It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Rally in Moscow

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Tens of thousands of people have marched through central Moscow to honour opposition politician Boris Nemtsov, who was shot dead on Friday.
They carried portraits of Mr Nemtsov and banners saying "I am not afraid".
He had been due to lead an opposition march on Sunday but his killing turned the event into a mourning rally.
Mr Nemtsov's allies have accused the Kremlin of involvement, but President Vladimir Putin condemned the murder as "vile" and vowed to find the killers.
Opposition supporters gathered at a point not far from the Kremlin before marching past the spot on Great Moskvoretsky Bridge where Mr Nemtsov was killed.

Read More

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Mar 2 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

Putin, the psychopath, probably shot the guy himself..

Good luck to the Russian people.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I don't know, maybe. I just wonder if all these events could be boiling up to war between NATO and Russia.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If I was marching in that rally I would be afraid.

Anyone know if Nemtsov's mother was at the rally?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Anyone know if Nemtsov's mother was at the rally?

I don't know, good question though.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Whaaa??

You mean you're not what your avatar describes?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Like the "Animals" that stormed the streets of Ferguson over unsubstantiated claims, these "protesters", too, deserve nothing less than a Russian military presence just like what we saw the USG do in Ferguson.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

Whaaa??

Hard to be scared when you have a starship in orbit. Emergency Beam out! lol
edit on 1-3-2015 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Whaaa??

Oh I scream and post crazy rants all the time! But Putin uses real bullets, so I'd rather avoid all the state cameras that will be sure to get pictures of everyone involved.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

In America, people can protest freely. During the Fergouson thing, people protested all over, but most of it was peaceful. We don't have to have a permit to protest, nor are there limits on how many can attend. According to the story, Russia seems to have these restrictions. Fergouson really did get out of hand, but the people were upset. Military didn't really intervene, more like watched, it was the police officers that tried to keep it contained. Having lived in LA during the riots there in the 90s, I'm on the fence in regards to this particular event.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Whaaa??

Oh I scream and post crazy rants all the time! But Putin uses real bullets, so I'd rather avoid all the state cameras that will be sure to get pictures of everyone involved.

You can where a mask like this to avoid the cameras www.fivedollarfinds.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We should start calling the CIA the Destabilizers.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Like the "Animals" that stormed the streets of Ferguson over unsubstantiated claims, these "protesters", too, deserve nothing less than a Russian military presence just like what we saw the USG do in Ferguson.

The funny thing is though, in "evil" russia you won't even see close to the same reaction we saw in "free" america.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Both the Russian and American regimes are corrupt,i have no doubt based on logic and reason
IMO there is not point flag waving for either side,they are heads of the same snake with maintaining and acquiring power and wealth at the expense of their citizens.
Best is to collaborate on a path where government does not continually behave like this
Although i can't imagine anything short dismantling the financial system in oder to accomplish real and noticeable change,where average people can truly take back control.
edit on 1-3-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Putin, the psychopath, probably shot the guy himself..

Good luck to the Russian people.

Yeah I can't believe he talked that other psychopath Assad into giving up his WMD's before we got a chance to go in there and level Damascus... what a monster.

edit on 1-3-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JonStone
I don't know, maybe. I just wonder if all these events could be boiling up to war between NATO and Russia.

NATO is a defensive alliance... If war breaks out it will because of an attack on NATO and not vice versa.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The march of mourning didn`t produce massive amounts of people (probably not even more as the normal planned march), that should say enough about how important he actually was.

Police say 21,000 took part in march of mourning over Boris Nemtsov in Moscow

About 21,000 people took part in a march of mourning in memory of Boris Nemtsov in central Moscow on Sunday, the press service of the Moscow police department said.

"The march is practically over. Participants are leaving the venue. Police say about 21,000 people took part in the march," the press service said.

Source

...and just like last time, Western Media tries to inflate the number by making assumptions it`s much higher.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Something tells me Putin had nothing to do with this.......He is not stupid. It would have been an accident or suicide. Who gains from this the most.......Look at the bigger picture readers around the world.

This was planned to cause unrest in Russia and look it is working.....Russian Spring? PTB are playing very dangerous games. This is not some 3rd world middle east country this is RUSSIA. These guys have some real teeth and are not afraid to us them.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes, I know and agree though others may not. I said NATO because if it is actually a US vs Russia war, NATO will most likely get involved.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Wrong,NATO is a crisis management organization the employs a mix of political and military tools to help manage (and create) emerging crises.
www.nato.int...
www.thenewamerican.com...

edit on 1-3-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join