It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Journey Down the Rabbit Hole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
In this next Fever Rising thread, I'm going to show you all, through a series of debates here at ATS featuring ATS members, how Jonny Mnemonic stumbled onto the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis. It all started when he was discussing the Arctic methane leaks on another forum site back in 2011. He was mysteriously banned from the site even under different IP addresses and this raised his suspicions that he was onto something someone didn't want people to know. It's an interesting story.

After this chapter I begin breaking down each phenomenon that I believe are increasing in frequency and intensity due to the rapidly escalating methane levels in the atmosphere. First I start with the increasing earthquakes, which will be the next thread. This thread is Chapter 11 of my book, Fever Rising. Here are the first ten chapters in a series of threads I've been publishing this week for my ATS family and friends.

The Mystery of the Clintonville Booms
The Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis
The Rise of Deadly Methane Gas
The Truth about Atmospheric Methane and it's Role in Global Warming
Methane and Fracking, part 1
Methane and Fracking, part 2
What is Hydrogen Sulfide?
Hydrogen Sulfide's Role in Global Warming
Natural Forces at Work

Chapter 11: A Journey Down the Rabbit Hole

I’ve oftentimes credited the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis in this book and for good reason. It’s what I’ve based my entire theory of methane and hydrogen sulfide gases causing the strange and unexplainable phenomenon occurring all around the planet. His hypothesis highlights fires, explosions, human deaths, strange animal behavior and vehicle accidents. After extensive research and consideration to the strange sky noises and sonic booms, I decided that not only these events, but so many others rising in intensity and frequency, were also caused by the increasing levels of these gases in our atmosphere. Although Jonny had already associated earthquakes and volcanoes with his hypothesis, I added them to the theory, but I don’t think it stops there. The animal die-offs, sinkholes and land subsidence, freakish and extreme weather events, disease outbreaks and even the fireballs, in my opinion, are a consequence of dangerous gases entering our atmosphere at unprecedented levels.

In this chapter I’m going to share additional words from Jonny, some of which describe his early findings as he ventured down the rabbit hole that lead to his hypothesis. Furthermore, this chapter explores the idea of the hypothesis and why he gave it a name versus simply repeating news about something that had already happened numerous times in our history.

First, here is a summary of the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis. This quick overview was re-printed in the third chapter that explained the hypothesis itself, but I feel it pertinent to repeat it again here before we read on about how Jonny went down the rabbit hole.

What is the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis?
Jumpingjackflashhypothesis.blogspot.com
The seas, lakes and oceans are now pluming deadly hydrogen sulfide and suffocating methane. Hydrogen sulfide is a highly toxic water-soluble heavier-than-air gas and will accumulate in low-lying areas. Methane is slightly more buoyant than normal air and so will be all around, but will tend to contaminate our atmosphere from the top down. These gases are sickening and killing oxygen-using life all around the world, including human life, as our atmosphere is increasingly poisoned. Because both gases are highly flammable and because our entire civilization is built around fire and flammable fuels, this is leading to more fires and explosions. This is an extinction level event and will likely decimate both the biosphere and human population and it is debatable whether humankind can survive this event.

Jonny Mnemonic stated on his website JumpingJackFlashHypothesis.blogspot.com that his hypothesis was developed in part when he participated in a thread at the forum site Godlikeproductions.com that was discussing this news story.

Massive methane leak in Arctic Sea
From Independent.co.uk, Dec. 13, 2011
"The scale and volume of the methane release has astonished the head of the Russian research team who has been surveying the seabed of the East Siberian Arctic Shelf off northern Russia for nearly 20 years."

"This is the first time that we've found continuous, powerful and impressive seeping structures, more than 1,000 metres in diameter. It's amazing," Dr Semiletov said.

"Some plumes were a kilometre or more wide and the emissions went directly into the atmosphere – the concentration was a hundred times higher than normal."

Already aware of the events unfolding, as Jonny participated in the thread at Godlike Productions, he found himself banned from the website three times in a row even under different IP addresses. This is what inspired him to create his hypothesis.

He deduced that someone didn’t want the hypothesis being discussed. Jonny decided that the hypothesis was correct and that it was a powerful truth that some are trying to hide.

The rest of this chapter will feature Jonny’s own words as he debated with others on my “Dangerous Gas” thread at AboveTopSecret.com.

Post by JonnyMnemonic
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
Dangerous Gas may be the cause of super-charged, mass die-offs, quakes and more
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Dead zones have been growing for years. And as scientists have already pointed out, flammable methane is spewing into the atmosphere 24 hours per day now and explosions out of nowhere are rocking peoples' homes, and utility poles are bursting into flame, and people are bursting into flame, and vehicles are bursting into flame while unattended in parking lots and garages and auto shops and in car parks and, well, everywhere.

Debate all you want. I'm saying that no amount of debate is going to change reality, and that will be evident, if it isn't already. Obviously, to some people, reasoning people, what I'm saying is already backed by enough evidence to at least make them think. By all means, if you want to wait until cities are exploding and burning at a great rate, that's fine with me. Select your criteria. We can debate that as it happens, in fact. Sounds fun. And if you have a better explanation for these things, let's see it:

Continued...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
* Why did 500+ people sicken during the Las Vegas Marathon?
* Why did 22 Houston students at an outdoor stadium suddenly drop unconscious, with a 'strange smell' mentioned?
* Why did 13,000 endangered Saiga antelope drop dead in Kazakhstan?
* Why are vehicles bursting into flame without any driver in them, while not running?
* Why are people seeing flashes of light in the sky and having their homes shaken by unexplained explosions?
* Why are fire chiefs seeing immense increases in vacant houses going up in flames in cities everywhere?
* Why have birds dropped dead out of the sky in locations all over?
* Why did children in Louisiana get 'flash-burned' while going on an indoor field trip to another school?
* Why are rich folks building bunkers in the Himalayas?
* Why did Russia start cranking out underground bunkers sufficient to house 20 million Moscow residents?
* Why did a normal church-going guy turn into a cannibal after walking over a causeway in coastal Florida?
* Why did students playing basketball outside in New York suddenly get stricken with Tourette's-like symptoms?
* Why are younger people in Australia coming down with Parkinson's-like symptoms?

If my hypothesis is correct, which it is, that answers every single one of those questions, and many more. Without it, you are left with YOUR theory to explain these events. And what is that theory, by the way?

And finally, we know this happens when the oceans go anoxic. They are doing so. Scientists have been telling us that for years, remarking on the rising water temps and growing dead zones. Why would anyone think that THIS time this extinction event WOULDN'T happen? The chemistry and biochemistry is the same now as it ever was. Those same bacteria are still there, doing their thing. Now, as before, they have awakened, as one would expect. Expecting otherwise would be illogical.

The following exchange occurred between Jonny and ATS member, SteveR. This exchange happened in December of 2012. This is where SteveR questions the idea that this hypothesis belongs to Jonny.

Post by SteveR
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
Ok. It is possible that you are right. It is scientific knowledge that this process has happened before in Earth's history. Probably several times. Therefore it can happen again. I've looked at a lot of articles on this subject. I find it strange none of them can explain how the Earth's climate returned to "normal". What removed the excess hydrogen sulfide, methane and carbon dioxide? What caused the downfall of the bacteria producing those gases?

I've also looked at the explanation of the "Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis" on your blog. Can you clarify for me what makes this hypothesis yours? The fact you have coined your own name for it and the full explanation on your website and this thread gives one the impression you have come up with this theory yourself. Yet, you simply present an already known scientific theory, as in the PDF you linked to and quoted from. Is there anything more to your hypothesis besides the proposition that we are due for another one of these events? Just trying to work out what is original and yours here. It seems that the sum total of your theory is 4 words - "this is happening again". The nuts and bolts of the theory you cite from other sources. Scientists are already warning that the same anoxia extinction scenario may be repeated if carbon levels rise. They talk about hydrogen sulfide also. The only difference is, you state this is happening now (which is very possible). I just don't get what else there is to the "Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis". Why give it its own name? Unless your just trying to spread awareness? I think the main reason people have put you down in this thread is because a) they are uneducated about the science, and b) it appears as if you have speculated all this yourself and people are naturally skeptical of that, when really, in actuality, nothing about this theory is yours, except for the assertion that the event is happening now. The rest is all in the scientific literature. Feel free to correct me. I am interested to know what is original about your hypothesis besides the aforementioned assertion and the collection of headlines. Where is your creative input here, or do you just collate? I may of course have overlooked something you said in all the reading.

Reply by JonnyMnemonic
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
MY hypothesis is that THAT hypothesis is happening NOW. That's no small thing there. The creative input is how this affects our society, the health effects on people (neurological, kidney/renal/heart damage, etc), the specifics of the causes of the fires (reactivity with copper for the power poles and some of the vehicles), the absorption problem with absorbent materials, the causes of the rise in terrible accidents (brake lines and power steering lines frying, disabled drivers, etc). You know, all the things that affect OUR lives. The authors of the supporting hypothesis covered none of how this affects US, just devoted a sentence or two to saying, 'We hope this doesn't happen.' I'm more involved with the other side of that: now that it IS happening, then what's that going to do to us? Also, I'm more concerned with the 'what can we do about it' part of things, suggesting ideas as they come to mind, trying to figure out what mitigation efforts are already in place. So they cover more of the 'why this happens', and I'm involved more with the 'what happens to us when it does and what do we do about it and how can we extend our lives at the personal and civilization levels'. I would say those are actually completely different things there.

Did I put all that into the hypothesis itself? Nope. Most of the creative input comes as we go, in the daily and monthly event lists and the notes. I didn't have every mystery solved when I wrote the hypothesis, but even if I had, I wouldn't have tried to cram more in, because peoples' minds can only handle so much, and it's more effective, I think, that I kept things short and simple: here's what's happening, here's a link to the scientists that explain the why of it, and here in a general sense is what we will be seeing in OUR lives. Then for those who follow along, they can read as the mysteries are solved, one by one. I wasn't always aware of the absorbent materials problem, for example. Took some time to glom onto that. But think about how pervasive that effect is - WOOD. We use a LOT of wood. You don't think that just that one thing was an important addition to available knowledge, that wood is absorbing gas and bursting into flame? I think that's pretty freaking important to know! I had to do some digging to discover that recent medical research shows that hydrogen sulfide causes renal problems, and put that clue together with the tens of thousands of farm workers on the west coast of Central America mysteriously suffering serious renal problems. You know, detail work, that's what I'm adding. Details are important! One missed detail with something like this can cost many lives.

Continued...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Is this another substitute for pollution thesis? Oh, its man made…

…explosions out of nowhere are rocking peoples' homes, and utility poles are bursting into flame, and people are bursting into flame, and vehicles are bursting into flame while unattended in parking lots and garages and auto shops and in car parks and, well, everywhere.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Reply by SteveR
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
The science is very clear on the subject. My only bonepick is with the "ocean absorbs oxygen" part. I know you didn't write that. We know without doubt that over 70% of the oxygen in the atmosphere is produced by the metabolic functions of ocean microorganisms. In other words, the oxygen originates in the ocean. But either way, that detail doesn't change the process of events as the article describes. Those oxygen-producing microorganisms are the 'good guys' that are slowly dying off. It spells doom for us and any oxygen respiring life on the planet. Ocean anoxia can't be doubted and is more fact than hypothesis. It seems with each passing year we get even more beached whales, starfish, jellyfish and a whole host of other creatures who seem to have died en masse for no reason. They die in truly huge numbers and all at once. I don't know if this is due to hydrogen sulfide or the big pockets of methane being released or simple anoxia, but concentrations of both those noxious gases are evidently increasing in the atmosphere beyond nominal levels.

Good work on bringing this to public attention. This may just be the most important thread on ATS right now. Maybe in 5 years if the situation doesn't stabilize (and I guess it won't since temperatures keep rising) we'll see a ton of threads on this topic. And people just won't know what to do. Although I liked the guy on the G_L_P thread's suggestion that we send down subs and explode as many Clathrate deposits as we can find. I've no idea if that's even remotely possible. It's a wacky idea but it's something. I also thought that if our global warming is solar based then this is a process we will find very difficult to stop. Judging by the amount of damage and disruption this scenario could cause I greatly favor focusing on prevention. Then we won't need the biodomes. If this thing gets totally out of hand like it did during the Permian-Triassic extinction event then it's going to do more damage to humanity and the world than a nuclear war. Terraforming is going to be really big business in the future. Fortunately, the PDF you linked speculates that carbon dioxide levels need to be around 1000 ppm before this event gets into full swing. We are at 393 ppm right now rising almost 3ppm a year. The 2200 AD timeframe may be a little generous but I guess we'll see what happens. I'm hoping that the hydrogen sulfide phenomena people are experiencing right now will remain somewhat steady. It's going to take A LOT more of that stuff to poison us and destroy the ozone layer. Thankfully, due to its reactivity, it tends to burn itself off, hence the popping and fires. The Russians have dealt with land based leakages of methane by simply setting them on fire. The "Door to Hell" is one that has been burning continuously for almost 42 years. 200 ft wide permanent inferno. They thought it would burn out in a matter of days. Hell of a lot of gas down there.

Reply by JonnyMnemonic
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
Yeah, can't really imagine anything more important. I mean, just the vehicular fires alone, if they get really bad, well, that's how we plant and harvest crops, get food to grocery stores, get food from grocery stores to homes. If that's all taken away then...uh, yeah. If the UV and/or heat and/or drought wipes out the crops we CAN plant then things will get bad real fast.
I'm sure you've dealt with lots of bizarro whacked-out theories. I'm not really much of a conspiracy-type guy myself. This is sound science here. I'm just fleshing out the details. The scientists wrote the synopsis of the story. Now I'm writing the story itself, with all the nitty-gritty details. I wouldn't be here now without that synopsis though, and I freely admit that. My work is just trying to figure out all the various ways this problem seems to be coming at us, and they definitely seem varied and widespread. Like the copper reactivity thing. That didn't occur to me initially. Took a while for that to gestate. But that's all of our electrical and electronic infrastructure. That's pretty friggin' huge, and that's just one of the sub-problems.

I don't think 'they' are so industriously building underground facilities because of a problem generations out. This is fueled by bacterial growth rates at least to some degree, and those are scarily fast, geometric. I think the scientists may also have gotten the 1000 ppm CO2 thing wrong, or they underestimate how rapidly the burning may escalate that, or they underestimate the power of the methane releases already occurring and those to come. I think this is going to be more rapid than most anyone can really imagine. I certainly hope I'm wrong about that, of course.

Post by Rezlooper (myself)
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
I appreciate that you, Steve, recognize that this thread is very important and I wish it would get more attention here at ATS (not for stars and flags) but for serious discussion because I too believe this is not a joke. It was discussed on ATS Live Saturday night in the turbo section where they discuss certain threads for 2 minutes max. Well, these ‘experts’ brushed it off as a joke stating that methane has always been released and that carbon dioxide isn’t much threat. I wonder if they even read the thread.

There are many very intelligent people here at ATS (many who pretend to be anyways) and I was hoping some of them would come on to this thread and offer their opinions, but they have all steered clear. As I peruse other threads, there they are, arguing away for science, so it really makes me wonder why they have all avoided this very important topic. To me, it says this thread has merit and that they have nothing to counter-offer.

I don’t like to be a doom and gloom person. I don’t want to be viewed as a fear-mongerer. In my day to day life I’m far from it. I’m a public figure in my little region of Wisconsin and the last thing I need to do is discuss doom and gloom. Like I said, I only stumbled on this stuff in my search for answers to the booms and shakes in Clintonville, WI. But, I am a realist, and this stuff is real. The more we can get people to discuss this topic, the more we can get them to wake up. What good will it do? I’m not sure because I don’t know the real time tables here. I like to hope that Jonny is wrong on that part.

Continued...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Reply by JonnyMnenomic
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
Also, SteveR, I did add some important things to the scientists' hypothesis there. The very first thing I realized, which they never mention at all (because in geologic timescales I guess it doesn't mean much), is, holy crap, this stuff is ridiculously flammable and explosive! (Methane is too, but not like hydrogen sulfide.) That was why I made that my first prediction, the fires and explosions. Maybe that doesn't mean much in geologic timeframes, but when you're living in the timeframe that it occurs, it looks like it means a whole lot. Also, that's a very hard thing to hide from people, so I thought that might be the most effective 'wakeup tool'. Hard to miss big ol' car carriers in flames on the side of the road. Hard to ignore or hide thunderous house-shaking explosions with flashes of light in the sky. The corpses mostly look like 'natural causes'. I didn't think the people dying would be so easy to hide, but it looks like I significantly underestimated their ability to hide that part of things. (Which is why I made several predictions, hedged my bets, figuring they couldn't really hide ALL of this from people.)

Let me throw some old conspiracy theories in too. I never gave these much credence myself, but one looks at things differently once you wake up to this H2S-methane problem. First, as part of my hypothesis, as one of the proposed explanations for weird stuff, all these weird creatures popping up, especially those that look like they have a human component: Mother Nature filling gaps caused by the UV damage with genetic data. My explanation is that the genetic 'patching' data is coming from passing viruses, because viruses are EVERYWHERE, and scientists using gene therapy use them to deliver genetic information, so it's clearly something they can be used for via science. Well, maybe it's not just science that makes it possible, but nature itself, under the right conditions (the foreign species probably has to share a lot of the same 'code', like no flower-human chimeras, or snake-bacteria chimeras).

Well, there were those stories from Dulce, where weird part-human things were supposedly seen, and conspiracists theorized that we were doing bizarre experiments with human genetic manipulation. What if those things did exist, but they were things we FOUND, out in the wild? We'd certainly want to study them, to try to grasp the problem, understand the mechanism, and see if anything could be done to stop it. Because that alone could be a fearsome danger. Some guy in Mexico caught a little humanoid thing, looked like a human-lizard chimera to me. Not even a foot tall, but had a big skull for its size, and it had HANDS, walked upright. He said he saw a second one, but didn't catch that one.

That could be a nightmare for human civilization, something like that, a small tool-using hominid with human or near-human intelligence. And some lizard species reproduce via parthenogenesis, meaning they don't need a mate; they only need one. And they lay eggs, so if they hatch big broods, they could raise an army quickly. They could observe us, learn from us, adapt our weaponry, infiltrate our cities via routes we wouldn't expect because of their small size, work together as teams to take us down when we're isolated. There've been some strange animal deaths the last year, 'puncture wounds', no apparent motive. I have to wonder, are there human-whatever chimeras breeding out there in the wild right now, learning simple weapons like small bows and spears? There very well could be.

Next, the stories of the train cars, supposedly built during the Bush administration, with shackles in them. And the 'anti-zombie' training in California a couple months ago. Maybe those cars are to transport the people who've sustained enough neurological damage to become violently insane, perhaps even super-humanly strong. But transfer them where? Well, then there's the stories of the guillotines. You wouldn't ever be able to cure these people; the damage is permanent. And it would take too many resources to keep them alive, so you'd need to humanely kill them. I mean, what's the alternative? Is there one? And guillotines are pretty humane; they're fast, they're easy to assemble, they don't require electricity.

Like you said, these things don't matter all that much in the big scheme of things. I just don't like unsolved mysteries, and perhaps these are the answers to a few of them. Or maybe not. Who knows. Worth a little pondering though.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Is this another substitute for pollution thesis? Oh, its man made…

…explosions out of nowhere are rocking peoples' homes, and utility poles are bursting into flame, and people are bursting into flame, and vehicles are bursting into flame while unattended in parking lots and garages and auto shops and in car parks and, well, everywhere.

Here we go again... trying to derail the topic at hand into the good ole 'man made or not' argument. The author of the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis, Jonny Mnemonic, believes that this entire global warming, escalating gases, unexplained fires, the whole bit, is a natural-caused event and not man made, because of the fact that this has happened several times in the past when man was not here.

I, on the other hand, feel that yes, it may be natural, but man has probably had a hand in it simply for the fact that the Industrial Age started in the 1700's and that was when GHG's like CO2 and CH4 started rising in our atmosphere. We've added a lot of things to the methane cycle such as landfills, cattle raising, fracking, aquaculture and what not.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Great thread. I saw this at Zerohedge this morning which ties in: www.zerohedge.com...

There was another article at geoengineering.com that took the approach that the Arctic is being artificially heated up (oil / gas / minerals?) and that this is pushing cold air into the temperate zones. I will link this in another post.

Could there be a concentration of methane / hydrogen sulfide being released in the Arctic as opposed to lower concentrations elsewhere as the root of this jet stream shift? Could geoengineering for the benefit of oil companies enhance this effect?

Before anyone dismisses the geoengineering side of this I would like to relay a story that a UN official told me recently. He stated that the US bombing campaign in Afghanistan was not to blow up the cave of a Bin Laden but to take off millions of tons of overburden in the mountains of Afghanistan and eventually mine $7 trillion of minerals there.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Klipothian
Here is the geoengineering link regarding the shift in the Jetstream: www.geoengineeringwatch.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I, on the other hand, feel that yes, it may be natural, but man has probably had a hand in it simply for the fact that the Industrial Age started in the 1700's and that was when GHG's like CO2 and CH4 started rising in our atmosphere. We've added a lot of things to the methane cycle such as landfills, cattle raising, fracking, aquaculture and what not.

That was my point, human technology has 'had a hand'. Carry on…

Graph

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Klipothian

Here is a good summary from the Zerohedge article (quoting from the Sydney Times):

Russian scientists have now spotted a total of seven craters, five of which are in the Yamal Peninsula. Two of those holes have since turned into lakes. And one giant crater is rimmed by a ring of at least 20 mini-craters, the Siberian Times reported. Dozens more Siberian craters are likely still out there, said Moscow scientist Vasily Bogoyavlensky of the Oil and Gas Research Institute, calling for an "urgent" investigation.

He fears that if temperatures continue to rise — and they were five degrees higher than average in 2012 and 2013 — more craters will emerge in an area awash in gas fields vital to the national economy. "It is important not to scare people, but to understand that it is a very serious problem and we must research this," he told the Siberian Times. "We must research this phenomenon urgently, to prevent possible disasters."

These objects need to be studied, but it is rather dangerous for the researchers," Bogoyavlensky told the Siberian Times. "We know that there can occur a series of gas emissions over an extended period of time, but we do not know exactly
Russian scientists have now spotted a total of seven craters, five of which are in the Yamal Peninsula. Two of those holes have since turned into lakes. And one giant crater is rimmed by a ring of at least 20 mini-craters, the Siberian Times reported. Dozens more Siberian craters are likely still out there, said Moscow scientist Vasily Bogoyavlensky of the Oil and Gas Research Institute, calling for an "urgent" investigation.

Making matters worse, the gas is extremely flammable. One of the methane bursts has already caught fire. Nearby residents in a town called Antipayuta say they recently saw a bright flash in the distance. "Probably the gas ignited," Bogoyavlensky said. "This shows us that such [an] explosion could be rather dangerous and destructive. Years of experience has shown that gas emissions can cause serious damage to drilling rigs, oil and gas fields and offshore pipelines."
they might happen. ... It is very risky, because no one can guarantee there would not be new emissions."

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

That was my point, human technology has 'had a hand'. Carry on…

Graph

My apologies there, I read it wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klipothian
Great thread. I saw this at Zerohedge this morning which ties in: www.zerohedge.com...

There was another article at geoengineering.com that took the approach that the Arctic is being artificially heated up (oil / gas / minerals?) and that this is pushing cold air into the temperate zones. I will link this in another post.

Could there be a concentration of methane / hydrogen sulfide being released in the Arctic as opposed to lower concentrations elsewhere as the root of this jet stream shift? Could geoengineering for the benefit of oil companies enhance this effect?

Before anyone dismisses the geoengineering side of this I would like to relay a story that a UN official told me recently. He stated that the US bombing campaign in Afghanistan was not to blow up the cave of a Bin Laden but to take off millions of tons of overburden in the mountains of Afghanistan and eventually mine $7 trillion of minerals there.

What's scary about that article you referenced and the Siberian blow holes is they say that temps in Siberia are 5 degrees above normal for nearly two years now, and you get a sense they are worried about their scientists even going into the region to investigate these holes. These holes could be a precursor to the Clathrate Gun Hypothesis where a sudden catastrophic release of gigatons of methane gas is ejected into the atmosphere. I wrote about this in an earlier thread in this series of chapters out of my book where a Russian scientist who has been investigating the thawing permafrost said there is 2.5 gigatons of methane in the atmosphere and yet there is literally hundreds if not thousands of gigatons of methane alone under that permafrost in Siberia. She said that there is only that thin layer of permafrost separating the air we breathe and that deadly methane gas. If this gas were to release, we'd stand little chance and an above average Siberian Arctic temp of five degrees is no joke!

Thanks for the post. What I do know is our jet stream is out-of-whack and it's the jet stream pushing warm ocean air up over the Arctic, which then pushes the Arctic cold down into a different termperate zone as you said. I don't know the cause, but the idea of oil, gas and mineral mining has boomed all over the world in the last 10 years, and it was in 2007 when methane gas started rapidly escalating in our atmosphere. Could certainly be connected.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klipothian

This wouldn't surprise me at all. What a diversion that was, hey, lead us all to believe it was to hunt Bin Laden and yet it was another trillion dollar power play. It's amazing what man does for the big buck without ever thinking of the consequences. I just don't believe we can continue to drill a million deep holes into Mother Earth and expect her to keep tolerating it.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
interesting reading..
(although those bow & arrow wielding chupacabra's probably weren't necessary)
..thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

This is a very Interesting, Thought Provoking Thread!! Thanx for the Share!!! Syx.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Same here. Sorry for jumping in to soon before you were done.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Another great post!
Thanks for sticking with it.
Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

join