It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrophotography and landscape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

]

edit on 1-3-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Just typing a few lines to satisfy the T&C, but words don't do these justice. If you want a daily dose of beauty and awe, just step outside on a clear night and look up.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Wow! These are amazingly beautiful!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
These are some great pics. I'm working on some of my own, but it is an arduous process with the cameras i am using. Did you take these?

a reply to: hillbilly4rent

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Those are really great OP! It looks like you must have put a lot f time and patience into them. It takes a lot of commitment so kudos! I've done a few myself and its not glamorous having to sit out in the cold adjusting things and waiting for exposures that probably wont turn out the way you want.

Maybe you could tell us a little bit about your gear/technique.

Cheer!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Just typing a few lines to satisfy the T&C, but words don't do these justice.

I know lol I hit enter by mistake this morning on my way out was hoping to finish when I got back but that didn't turn out the way I planed.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Wow! These are amazingly beautiful!

Thank you so much

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
These are some great pics. I'm working on some of my own, but it is an arduous process with the cameras i am using. Did you take these?

Yes I did and yes its a job processing astrophotography. Some take me all night and some only a fews second like the 6th one down has no post processing its strait off the sensor. Thank you so much.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Those are really great OP! It looks like you must have put a lot f time and patience into them. It takes a lot of commitment so kudos! I've done a few myself and its not glamorous having to sit out in the cold adjusting things and waiting for exposures that probably wont turn out the way you want.

Maybe you could tell us a little bit about your gear/technique.

Cheer!

Thank you so much!

In the cold weather I will frame my shot and set my ISO, arpiture and exposure to the conditions. I have my lens marked with glow in the dark paint on infinity so its cuts Down focusing time and trouble in the dark. Then I set my intervolometer for as many shots as I can do the back in the house I go.

As for gear I use a canon 1100d, 50d and a t5i each one has its place but those are personal choices.
Lens is a 14mm m f2.8 samyang, older Pentax 50mm f2, and my trusty 18-55 kit lens. Intervolometer and a good tripod.
Hand warmers for the lens.

As for technique I start off with stellarium to get the time and direction of the part of the sky I want to shoot. ISO and exposure is a animal all its own and can very from hour to hour unless on is in a dark sky area. The more light pollution the lower the iso(1600) and longer the exposure (30+ secs.)and vise versa. White balance is set to tungsten to keep the sky a blue or black and not a brownish hue.

For processing that is all user preference with stacking and stitching. sorry to be vaige but at night their is no set rule book for photography the only thing that is a constant is the scean will always change.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Awesome. Thanks for the break down.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Not landscape or astro, but I couldn't resist this coyote walking in our last big snow.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Haven't posted any in a while so here is a short night lapse I did in march.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

A few more to add

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

One from the Perseid meteor shower.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

zodiac Light

Milky Way and Kayak Racks

Moon Dogs

Milky Way Pano

Urbin Milky Way

Alone

Super Moon

Strait Up

Got It Made

Drive Way

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

Moon Dogs

Yeah, I want to be camping right there.
Fantastic pictures thanks for showing us!

top topics

join