It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HEY ATS! Who is your favorite musician/band, comedian and TV/movie star?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Just curious to the style and tastes of the ATS community.
My fav Musician is Daryl Hall he has a charisma that is so fantastic live! I am enamored by the way he can seamlessly engage a musician from any era and make it sound heavenly..
Here he is on his web show "Live from Daryls House"
with Gavin Degraw playin one of my FAV Hall n Oates songs "Go Solo"

another GREAT episode w/ Cee Lo Green...

My fav comedian @ the moment is BIll Burr his HONESTY is what comedy was begging for..Don't get me wrong Bill Hicks,George Carlin,Patrice o'neal,Lewis Black, Louie CK all paved the way BUT Bill just has a BRUTAL honesty that wins for me! His newest special just FLOORS me!

Bills stand up is NSFW!!

and last but not least my fav Movie/TV star would have to be Kevin Spacey Between "American Beauty" "Beyond the Sea" The "Usual Suspects" and especially on "House of cards" what a fantastic Anti-hero he is on that Show..

edit on 3/2/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Michael Buble, George Carlin, James Spader (at the moment)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
Michael Buble, George Carlin, James Spader (at the moment)

Spader is GREAT..as you can see from my avatar I like "The Blacklist" a touch.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

Lowkey is my favourite Musician personally...

Don't have a favourite comedian/comedienne or actor/actress to be honest...

Love Bill Hicks, but I wouldn't class him as a comedian, rather a philosopher who could also make you laugh.

Not my favourite, but the best actor I've ever seen is George W Bush when he went full retard...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
so:
while i love tom waits and have literally all of his albums, i think favorite would be darren hayes.
You guys know him from savage garden probably. he got much better since he went solo and has lyrics that are always great:
love song:

how domestic violence gives a child violent thoughts to save his mother from the abuse:

and to those that we loved, and betrayed us:

comedian, well it's between bill burr, dylan moran and late george carlin. no need to post videos, the names speak for themselves

As for actors, lots really, but right now jack gyllenhaal is one of my favorite (prisoners, enemy, nightcrawler, End of Watch all brilliant)

Oh. and adriana chechik is a mighty fine actress, but her movies are a bit nsfw so to say

edit on 2/3/2015 by IShotMyLastMuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Two of my favourite musical artists would be Dream theatre, and Joe Satriani. As for comedians, can't go wrong with some Dave chappelle

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

LOWKEY reminds me a bit of Immortal Technique...Nice!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Definitely...

If you have time, you can check out Lowkey ft Immortal Technique - Voices of the Voiceless...

I'd share the YT link, but I think there is a couple of profanities & F Bombs that would break T&Cs.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Insane Clown Posse!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Two of my favourite musical artists would be Dream theatre, and Joe Satriani. As for comedians, can't go wrong with some Dave chappelle

SATCH! Guitar God..Dream Theater Mike Portnoy era esp the 1st two albums are most EXCELLENT and Chappelle is just awesome all-the-way-around. REALLY happy to be seeing him doing some shows again and getting back in the game.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Oh yeah undoubtedly the best DT albums were with Portnoy. I've been lucky enough to have seen them both in concert, but in terms of the best concert I've seen hands down it goes to Rammstein. Being in the front row, it was an experience I'll never forget.

The world needs chappelle's type of humour more than ever now I think.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I'm probably showing my age here, but...

Musician -- Bob Seger. No one touches my soul like he does, but Nat King Cole comes close.

Comedian -- Toss up between Danny Kaye and Bob Hope (but Mr. Hope was a friend of my dad's, so I'm a little biased there!)

Actor -- That's harder. There's so many. Ed Harris is amazing but totally underrated, likewise for Gene Hackman. Denzel Washington is fantastic in everything he does, and I've never seen a bad Harrison Ford movie (although he was a little too good in Mosquito Coast), but I'll have to go with Robert Duvall I think. And you didn't ask, but for actress? Heather Locklear... just because she's drop dead gorgeous and I've had a girl crush on her since her Dynasty days! But for real acting ability, it would have to be Kate Hepburn.

(Yep... my age is definitely showing!)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Darren Hayes I have not heard before..I like his voice and it fits his "Style" of music very well. I remember Savage garden a little but his solo work I like better. NOW Tom Waits on the other..oh man!
one of my ALL time fav songs..

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

Insane Clown Posse!!!!!

Soda fan huh?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
...nsfw so to say

Excuse my ignorance... but what does "nsfw" mean?

Not safe for women? Not safe for wusses? I'm lost!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Anything having to do with pop culture is evil incarnate & needs to be eradicated.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Favorite Band: String Cheese Incident
Favorite Comedian: Stephen Colbert
Favorite Actor: No one

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
...nsfw so to say

Excuse my ignorance... but what does "nsfw" mean?

Not safe for women? Not safe for wusses? I'm lost!

It's internet slang for "Not safe for work". It is used to warn people about to click on a link at work that they may want to be careful in case their boss appears behind their shoulder and an inappropriate picture is displayed on your screen.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Metallica is my favorite band.

Louis C.K. is my favorite comedian.

Keanu Reeves is my favorite movie star.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Got it -- Thanks!

I've seen it before and could never quite figure it out. So good to know.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join