It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anastasia Steele from 50 Shades of Grey join ISIS in a SNL commerical causing outrage.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

A “Saturday Night Live” commercial spoof is stirring outrage online over its depiction of a female high school graduate who leaves her family to join the Islamic State militant group also known as ISIS.

The ad, starring “SNL” host and “50 Shades of Grey” star Dakota Johnson is a spoof of the Toyota commercial that portrays an Army-bound daughter being dropped off at the airport by her father. In the “SNL” version, though, the daughter is being picked up by Islamic militants in a Toyota pickup truck.

“You be careful, OK?” says the father, played by Taran Killam.

“Dad, it’s just ISIS,” she replies.

When a teary-eyed Killam instructs one of the militants, played by Kyle Mooney, to “take care of her,” he replies, “Death to America.”

As the truck drives away, a voice-over assures Killam: “ISIS: We’ll take it from here, Dad.”

While the studio audience seemed to laugh, plenty of viewers at home didn’t find it so funny.

news.yahoo.com...

Video of the commerical:

edit on 1-3-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
While I understand the outrage, this a sad reality. There are in fact many Americans that choose to join ISIS.

ISIS trying recruit women for babies

www.wnd.com...

Woman arrested at an airport for trying to join ISIS

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Mods my apologies if this was already posted.

edit on 1-3-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I thought it was funny, whats the problem?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I have to agree it is funny lol I just posted it just inform people.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

The only 'outrage' here is people getting upset over SNL. If this skit offended you, maybe you should get a life.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Still too cracked up to type....

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I LoLd when I read their response of "death to America". Perfect answer to the what the dad said haha

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
OMG these people eh? attempting to make us laugh.
How freaking dare they...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Toyota, the dependable choice for terrorism

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Toyota, the dependable choice for terrorism

That and BMW's. it seems to be those two manufacturers. hmmmmm....

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Have times gotten so hard that women will labor for money or are we just raising morons?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This was hilarious.

Not sure what the controversy is all about. I know they were using an old army recruiting commercial as a basis for it...which I guess could piss some folks off.

I thought it was funny. But the real issue here are all the young girls that have actually gone to join ISIS from western nations.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The people who are complaining most likely do not watch SNL or any other comedy on television this century besides the pablum on prime time network television. And even the network sitcom Big Bang Theory had a running bit about a character who had sex with a North Korean spy.

Most likely this is some of the usual culture warrior suspects using this to try and stir up controversy.
edit on 1-3-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
That's too funny!
I'm sure it will give some Fox pundits something to vent.

They could have added this:

The mother "Isn't it great that our lovely daughter will be heading to college?"

The Father "Don't remind me..."

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
The people who are complaining most likely do not watch SNL or any other comedy on television this century besides the pablum on prime time network television. And even the network sitcom Big Bang Theory had a running bit about a character who had sex with a North Korean spy.

Most likely this is some of the usual culture warrior suspects using this to try and stir up controversy.

Big Bang Theory makes me want to throw up in my mouth then swallow it, & the fact it's so popular makes me want to kill myself.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What makes this sort of parody so funny is how close it cuts to the quick.

PS: three British women did just this (or tried to...)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I just did that reading your post

Never done it and the first time I have imagined it

Cheers dude.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Comedy is subjective...

But that was kinda funny to me.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
That's too funny!
I'm sure it will give some Fox pundits something to vent.

They could have added this:

The mother "Isn't it great that our lovely daughter will be heading to college?"

The Father "Don't remind me..."

I guess you could say shes going to be*sunglasses*Head and shoulders above the rest.
YYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
ISIS trying recruit women for babies

I don't think that's actually true.

They're recruiting young girls because the vast majority of these "men" are either teenage boys or seriously f**ked up fanatical adults who abuse their status to satisfy their carnal urges - along with gaining influence, power and all the other things that come with a cult.

These are men who believe in the slavery of women, men who think nothing of murdering people in cold blood, men who think nothing of raping and pillaging.

This is Lord of the Flies on steroids, with extreme psychopathy based on a fanatical death cult.

We all know what cults are based on. Every cult involves sexual and psychological abuse.

No one really wants to say it publicly, but we all know exactly what's happening to these idiotic girls the moment they get out there to find the handsome young "freedom fighter" they've been duped into thinking wants to marry them.

I think it's time our governments consulted with the parents of those girls already gone and formulate a plan to educate the incredibly naive in the truth. Maybe if our media was not actively avoiding confronting the reality of what is obviously happening for "sensitivity" reasons we might be able to stop more naive girls from going out there to be abused and used, before having a suicide vest strapped to them when they're replaced by "fresh meat".

It's time to wake up, be honest, and tell it like it is.

While I'm not sure if using comedy is the right way to do it, at least it's being talked about more than it was just a month ago. Now we just need to get over the fear of being insensitive and start telling the truth about what's really happening to these girls when they get there and the kind of life they can expect to have under the control of a fanatical death cult.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join