It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else find ufology incredibly boring nowadays?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

UFOlogy is NOT dead! It has just morphed in line with better technology to see and analyze them. Even the Cover Up Conspiracy is worth following, as military Black Projects openly use ET-technology (like the TR-3B) - but deny it totally, and refuse to share it with other aspects of society. So those UFOs in the sky? Now we don't know if they belong to "them" - or "us."

We have been "gifted" with ET craft from friendly ETs, and they are stored underground at Area 51 and south of Boulder, Colorado, with a "zipper" that unzips to show an underground runway and stored craft on both sides.

There are some "Joint" underground bases here on Earth and even on Mars. But no one's too sure who is running what, since most joint underground bases have been taken over by the ET segment.

It's an exciting time to be following Ufology - and trying to break thru the Elitists' wall around ET craft and technologies to save only them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
QUOTES FROM PROMINENT OFFICIALS IMPLYING AN ET PRESENCE ON EARTH

NORWAY SPIRAL: CASE REOPENED (SECOND PART)

A TR3B TOPIC ON MILITARY.COM?

MORE METEOR, FIREBALL, UFO SIGHTINGS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD?

THE MYSTERIOUS DOMES OF SIBERIA'S VALLEY OF DEATH

HUMANS CONTROL THE LAND, AND ALIENS CONTROL THE SEA!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think a lot of us have just grown up and lost interest in the subject,back in the 90s the ufo craze was massive now its pretty much dead in the water,lets face it 99% are not even worth watching,and the other are most likely military aircraft or drones or other plausible explanations like weather balloons or chinese lanterns,its only a handful of cases worth looking at.

I remain open minded but im not much of a believer anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Nope. Not really. (To answer your thread title)

Seeing what I have seen I know there is something out there. (You can cue the X-Files music if you like...)

The trick is sifting through the massive piles of internet BS, hype and auto-debunking to see if anyone has found a kernel of information to explain to me what the heck I saw. Still haven't found it. Still hoping someday I'll stumble on something that makes sense or that reveals truth. Not holding my breath here, just holding out a wee candle of hope.

AB

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think it is, to some extent, getting away from the breathless 'true believer' mode and into serious consideration of the phenomenon. I started a thread relating to the TV series "UFOs Declassified"... ATS...which is worth checking out.

Time to cull the Bravo Sierra and get on with the investigation.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Hi Op,

To a certain degree I can see where you are comming from, but....

Yes the old cases have been "rehashed" to the point where they may be viewed as tedious, especially if you rely on the Documentries channels of certain TV Package providers. I suggest you do your own INTERNET RESEARCH. You will come across many different reports/ views/ angles on the sane incidents. Point? You just may stumble across little bits of rarely broadcast facts about them and possibly start asking new questions:

Say; The Rendlesham Forest one- we always hear Penniston and Burroughs accounts (and thereafter Halt's) BUT what about the other men left on the base? The UFO came over it! Or what about the fact that Penn. and Burr. were not alone on the initial investigation- Cabansag- very, very rarely mentioned- but he was there!
Aurora ufo incident 1897- down-to-earth, run-of-the-mill newspaper report- yet jaw-dropping to read. Many after-the-fact witnesses- some even victim of strange crippling illness- documented.

Maybe "They" do still crash or get shot down but the story is killed at source quicker these days? Better practice/ more Media control?
There was a fresh report from Canada, here on ATS, the other day, Could of been a drone recovery, a "black-op recovery OR something else........oooh!! Whichever- it's a fasinating read and holds possibilities.

Research- that's the key.

Seeker7

edit on 1/3/2015 by Seeker7 because: Spelling!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kayleighkitty
Hello, i find ufology so boring that i do not even bother clicking video links to sightings now because i know it will be some point of light with no reference in the sky or an orb.

The only things about ufos these days are lights over lake eerie, or 70s/80s cases rehashed.

Now i know you can link me to a lot of interesting nostalgic cases, but the point is nowadays, especially in the last 5 years or so, ufology is dead, absolutly nothing happens anymore, no big sightings, not even big sightings which turn out to be hoaxes - it seems the hoaxers too are bored of it.

I genuinely believe alien life exists, and i do believe possibly we were created by ets, but is it any relevance to our lives now? not really as if they , if that is a good word, wanted to destroy us, they would have done it by now.

I would rather watch paint dry than follow ufology, nothing but boring speeches and third hand witness accounts from decades ago, or boring youtube videos.

Ufology is a dying horse, just put it out of its misery already?

I hope this doesnt sound silly, but it really is a case of wake me up when they land on the whitehouse lawn, and i dont say that out of sarcasm because i dont believe, its more a case of, unless anything is actually happening, i just do not care anymore.

The ET hypothesis is incredibly boring, I agree: 70 years of research and not an iota of testable evidence proving that extraterrestrials exist, have visited earth and abducted people. However, there are very interesting and exciting hypotheses that don't involve the cult of ET.

I disagree that Ufology is a dying horse. It's a transforming horse. The literalist ETH faction of it is becoming a religion and the non-literal faction is going in entirely different directions.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
I saw you say something like this in a thread yesterday; I recommend ufo mass media compilation videos; they're far from boring:::

youtu.be...

You can only watch a light show for so long before you ask how it was created. That's been asked and pursued for 70 years by the cult of ET to a dead end.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hello, i find ufology so boring that i do not even bother clicking video links to sightings now because i know it will be some point
Ufology is a dying horse, just put it out of its misery already?

I hope this doesnt sound silly, but it really is a case of wake me up when they land on the whitehouse lawn, and i dont say that out of sarcasm because i dont believe, its more a case of, unless anything is actually happening, i just do not care anymore.

So you as a sofa bear use a fast food outlet like Youtube until you get bored with the offerings...that's down to you and Youtube then more than anything else, but then they ooze with government collaboration money. So, what do you reckon?
What do you think about Rendelsham?...years and years of put downs and lighthouses and liars, while in the meantime scientists are quietly squirreling away with "plausible" explanations for that event, like sprites and/or ball lightning, both things that they know squat diddly about.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

I saw you say something like this in a thread yesterday; I recommend ufo mass media compilation videos; they're far from boring:::

youtu.be...

You can only watch a light show for so long before you ask how it was created. That's been asked and pursued for 70 years by the cult of ET to a dead end.

Ah......the cult of ET..........how refreshing......nice pejorative.......not biased at all! So UFO's exist, no one can debate that, and you think poltergeist are the explanation? Some may scoff at that and think that it is less believable than the ET explanation, but I'm open minded. I certainly wouldn't say "the cult of the poltergeist", yet the phenomenon is certainly no less deserving of the moniker than that of the UFO-ET connection.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I see what you mean about the no big new cases. There are still some solid sightings, but you do have to look for them.

Here's a new development you might be interested in: Roswell Slides
Could of course be a hoax but we'll just have to wait and find out.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Looking at youtube for proof of UFO'S (non terrestrial) is funny, and pathetic at the same time.

Good luck fining any proof on the internet, if that is what you're doing...

Maybe use a different window from time to time, one that shows reality out of it preferably.

edit on 3-2-2015 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
Looking at youtube for proof of UFO'S (non terrestrial) is funny, and pathetic at the same time.

Good luck fining any proof on the internet, if that is what you're doing...

Maybe use a different window from time to time, one that shows reality out of it preferably.

Yes, the truth is more likely to come from the government or the MSM rather than ordinary citizens. /sarcasm off

Of course not everything on the internet is real, but it would be a massive logical fallacy to assume because some it is faked, that all of it is faked.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

youtu.be...

Ah......the cult of ET..........how refreshing......nice pejorative.......not biased at all! So UFO's exist, no one can debate that, and you think poltergeist are the explanation? Some may scoff at that and think that it is less believable than the ET explanation, but I'm open minded. I certainly wouldn't say "the cult of the poltergeist", yet the phenomenon is certainly no less deserving of the moniker than that of the UFO-ET connection.

I don't know what's responsible but pursuing the ET hypothesis hasn't panned out. Time to look in different directions. Or do you propose taking another run at that wall?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I somehow read "urology".
My bad...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
If you no longer find the topic of"UFOs"interesting, why not increase your knowledge in different subjects for awhile? I find that reading non-fiction science or astronomy and history books helps build a more complete picture of what is going on in our reality. Boring has always been a word I avoid, because I find it to be an insipid term. Avoid the tube sites and grab some books at your local library or download for your e-reader. I do hope you don't reject the topic forever....

edit on 322015 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Hello, i find ufology so boring that i do not even bother clicking video links to sightings now because i know it will be some point of light with no reference in the sky or an orb.

The only things about ufos these days are lights over lake eerie, or 70s/80s cases rehashed..

From a psychological perspective the study of the people involved in UFOlogy is incredibly interesting. But yeah, if you're looking for aliens in flying saucers. That whole thing is like a relic from the Cold War era. It is no coincidence that after the Cold War ended the types of sightings from the 1940s-1980s mostly ended.

If you're interested in what may be out there, forget UFOlogy and follow exoplanet and astrobiology research. It's also no coincidence that most of the UFO conventions tend to be on the old side because many young adults who would otherwise have gotten into UFOs in the past now following those fields of science since new discoveries are happening rapidly.

There is a whole generation of which I am one, which grew up with the knowledge that there are other planets around other stars and remotely piloted drones on Earth so the whole UFOs being explained as some kind of ET contact is kinda is boring.

Here are a couple of sites for you:

www.astrobio.net... - A great astrobiology site for the average person
www.edx.org... - Want to study alien planets? Or just about anything else? Sign up, it's free and the exoplanet and astrobiology courses are taught by leading scientists in field.
www.astrobites.com... - This site is aimed at undergrad astronomy students like me but if you passed Astronomy 101 in college or are an
amateur astronomer you'll feel at home there.

And for news...

phl.upr.edu...
ww.universetoday.com...
www.space.com...
www.planetary.org...

And for a nice mix of science with sci-fi references:
www.centauri-dreams.org...
edit on 2-3-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I agree that the ufo topic has gotten to the point where we as interested minds were excited to hear about a new incident, and now many of us have gotten to the point where we go "Ehh, no big deal, yea yea yea, we know already, aliens exist, they have been visiting mankind for millennia, and they have been involved in our evolution. But , consider the possibility that for the last 50 years the government has been intentionaly conditioning society to have that exact response to full disclosure. So that when full disclosure does happen we don't have complete breakdown in society, religion, government. Bracing society for the shock that many people are going to have when they find out that much of our human history gas been hidden from us.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

youtu.be...

Did you watch the video? It's a little more than a 12 minute light show

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
Well, just off the top of my head there was this one from a couple months ago, not debunked to my knowledge, from this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind of cool.

And there was that EQ swarm near the N. California/Oregon border where balls of light were seen for months in advance.
I have been flying most of my life and I must say that this is just another airplane going the opposite direction. I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, just point out a simple misidentification. How many people who see a small airplane refers to it as a "Piper Cub?" Flying Piper Cubs are as rare as UFOs.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

night vision helps as well

Oh how I would love to have a 3rd. generation NV goggles. But, unfortunately three to five thousand dollars is too much for me to spend on watching for UFOs. I hope you get a pair though...Good luck, pal..reply to: PlanetXisHERE

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: to edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join