It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS are waiting for Jesus to show up!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Also, ISIS aren't waiting for it. They are actively working to make it happen. That's another difference between the Islamic version of the End Times and the Christian version. We are taught to watch and wait; they believe that are active players in helping it happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If by make it happen you mean lure us into a three-decade war for the MIC and lunatic Abrahamic fundies, or lure us in and annihilate us there, sure. Let's all just hope we are not fooled.

edit on 3/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Well, here's a surprise, according to many Christians, the Roman Catholic Church is er ... a Beast or an Image of the Beast or ... something ... of the End Times ...

"We were told in Revelation 13 that the earth beast (America) would set up an IMAGE OF THE BEAST. An image of the Roman Catholic Papacy, which is a church-state union. Friends, we will soon see that same church-state union in America. And then the whole world will be 'caused' to worship the Papacy and take it's mark."

End Times News Update

So apparently, according to that reference at least, it would seem that about 1.2 Billion (Catholics) of the 2.00 Billion Christians play a pretty big role in the End Times ... er, ... stuff.

... and here I had been thinking that all Christians believed the same thing!

Well I was wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh there are a bunch of different interpretations, but the actual writings do not say take up a sword and go bring about Armageddon.

They all tell the tale as something we are passively observing. At most, I've heard of some looney groups trying to arrange things to align with prophecy, but none speak of the Church as active participants.

And yes, there are those who try to make the Catholic Church out to be the Beast system or make the Pope out as False Prophet. But nowhere does the actual scripture say that the Pope will be false prophet. There are many cities on seven hills. There many possible interpretations for Mystery Babylon.

But again, no one knows. So it's not clear.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Does the Qur'an teach Muslims to act to bring about Armageddon or to hasten it?

"Looney groups trying to align things with prophecy?" Oh, like Pat Robertson, John Hagee, Hal Lindsay, Tim LaHaye, etc?

Those guys?

I'm not sure you can describe those folks as "fringe" exactly ... just for example, Robertson's group ...

The 700 Club can be seen in 96 percent of the homes in the U.S. and is carried on ABC Family cable network, FamilyNet, Trinity Broadcasting Network, plus numerous local U.S. television stations, and is seen daily by approximately one million viewers.

CBN International maintains 15 television production centers around the world that create indigenous versions of The 700 Club and other Christian programs in 39 languages. CBN International programs are broadcast in 138 countries to an estimated yearly viewing audience of 360 million people.

About the 700 Club

It may not be clear to you, ketsuko, or to most rationally thinking folks ... but if you spend a little bit of time reading what these people say, write, and broadcast ... I can tell you one thing for certain:

They BELIEVE they know.

/mileagevaries

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

That's another difference between the Islamic version of the End Times and the Christian version.

There ARE Christians that want to bring it on.
LOTS of them. Christian Zionists. Itching for more war, death, and destruction.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

The writer is correct in Islamic eschatology according to Hadiths (not the Quran) Jesus returns at the end of time and slays the anti-Christ somewhere in Syria.

Some of the traditions have Jesus joining the Mahdi and praying behind him...

But understand none of this is in the Quran its all from traditions (Hadiths) which are not universally accepted and there are differences in Hadiths

Many people don’t know that in Islam Jesus is held in high esteem and that is in the Quran

The difference is that Muslims don’t believe he is a God or son of God only a revered Prophet and Messiah.

edit on 1-3-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I goodie, I figured they would find a way to make this Christians fault

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What people don’t realize is that groups who are fundamentalist across the spectrum of ALL religions have the exact same psychological traits as each other.

The fundamentalist Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, ALL HAVE THE EXACT SAME PSYCHOLOGY!

Granted their theology is different but the underlying psychology IS THE SAME!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
And people who are mystical or moderate in religion across ALL religions also have the same psychological make up as each other

Religion and the level of religion one believes is only an accident of time and place

The inner psychology rules

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Wow. Just wow.

They have slaughtered how many Christians for following Jesus now? And they're claiming they want Christ to return?

Idiots, morons , fool and charlatans. That's who Isis really are. Its a shame they have guns, otherwise they'd actually be quite amusing.

this

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So because the 700 Club can be seen in so many homes IF people turn it on and these are people who teach about the End Times ... that somehow means they want to actively work to bring about prophecy.

That's a big leap.

Again, the Bible tells us to watch and be prepared because you never know when it will happen. The Bible does not tell us to take up a sword and go try to bring about Armageddon.

Perhaps you are confused about what it means to "watch and prepare" as opposed to "work to bring about?"

edit on 1-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

And people say that some Christians have a martyr complex ...

... HA!

/snap

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Pretty soon, someone will role with the thread about how ISIS is the Satanist's project and this one about how ISIS is waiting for Jesus and claim that we're all just a bunch of Satan worshippers.

You know it's coming.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Is any of that what I said?

Nope, as usual whenever you start with some variation of "So, what you're saying is ... " you're mistaken.

I quoted your previous comment to wit: "looney groups trying to align things with prophecy" and gave multiple examples of "looney groups trying to align things with prophecy" in our contemporary culture and over the last 40 years or so.

Pat Robertson (longtime host of the 700 Club) is well-known for perennial goof-ball interpretations about "the End Times" as well as other cultural hotspots. I can provide multiple examples if you need them.

Pat Robertson's Biggest Prophecy Flops

Perhaps you are confused about what I actually said in my last response to you?

These people BELIEVE THEY KNOW what the End Times are and what elements of our culture today "fit" those bills.

You yourself described the process as looney, and while I agree with you, I did merely follow your lead.

edit on 13Sun, 01 Mar 2015 13:40:17 -060015p012015366 by Gryphon66 because: Added citation

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If Jesus does show up I think one of the first things he would do is annihilate ISIS

He could run a scam and go there in all his glory and say:

“Come unto me my brothers” While his hands are outstretched

And they come a running and he could

Take em all out in one big bang!

Then Jesus could go after the Zionists who have ravaged the ME since the 40’s

Then maybe the greedy western capitalists who destroyed all the 401k plans and wrecked the world economy

Then the other reprobates in the world who have caused grief to others

That would be a good op

What will Jesus do when he comes back?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Pike's 3 world wars

"The First World War must be brought about in order to permit the Illuminati to overthrow the power of the Czars in Russia and of making that country a fortress of atheistic Communism. The divergences caused by the "agentur" (agents) of the Illuminati between the British and Germanic Empires will be used to foment this war. At the end of the war, Communism will be built and used in order to destroy the other governments and in order to weaken the religions." 2 Students of history will recognize that the political alliances of England on one side and Germany on the other, forged between 1871 and 1898 by Otto von Bismarck, co-conspirator of Albert Pike, were instrumental in bringing about the First World War.

"The Second World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences between the Fascists and the political Zionists. This war must be brought about so that Nazism is destroyed and that the political Zionism be strong enough to institute a sovereign state of Israel in Palestine. During the Second World War, International Communism must become strong enough in order to balance Christendom, which would be then restrained and held in check until the time when we would need it for the final social cataclysm."

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil.

Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time." 4

The "nihilistic revolutionaries" are Islamic terrorists. Why are the multitudes disillusioned with Christianity?

A false Jesus/ "Isa"/ terrorist Jesus destroys the whore of Rome.

Revelation 17

Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality, and with the wine of whose sexual immorality the dwellers on earth have become drunk.” 3 And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness, and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was full of blasphemous names, and it had seven heads and ten horns.

4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and jewels and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality. 5 And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: “Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth's abominations.” 6 And I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of the martyrs of Jesus.[a] When I saw her, I marveled greatly.

7 But the angel said to me, “Why do you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman, and of the beast with seven heads and ten horns that carries her. 8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to rise from the bottomless pit and go to destruction. And the dwellers on earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will marvel to see the beast, because it was and is not and is to come.

9 This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated; 10 they are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while. 11 As for the beast that was and is not, it is an eighth but it belongs to the seven, and it goes to destruction. 12 And the ten horns that you saw are ten kings who have not yet received royal power, but they are to receive authority as kings for one hour, together with the beast.

13 These are of one mind, and they hand over their power and authority to the beast. 14 They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful.” 15 And the angel[c] said to me, “The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is seated, are peoples and multitudes and nations and languages. 16 And the ten horns that you saw, they and the beast will hate the prostitute. They will make her desolate and naked, and devour her flesh and burn her up with fire, 17 for God has put it into their hearts to carry out his purpose by being of one mind and handing over their royal power to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled. 18 And the woman that you saw is the great city that has dominion over the kings of the earth.”

In verse 9, we see that "one is". There are 8 kings that the evil woman rides. The 6th is the "one that is" and that is Rome. It was Rome then when John wrote it and it still is Rome. It is Rome until it isn't. The whore of Rome is burned by the successive 7th head with 10 horns. I hope it is obvious that there are plenty of liars out there that want people to think that Rome is the end of the line, but it clearly isn't.

When Rome gets burned, are people going to be told that Rome/ the Vatican was the "antichrist"? You bet. But it isn't, it is only the 6th in the line of evil antichrists.

It is Islam that will burn the whore of Rome with the false Jesus/ muslim Jesus. Islam is the 7th head. This fake Jesus, "Isa" will be said to be brothers with Lucifer (a la Mormonism/ freemasonry).

Lucifer is the 8th head that the evil church will rule with.

That is why the masses become disillusioned with Christianity - it becomes associated with terrorism and Islam.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Is any of that what I said?

Nope, as usual whenever you start with some variation of "So, what you're saying is ... " you're mistaken.

I quoted your previous comment to wit: "looney groups trying to align things with prophecy" and gave multiple examples of "looney groups trying to align things with prophecy" in our contemporary culture and over the last 40 years or so.

Pat Robertson (longtime host of the 700 Club) is well-known for perennial goof-ball interpretations about "the End Times" as well as other cultural hotspots. I can provide multiple examples if you need them.

Pat Robertson's Biggest Prophecy Flops

Perhaps you are confused about what I actually said in my last response to you?

These people BELIEVE THEY KNOW what the End Times are and what elements of our culture today "fit" those bills.

You yourself described the process as looney, and while I agree with you, I did merely follow your lead.

OH! So you're backpedaling.

I said there were many interpretations of it. The 700 Club has their version. And again, just because it shows up in all those homes doesn't mean everyone watches it.

It shows up in mine ... do I watch it?

Which version are they preaching lately? I'll have to go find out. I'm familiar with most of them to some degree as this subject fascinates me.

But there is a big difference between seeing and trying to figure out if what you see is a sign that fits the prophecy and actively trying to make the signs happen.

Example: If the verse says 1/3 of everything has to die to make the prophecy happen ... You go about trying to kill off 1/3 of everything through your own actions.

Or the verse says there will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars, you look at unusual to rare alignments of the sun, moon, and stars and wonder if that might be the sign that was references.
edit on 1-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This sounds more like a trap if anything else. Then there's this...

يا كنعان، يا عماليق، الله يسمع منكم
    ولد أول من الآب، الله يسمع منكم
    مع الله، إسماعيل هنا، والاستماع إسماعيل

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Only if by backpedaling you mean "saying again what I said before."

Every preacher/author I named makes assertions about what events fit the "end times" prophecies, they reach a lot of people, and shape the way the "end times" are viewed by millions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join