he could have shot you in the heart and claimed self defense- and gotten away with it.
Don't point that dangerous envelope at me...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:41 AM
a reply to: lordcomac

I can honestly say I would have thought the same thing. I don't see all police acting this way, and sure wouldn't expect it. It's great that this man has video to back up his side of the story, but it kind of makes you wonder how many others didn't have any video. If and when the police department in Bogalusa is investigated, perhaps the old case files should be reviewed.

I cannot understand why this isn't bigger news with all the things happening with police these days.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:59 AM
a reply to: network dude
Saw this in the Baton Rouge Advocate yesterday and was also quite disturbed. This was bad even by Louisiana standards. Unfortunately I wasn't even suprised except for the fact the good guy won.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:12 AM
They were caught dead to rights committing a felony trying to railroad that man.

I hope he wins a huge lawsuit and they all at the very least lose their jobs. In a fair world they would do time but we know that will not happen.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:14 AM

I read the article but there doesn't seem to be a mention of the police involved in filing the false reports or the chief being suspended or going to jail/criminal charges? WTF is up with that, more selective prosecution?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:20 AM
a reply to: Spader

Appalling that they got so many (false) witness statements. I hope they're all charged and made example of.

But I have to say, they made a big mistake having him act as the server - being the uncle of the plaintiff made him vulnerable to retaliation, especially when the person being served is a police officer; and in Louisiana, of all places, on a brutality charge, of all things. I suspect there was a quid pro quo being cooked up - drop the brutality complaint, or your uncle does some hard time in the worst prison we can find.

Red flags all over this - I know how some of those parishes are run, and I'd have seen using the uncle as a provocation, and asking for trouble; I'd have used a disinterested 3rd party server from well out-of-town.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:23 AM
For every once this is caught on vid there is probably 5 times it wasn't. I wonder why all who swore statements have not been charged..I would find a good lawyer and go after each and every one in civil court.
Where are the good cops in this story? There may be good cops but the good stops at the blue line.
This is why you cannot have a death penalty.
edit on 2-3-2015 by vonclod because: I can't spell

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:29 AM
a reply to: vonclod

That was my thinking as well. If this gets prosecuted as it should, then any and all convictions that went through that department could, and probably should get a second look. It's a really big can of worms, but it's already open.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:30 AM
This is why so many cops get all bent out of shape when someone whips out a camera phone and records their actions. This stuff happens ROUTINELY in police work. Seriously cramps thier style when video proves felonious falsification. Not that they would ever be charged.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:41 AM

THIS is the type of stuff we should be seeing in this forum, not crap about Mike Brown or a homeless guy who appears to have attempted to take or did end up with an officer's gun and then got shot.

This is true, conspiratorial type of LEO shenanigans that ruin the entire system. This is the stuff we shold be seeing in the MSM.

Good post and find. S+F

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:41 AM

I'd like to see cops -- and anyone who uses a position of authority to commit a crime -- given twice the sentence for their crime. Whatever the sentence is for the actual crime, just double it for the added abuse of authority.

Of course, that can only happen if they're actually charged and convicted...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:42 AM
You can look here,

To add, it looks like the old pals act in action...and there's an awful lot of 'old pals' who have put their foot in it big time. They all need the big boot!
edit on 2-3-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM

This caused me to reflect on my attitude towards cops, and I realized the following;

While I treat cops the same now as I did when I was in my 20s (20 years ago..), "Yes, sir... No, sir...".. I must admit that my motivation has changed from respect and admiration to fear and distrust..

What has become of ethics?
How could so many people be comfortable with this gross violation of this mans rights? That many people willfully aiding and abetting a conspiracy to ruin a man's life...

Scary world folks, and the fact that this heinous act was carried out by those that are supposed to protect us is just saddening..

Are there any police officers on the board that care to share their thoughts?
I would be interested..

edit on 2-3-2015 by defuntion because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:48 AM
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I think all the reports should be discussed. I did notice a nice trend on that thread where the majority is reserving judgement and pitchforks and waiting for more facts to emerge. It sure would be nice of that was a lasting type trend.

And Boadicea, I agree. The latitude public service people are given should come with a lot of responsibility to do their job correctly, and severe punishments for those who don't. But in that light, I feel as if those positions should be higher paid as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:56 AM
a reply to: smurfy

Thanks for posting that. Again, I can't imagine what would have happened if they didn't have the cell phone video.
I am glad this is being pursued, but damn, it needs more coverage.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:59 AM
If i had the power i would have them all on death row. They tried to DESTROY a human being by having him incarcerated for life, so he might as well have been dead. I would have them in front of a firing squad.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:10 PM
I assume the trash that framed him will be executed as a warning to others who may be inclined to do the same?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:28 PM

But in that light, I feel as if those positions should be higher paid as well.

Because only someone who is "highly paid" should be a minimally decent human being, be honest and do their job to the best of their ability? I know that's likely not what you meant, but it can be taken that way... but I agree, civil servants of all stripes keep this civilization humming, are under appreciated and should be paid more.

But this is infuriating... cops and DA's doing this sort of gangster, us vs THEM crap... it's OBVIOUS they've done it before... and I'd go so far as supporting all the arrests they've been part of being exonerated and restitution paid the arrested from their future earnings... at the least. Heck, it's likely that their prior arrests will be called into question.

A local DA was found doing far less (financial malfeasance) and all their cases are being reviewed for dismissal to head off lawsuits.

Despicable human beings ... much worse than any of the criminals they arrest... because at least the criminals aren't officially posing as trusted authorities. It's indicative of a very sick culture in the local government wherever this sort of thing happens. I'd bet money there are more working there who shouldn't be.

Unfortunately, this stuff happens at every level of law enforcement in every place... to some degree... helping an arrest of someone who's 'obviously guilty' ... especially as in planted evidence in the "drug war." It's up to the good, decent officers to oppose it... without that, and serious oversight and more cameras, any polite society as we've been accustomed to is doomed.

Good that this is getting a tiny bit of publicity. We need much, much more... it's as important an issue as there is.

Government should not have an elitist, us vs them mentality... that used to be 'un-American.'

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:38 PM
a reply to: Baddogma

I think that soldiers, first responders, and police should be higher paid due to the fact that they put their lives on the line to do their job. For most, they have the type of character and integrity you would expect of someone willing to sacrifice their lives to save another. But, there are exceptions. In this case, a whole department. And I am not naive enough to think this is the only place this type of thing happened. But if this isn't made a huge example of, I can't see many things changing. these relatively few (I hope) taint the reputation of the rest.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>