It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zaitochi - the blind swordsman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I rented the new Zaitochi movie the other day. I rarely rent foreign movies like that, but I must say I was pleased watching it.

Besides the 1 or 2 parts that I thought were a little long and useless (aimed solely at showing the Feodal Japan culture I guess) that I fast fowarded, I thought the movie was excellent. Loved the fight scenes, the typical japanese blood flowing, etc etc...

Worth renting IMO, if you like that style of movie.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I was wondering about this one. Thanks for the review.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm assuming you are talking about the Zatoichi remake by "Beat" Takeshi? I think he did well with the remake, but the original tv series is still better imo. The original also wasn't bloody and that was added by Takeshi in his version if you are familiar with his work. In fact I highly urge people to rent the original Zatoichi series because it is seriously kick ass.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kageki
I'm assuming you are talking about the Zatoichi remake by "Beat" Takeshi?

Yeah, of course, I don't think the original series would be available at my video store anyway. I thought the remake was good and I think that the blood is almost a necessity, I mean, u can't shop off arms and leg and not expect to see a bit of blood

top topics

join