It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huntsman Spider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is an awesome spider, even if it is huge! Mu brother had two Rain Spiders (Huntsman Spiders) as pets when we were young. They were always around he house, and so he caught them one night, and fed them on a daily bases, until they were released a few weeks later. But then they started to like my brother, and always came back to him.

At the end they would just sit around the house, and if my brother came past, they would 'ask' my brother to pick them up. And so my brother did. He caught their own food, but always liked a special treat like a grasshopper or a big moth. They were the most amazing things ever!

I can't exactly remember what happened to them, but they were my brother's pet for almost a year.

And for those who do not know what they look like, here are some photos I took a while ago. They are still around the house a lot, and I do not disturb them. This is photos of a mother protecting her young. She made a great nest out of dried leafs and some Tortoise droppings, (I have 6), to attract flies and other insects as food for the young.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Things Australian people say.

2nd.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why did I look? Spiders give me the creeps...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Its better to be curious than being scared.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Awww. so cute. I like spiders. I have been bit about four times that I know of by spiders and I still like them.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I've never been bitten, thats why I love them. I actually had 3 scorpions as pets. I handled them with no problem, i never even got stung ot anything.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

Everytime I got bit by a spider, I was not treating them well. They don't seem to bother you much if you aren't teasing them, torturing them, or trying to kill them. When you fear them they will lurch towards you, knowing humans kill things that they are afraid of.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That is an interesting way of looking at it!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Runs from the thread screaming "KIll it, kill it!"

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I got the hee bee gee bees just looking at the pic. Aghhhhhh!
Nice one.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Just like friendly 8 legged pussy cats really .

With lots of eyes .
edit on 2-3-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No need to kill Rain Spiders, they eat all the other pests in the house, and is very friendly

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

No need to kill Rain Spiders, they eat all the other pests in the house, and is very friendly

I'd rather have the other pests than that thing! Anything that scares me that much isn't friendly. Hahaha!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Sometimes, they are more afraid of you than you are of them.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

Sometimes, they are more afraid of you than you are of them.

I know and yet...they still scare the hell outta me! My Mom never liked gardening with me because every time I saw a worm or spider, I'd scream and jump up and down like a maniac. LOL I called it my spider dance.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Lol!

top topics

join