It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cave explorer disappears in nevada desert

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: amurphy245

That's an excellent question. One I can't answer. Anyone else have any insight as to proximity?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The vibrating cave thing is from a x files series, too much of a coincidence. The guy is probably out there living, lots of people do it, that's my opinion. I wouldn't doubt any scenario though, almost anything is possible. I spend lots of time out there and its easy to get stuck inside of something and not be able to get out.
edit on 2-3-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
An approximate location from things he mentioned, landmarks, roads and peaks:

36 27' 00.88" N 115 16' 33.34" W

Maybe someone else can narrow it down from there. Unfortunately Google Earth Pro doesn't have the resolution in that isolated area.

Edit: Gass Peak is to the South East of the location mentioned above.
edit on 2-3-2015 by rjsfun because: addtional information.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Did he expect the gun to help him fight this "vibrating cave"? He didn't tell anyone, or bring anyone, to this "vibrating cave duel"? Sounds like the kind of guy who goes missing.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Just a quick look at the coords given in this thread (36 27' 00.88" N 115 16' 33.34" W ) on google maps shows what appears to be a jagged cliff face that roughly resembles an "M" shape approx 400-500 feet southeast of those coords.

Perhaps there is a cave opening in those cliffs...

Interesting thread!

edit on 2-3-2015 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If you look at 15:37 of the Youtube video, you see a cave that looks sort of "M" shaped. Wonder if he just walked past it?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The guy has his camera trained right on the letter M cave while he is describing it at 15:37 and walks right past. Somethings up with that. He has a girlfriend or Girl friend? He likes to sew, and cook,and decorate? She doesnt live with him by the way. He only carries one small bottle of water and makes that known? Im actually considering going to this spot where he was to check it out. I would carry more water, and a far larger side arm. A 50 mag

He seems like a really nice guy, but something smells fishy to me. I would like to know what is going on with his house. Does he own it outright? Did he have massive debt? Was he about to lose his home? What is his female friend doing about this? If he was drinking alot of beer previous to the venture, he needs more water while in the dessert, or he could drop very quickly. That actually happened to me years ago to the tune of $70,000. I hope he is alive and well, and hanging out with his girlfriend or boyfriend, laying low, and not laying dead in the dessert

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I would imagine that if he found a cave that made his body vibrate it was probably some sort of toxic waste buried in the cave or a natural uranium ore or some other harmful chemical mixture that ate at his senses like an acidic element. I would be wary of anything that "makes your body vibrate" and would walk away from it, not get closer to it.

Burning tin foil has a vibrating effect on your nervous system that can make you feel like your stepping into another dimension. Same with silverware if you leave it on the stove burner. So, if he went there anticipating some sort of higher spiritual experience he was instead entering his death. There's no telling what was in that cave awaiting him.

Either that or some rogue desert man got him.

originally posted by: amurphy245
Wasnt sure where to put this as this is my first thread.

I came across this story of a hiker that went exploring in the nevada desert and disappeared ,couldn't find anything in the search for it.

He came across a strange cave that he said made his body vibrate and vowed to return at a later date with a gun,a month later he vanished ,the only trace of him was his cell phone.

Couple of articles:

www.viralnova.com...

www.mynews3.com...

His last youtube video (exploring the area he disappeared in) : www.youtube.com...

Its a shame he has not been found as any chance of survival is now nil.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It appears he was fairly acquainted with the area. I lived in Aguanga California some years ago, a desertlike area with an abundance of chaparral. I knew the area well over the period of a couple years exploring, and could if I had a mind to, stayed a couple days with nothing more than a Swiss knife. I knew every spring, every stand of cactus apples, every Elderberry bush/tree, and even a couple places where wild celery grew. So I equate my having essentially 'hidden stashes' with him likely knowing the locations of similar sources of sustenance.
edit on 2-3-2015 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Did you see how far away those mountains were, that
he intended on foot? He's not lost, he's still walk'n.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I gotta agree, something about this seems fishy, like that guy who pretended his son was in danger when he was hiding in a closet, a few years back. He does seem to be a bit of an attention whore and maybe he thought he could attract attention to his inventions or get a show about himself. I hope I'm right because then that means he's alive, whereas otherwise it's probably not a good outcome.

Don't search-and-rescue teams have infrared so they can detect bodies from a helicopter (or drone, nowadays)? I believe my university's campus police has that.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
No one else sees anything odd going on with the ram he spies
on camera? I don't believe I've ever seen a more blatent omen
caught on film. Laugh it up if you choose, but for me, that was
a jaw dropper.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I watched his last video posted on youtube. Kind of creepy, but then again I watched it with biased, knowing the guy who made it had mysteriously vanished in the same area a month later.

I'm not sold on this being anything paranormal or mysterious yet. Throughout the last video, the guy tries to drive home the point that he's a big risk taker. He brags about how he always hikes alone and carries little in the way of rations. The very first thing he does in the video is step up on a rickety old mine shaft platform for a good money shot, pointing out that if he fell in he'd be as good as dead. Throughout the video he trips several times because he's trying to walk through dangerous territory while filming. It's easy to slip and fall when you're trying to get a good video shot, especially while walking in a rocky or unlevel area.

There are just too many obvious things that could have gone wrong to call it paranormal or blame the government at this point. It's very sad, either way. Unless this is some kind of publicity stunt (which I doubt given the time that has passed), he's definitely not coming back.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
"I would imagine that if he found a cave that made his body vibrate it was probably some sort of toxic waste buried in the cave or a natural uranium ore or some other harmful chemical mixture that ate at his senses like an acidic element. I would be wary of anything that "makes your body vibrate" and would walk away from it, not get closer to it."

Someone tell my girlfriend that... zing

edit on 2-3-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What strikes me as odd, is the inconsistencies in his nature displayed via his comments online versus his demeanour on camera. Online - Brave and confident, almost arrogant in his self regard as a woodsman/survivalist. On Video, charismatic sure, with humility tempered to an almost meek nature.

Particularly at 15:55. How he responded to that scenario, in my mind, wasn't consistent with a motivated and confident woodsman returning specifically to hunt and locate a landmark. Given the context, awfully apprehensive and hardly curious. He is stated to have searched hundreds of caves, said to be very familiar with the land. Doesn't look like it, that looks like it was the first time he's seen a shadow in a hole before...exaggerating of course. In his defence, maybe he is just distracted.

I'm an outdoor instinctive sort born and raised, I feel more at home under the stars than I do indoors. You don't forget landmarks once you 'know' where they are, not even once if you have any regard for your instincts. To be fair dealing with such a surface area on foot without having to setup overnight, churning miles like that, with the intent to get home before sundown is probably going to make someone less observant.

Whilst totally speculative, I thought it worth mentioning.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gaiseric
What strikes me as odd, is the inconsistencies in his nature displayed via his comments online versus his demeanour on camera. Online - Brave and confident, almost arrogant in his self regard as a woodsman/survivalist. On Video, charismatic sure, with humility tempered to an almost meek nature.

That doesn't seem odd to me, really. Everyone talks tough on the internet. How many times have you ran into that guy who will tell you all about how he's a blackbelt ex navy seal who will totally kick your ass if he ever sees you IRL and you know he's just some angry little nerd or 14 year old talking tough while hiding behind the internet.

Not saying this guy was that extreme but it's just like fish stories and lying on resumes. It's easier to talk up your skills and sound confident when you're just typing.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Absolutely, however I'd like to give him benefit of the doubt as his partner did say that he was a fairly accomplished outdoorsman.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Quicksand

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gaiseric
Absolutely, however I'd like to give him benefit of the doubt as his partner did say that he was a fairly accomplished outdoorsman.

He was a moron.
[quote]He only carries one small bottle of water and makes that known?

I carry at least 4 liters of water when i hike in the desert plus a survival vest and a 9 mm.
i some times take 4 2liter soda bottles of water and leave 2 half way in to pick up on the way out.

All it takes is stepping on a squirrel hole and twisting your ankle to turn a day hike into a very long ordeal.

I have hiked the same area he was in looking for two F4 aircraft crash sites.
joeidoni.smugmug.com...#!i=2438767859&k=Gd2NKmG

I know because i have done it less then a 15 minutes from my truck and it took over 5 hours to get back to the truck.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
BP
edit on 3-3-2015 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join