It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P-AEA: E-SEAD Counterpart of Big Wing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Of course you wouldn't. So... about that hypersonic stealth blimp in wichita.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'm very curious to see what's under the blanket. It seems logical given the hype that it is a 'B', but it looks small to me. Although the first B-2 I saw up close looked small as well.

Surely there's not an 'F' or 'A' under there? (He asks knowingly that it won't be answered... lol...)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: emsed1

Bah! Washington Post literally says it's the LRS-B in the commercial.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Go read what you said again. Then what I said.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Their fighter wouldn't even be close to that point. It could only be their bomber.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The possibility exists that it could quite literally be a new airplane-cover-blanket design. Those are hot commodities.

Personally, I think the rest of the commercial will air in May and when the blanket drops there will be nothing. It will be a transparent Wonder Woman jet and the pilot will bump his face on the fuselage when he walks toward it.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It's going to drop and there's going to be a big stock graph with a huge red arrow pointing down.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That's sad if it's their new Bomber that they were hinting at under their tarp and they loose the contract. It's like they knew they were going to loose before they aired the commercial but since they already bought the slot for the super bowl they decided to air it anyways to not loose even more money.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If they air it they might get support for the inevitable protest after the announcement.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Who will be protesting? Northrup? Some representatives from their local district who wanted the tax dollars? From what I understand once the general public gets a look at the new bird's pretty lines they will be forget all about the other contender.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Payday!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Northrop will protest to the GAO.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

SO you're saying things are about to get a whole lot "greener" in Washington state?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

That's why their commercial only aired in DC and Ohio. Playing to the gallery in preparation for the protest to come when LM/Boeing get the official bid.
NG is in desperate times right now and my not survive much longer. There is a large hungry predator that will be salivating like no tomorrow at NG if they loose LSR-anything.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
a reply to: boomer135

I thought Rutan WAS the serving CEO of scaled composites in 1991 when he made the comments?
Didn't realise that Scaled Composites became more "respectable" over time - I'll have a read up on it but if he was CEO in 1991 when he made the comments- they are the representations of Scaled Composites - albeit historical representations.

Shouldn't have (mis)quoted you anyway so point taken!

Oh he was the CEO at the time he made the comments so in a way he was speaking for the company. But in 1991 scaled composites was just a little startup compared to what they are today. I was just wanting to be clear because i really like scaled composites as a company, but that former CEO was a nut job. lol. if you need proof just look at his website.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I can reassure you that Northrop is not going hungry. Their HR people are on the prowl trying to poach engineers as we speak - for programs nobody can talk about.
edit on 5-3-2015 by TAGBOARD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Never is a really long time.
LOL. Why keep this one a secret for so long? Since this thing actually got program code-names I figure it will "eventually" come to light.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Hi Zaph, am I right ( or wrong ! ) in thinking the contract will go to the company that provides the best C4ISR system ?
All four leading UCLASS contenders are all pretty good in there own rights, so might it come down to whoever gives the best complete system

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Something is already flying and in development from the evidence.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join