It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want a free education. This is your chance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
accredited-onlinecolleges.info...

I'm sorry for the small thread, but I had to share this list. I hope someone can use it to their advantage.

Sint
edit on 3/1/2015 by Sinter Klaas because: bad link

link thinghy isn't working. copy paste it
edit on 3/1/2015 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. It looks interesting. I'll pass it along to a few friends, too.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
SCORE!

Good looking out.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sinter Klaas

Great post, thanks!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here are 2000 courses from MIT and Harvard that are free online

www.google.com.au...:en-AU:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gfe_rd=cr&ei=nZrzVOy5O6vu8wfYjY KgCg&gws_rd=ssl#rls=com.microsoft:en-AU:IE-Address&q=free+university+courses+mit&revid=1514539233

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sinter Klaas
accredited-onlinecolleges.info...

I'm sorry for the small thread, but I had to share this list. I hope someone can use it to their advantage.

You are very welcome and thanks to Jinni73 here is another one.

www.google.com.au...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We give away too much money in this country.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Caligirl2000

What makes you say that ?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Thank you Mister Klaas.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think our current education model needs to be fixed. I usually felt like I wasn't learning a subject but learning how to memorize for test.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
That's EXACTLY what happened drapheus, and what is still happening; but it will change soon, I believe.

And great information Sinter Klass! Thank you for bringing this here, I can't wait to start looking these over!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Thank you for posting this! I'm passing it along to my kids...

I'm hoping and praying that this is a new beginning for higher education, as brick-and-mortars are replaced with cyber classrooms, expanding availability for anyone and everyone who wants to learn and improve themselves. Whether for careers or just personal growth and development.

This is very exciting to me. I may just check it out for myself as well!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I've seen many post along these lines and the fact still remains that employers have made a bachelors degree the "base requirement" for most job openings.

So yes, you can "learn" from all of these sources, but the reality is that they "don't count" unless its pared with some kind of undergraduate degree.

Of all these free resources you have noted, only "University of the People" offers actual accredited courses, HOWEVER, admissions is COMPETITIVE.

As for Saylor, here is the list of the ONLY colleges that will accept its credits:

www.saylor.org...

Some of those listed are Junior Colleges, BUT even if someone earnd the two-year degree after transferring the Saylor units, the 4-year school does not have to accept any of the Saylor units and can ask you to take them all over again.

In fact very few Saylor courses are actually free for credit, you really end up paying the JC directly and Saylor only "administers" the course:

www.saylor.org...
edit on 2-3-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Great info. Thank you.

join