It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chromecast and Android somebody please help!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
For the life of ATF1886 i cannot figure out how to get my screen to show up on my tv if anyone has any ideas tips tricks or so on please help before a 65" tv goes flying out a window!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

I assume you have the apps download on to your android device? And I also assume you have read the instructions...

It shouldn't be complicated to cast to your TV. So long as everything is setup.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I just plugged it in and it worked. There is is a browser add in that is needed to 'cast', but it is automatically built in to things like Netflix. I would tell you more, but it was so simple I didn't do anything to set it up.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The screen mirroring only works with a computer. Not with your phone or tablet.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

Incorrect. You can cast your screen from whatever device as long as you have the Chromecast app installed on that device.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There are things you have download. Of course chromecast but go to aptoidedotcom install aptoide then install localcast then show box from aptoidedotcom. The localcast allows you to transfer from your phone tablet to your TV. Make sure your security settings are set to allow the download. Show box is another site like Netflix. It will give you a popup window it will say local cast always click on allow once every time you use it to transfer to chromecast.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It gives me option but when screen cast comes out screen goes black... i tried everything no luck...a reply to: Sparkymedic

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Maybe if you update both systems?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: celticdog
There are things you have download. Of course chromecast but go to aptoidedotcom install aptoide then install localcast then show box from aptoidedotcom. The localcast allows you to transfer from your phone tablet to your TV. Make sure your security settings are set to allow the download. Show box is another site like Netflix. It will give you a popup window it will say local cast always click on allow once every time you use it to transfer to chromecast.

Your on point sir now how the hell do i see something thats not downloaded to my phone??

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Interesting. The only thing I can think of is the type of content you're trying to cast. It doesn't work for everything. Just most.

For instance...people can stream shows and movies from www(dot)levidia(dot)ch

However when they try and cast live action, some videos will not work...yet cartoons will.

In no way is Chromecast perfect.

Outside of that possibility in which the content you are trying to cast is non-castable...maybe you have a lemon?

If you still have trouble, I would highly recommend contacting Google. They have outstanding customer service.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I assume your trying to view web based content on your phone and cast to your TV?

If not you can cast downloaded content with Plex. I believe it works on any device which hosts the downloaded content. Ie your hard drive or other storage.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

Interesting. The only thing I can think of is the type of content you're trying to cast. It doesn't work for everything. Just most.

However when they try and cast live action, some videos will not work...yet cartoons will.

Outside of that possibility in which the content you are trying to cast is non-castable...maybe you have a lemon?

If you still have trouble, I would highly recommend contacting Google. They have outstanding customer service.

I dont know if telling google i want to stream bootleg videos from phone to tv...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Screen mirroring the internet only works on a computer. Videos on the other hand do work on chrome cast granted you have the right apps.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

I dont know if telling google i want to stream bootleg videos from phone to tv...

Download webcast from the play store. You can watch any video online with it.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I use both laptop and android. USe your INPUT remote and switch it to the right one. LIke AUX, HDMI 1, HMDI 2 and it will show up. Click on Chromecast on laptop or phone and enter the device you will choose during SETUP...and find either movie , tv show or YOUTUBE.

CLICK little tv screen in window...itll say something like CAST to tv....and there you go. Its easy

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't get the question.Your chromecast should give you the site to download the app when you turn it on. If not go to Googledotcom chrome cast set up. Then it will walk you through the set up for the WiFi and your password. Then follow my earlier post.

top topics

join