It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry....and Christianity are un-Christian according to this.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: iNobody
a
Yes, I can. And no I won't.

Then quite frankly your claims are wholly without merit and not germane to the conversation.

Only to those that reject scripture. Which is understandable and I deeply respect your right to do so.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You missed a post somewhere in-between if you think what was stated conflicts with John 3:16. Go back, please, and reread the post linked you.

Sorry, I asked because you said:

Death is the opposite of life. You are not more alive than ever when you die. You cease to exist. You have no more memories, knowledge, wisdom. You can no longer think or work. It is like the flame on a candle wick. Before you lit the flame it did not exist. After you extinguish the flame it no longer is.

I don't know how else to interpret that in a way that agrees with John 3:16. I honestly would like you to explain that.

As for your question as to how you may not know? The world is small, but it is bigger than you.

I agree, but since I have devoted quite a few years to understanding freemasonry from the inside, I hope you can see how I might question you claiming to have more knowledge than I do on the subject, having never been a member.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: iNobody

Is your grandfather still alive? If so, I would be extremely interested in talking with him.

No. He died about a year after I was married. I've been married for 16 years now. Much of my knoweldge of Freemasonry came about during his last days. He wilted away with Parkinson's disease, I was 21 and had never heard of the Freemasons. But I would sit at his bedside in his mansion many days and listen to him ramble.

He had a huge library, and he knew out of all his grandchildren I was the one that loved books. And he showed me his library in a back room one day and said that he was giving all his books to me.

Sometimes he would be laying on the couch and would start talking about Freemasons, and other orders. He thought they were the closest to the truth besides the Jehovah's Witnesses. He associated with them while never becoming one until he died. He knew Jehovah was the true God.

There is a lot more to it than that. But I know these things not because of me. That of which I speak to you. I am no one.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
-
edit on 2-3-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Only to those that reject scripture. Which is understandable and I deeply respect your right to do so.

Scripture is irrelevant to your claims and allegations about who is on 'top' and who you conveniently are unable to provide evidence of for us to review.

edit on 2-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religous hypocrite

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

You missed a post somewhere in-between if you think what was stated conflicts with John 3:16. Go back, please, and reread the post linked you.

Sorry, I asked because you said:

Death is the opposite of life. You are not more alive than ever when you die. You cease to exist. You have no more memories, knowledge, wisdom. You can no longer think or work. It is like the flame on a candle wick. Before you lit the flame it did not exist. After you extinguish the flame it no longer is.

I don't know how else to interpret that in a way that agrees with John 3:16. I honestly would like you to explain that.

As for your question as to how you may not know? The world is small, but it is bigger than you.

I agree, but since I have devoted quite a few years to understanding freemasonry from the inside, I hope you can see how I might question you claiming to have more knowledge than I do on the subject, having never been a member.

Sorry. I reposted the wrong post. Here it is:

That is okay if you wish not to believe. And I understand we all have our own journey in life. Also it is reasonable that people, such as yourself must think that there is more to life than just this existence. The universe is infinite, true, but it is not eternal. Only Jehovah God is eternal. Even his only-begotten son Jesus had a beginning. That is what begotten means, to create.

And certainly this life isn't all there is. That is what God's word is for. All true men of faith in all ages of man have known of the coming resurrection in a future time when everyone dead will be brought back to life:

(John 5:28, 29) . . .Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice  and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

The memorial tombs are God's memory of the person who is dead. When you die everything you did goes with you to the heavenly Father. And he promises a time when he will bring you back to life, in better conditions.

Jehovah God alone was the one that possessed immortality. He is eternal from time past to time in the future, he cannot die, ever.

The first person to be brought back to life after death in an immortal spirit form was Jesus:

(1 Timothy 6:15, 16) . . .He is the King of those who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords, 16 the one alone having immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. . . .

There are a select few from among mankind that will be raised up after their death during the revelation of Jesus to mankind as immortal spirit beings in the divine imagine of Jehovah God himself as well:

(1 Corinthians 15:53) . . .For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality.

(1 Thessalonians 4:16-18) . . .because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. 17 Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we will always be with the Lord. 18 So keep comforting one another with these words.

The majority of mankind who are dead will be raised back to the prospect of eternal life on a future paradise earth when no human rule will exist:

(Revelation 21:3, 4)  With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

(Psalm 37:11) . . .But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

(Psalm 37:29) . . .The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Scripture is irrelevant to your claims and allegations about who is on 'top' and who you conveniently are unable to provide evidence of for us to review.

The evidence is plainly available. All you have to do is look for it. I won't show you it though. If you can't find it, that's on you. But it is there. Very obvious too.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

I think I must be slow. I read your post. A few times. But without quoting scripture, please help me understand why you would say :

God's word clearly teaches that the soul dies.

When it clearly does not. Unless you feel that everlasting life can be obtained without the soul. (zombies maybe?)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Because of this scripture:

(Ezekiel 18:4) Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

The soul dies.

Also this scripture:

(Matthew 10:28) . . .And do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, fear him who can destroy both soul and body in Ge·hen′na.

God can destroy both the soul and body. So it is not immortal.

I think what has happened is you confuse resurrection with immortality.

The Bible teaches the resurrection, that is a being brought back to life from the dead.

Those scriptures I showed you earlier are very profound, and you probably didn't read them. Most people don't read scripture. And even if you did, you probably didn't understand them, even if they are very easy to understand. That is also understandable.

There is a reason scripture states that only God was the one with immortality:

(1 Timothy 6:16) . . .the one alone having immortality. . .

And there is also a reason it says that mortal creatures such as humans will become immortal (which they weren't to begin with):

(1 Corinthians 15:53) . . .and this which is mortal must put on immortality.

But to grasp these deep and profound things of God would take time and patience. These are sacred secrets which God reveals to those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.

You will not find enlightenment about these true things in any secret society.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The evidence is plainly available. All you have to do is look for it. I won't show you it though. If you can't find it, that's on you. But it is there. Very obvious too.

This is the typical cop out answer for people with baseless accusations and assertions, it alleviates the necessity for you to back up your claims and continue to make unsupported, nonsensical statements.

edit on 2-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religous hypocrite

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You will not find enlightenment about these true things in any secret society.

LOL, that's good, since that's not what it's about. I will have to agree to disagree with your interpretation of the scripture. I admit to not being a smart man, so I have the luxury of only believing what I think agrees with my soul.

It was interesting to hear your view point.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I did not interpret any scripture. Just quoted them. You agree to disagree with what they say is what you mean. And that is all I need to know.

One day, perhaps you may believe what the heavenly Father is telling you. I still deeply respect your right to disbelieve what he has shown you.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I did not interpret any scripture. Just quoted them. You agree to disagree with what they say is what you mean. And that is all I need to know.

One day, perhaps you may believe what the heavenly Father is telling you. I still deeply respect your right to disbelieve what he has shown you.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No accusation was made.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

No accusation was made.

Must have been someone else who was making claims of demons influencing members at 'the top'.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know that by personal experience. It wasn't an accusation, it is a statement of fact.

Stop and think a little.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I know that by personal experience. It wasn't an accusation, it is a statement of fact.

Stop and think a little.

I recommend you follow your own advice.

What you gave was an anecdotal story as when pressed for facts and evidence you deferred.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Sorry to rehash this, but when YOU said:

I took that as your interpretation of the scripture. Words are meaningless without understanding. What you posted is what I understood to be YOUR understanding of the scripture you posted. Otherwise, posting it would be silly.

In John 3:16 where it says :

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

in my very limited understanding, not referencing any other scripture, the everlasting life aspect of that scripture is pretty clear. We know that the human vessel is temporary and the carbon and water that makes it up, will return back to carbon and water, but the essence of who we are (our soul) can last forever according to the words in the Bible attributed to Jesus Christ in the book of John, Vs. 3:16.

This is a perfect example of why I do not take the Bible as a literal book, but as a guide to live by. But I deeply respect your views as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Everything was explained. There is a difference between everlasting and immortal. But I have already shared too much. If I try to expound all in one day on so much it would be of little use. Perhaps that is why you couldn't comprehend all the rest that was revealed to you. And still nothing was an interpretation of mine. Rather only scriptures shared.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Stop and think a little.

I recommend you follow your own advice.

What you gave was an anecdotal story as when pressed for facts and evidence you deferred.

Good advice. Sometimes we all need to stop and think. I am not excluded. Thank you for sharing the same advice with me. And it is a good one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join