It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News " Rand Paul may have won 3 straw polls but Jeb Bush is the real winner"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Like Paul or not, the other republicans as well as democrats suck worse than Paul ever could, but Fox news has already started downplaying his popularity. I cant believe that was the CPAC narrative they were pushing, how was Bush the real winner ? So according to Fox, Bush was the winner, according to the people Paul was the winner. Im not a HUGE Paul fan but I think he is different than the others in a better way and at the same time, no one is perfect but the others are way bad. Paul says lots of stuff that I think myself and sometimes he is out of left field but maybe the left field is the right place to be from. I thought something he said about cigarette taxes was weird and stupid but he was actually right and had a good point, once I thought about it. Im sure people will be bashing him in this thread, its really not about him but about Fox news pushing Jeb Bush like they did that buffoon Romney. Just like I have said . Neither Mitt Romney or Jeb Bush will EVER be the president of this country so to Fox, STOP making people stupid and atleast try to tell the truth.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

LOL. I watched the results come in earlier from the CPAC straw poll and saw that Paul won. I then listened to Fox News try to diminish the significance of the vote and try to prop up that stiff, Jeb Bush, and laughed.

I don't know that Rand Paul is the right person to be the next POTUS, but I do know for a fact that the last thing this country needs is another member of the Bush clan at the helm.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I guess it just shows how the corporate owned media will push their agenda onto the American public. This is Fox's candidate for president so they'll slant anything to sway public opinion. Non-bias reporting is a thing of the past.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
In any democracy, lying to the public in an election should be a capitol offense.

It tears at the very fabric of democracy.

Voters must make an informed decision and they cannot do this with every bloody twit lying through their back teeth.

Put the all in jail for 20 years.

P

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
In any democracy, lying to the public in an election should be a capitol offense.

It tears at the very fabric of democracy.

Voters must make an informed decision and they cannot do this with every bloody twit lying through their back teeth.

Put the all in jail for 20 years.

P

Are you saying that Obama should be held to that standard?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

All politicians, Federal, State and local, should be held to that standard.

The First Amendment should be amended to hold the Media to the same standards.

I grant you that if you bought that law in, you would have no politicians left within a few days ............ and the US could return to its glory days.

So, yes!

P

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I have no bloodlust just freedomlust.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

United States democracy is a sham since they killed Kennedy

But boy

It really is becoming obvious

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I totally agree with your statement. I think all commercials and literature should be vetted by a consumer watchdog group for true factual information before its released to the public. We have no checks and balances when politicians can twist facts just to improve their image.

We can no longer rely on the media to call out these half truths or false statements by these candidates. The media is no longer exposing government corruption and lies by our government. It clearly ignored the justification for the U.S. to invade Iraq. After the war was found to be based purely on lies, our media and congressional representatives turned a blind eye to the criminality of the war.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
If they had run Jeb before GW they might have had a go but I think the people are tired of dynastic kings in the US and another Bush is going to be a tough sell. I would rather get behind former NM Governor Johnson personally.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It's also been reported that Jeb even bussed in supporters for the CPAC and he was the only one who did. On top of that if you watch the CPAC video's that are available, during Sean Hannity's speech he goes through the names of all the candidates asking the crowd who they like. He gets to Jeb Bush and I'd say at least half the crowd Boo's. He's the only one that was booed if I remember.

When you bus in support and you're still being booed by your own party it's not looking too good for ya. He's either going to have to steal the election or something because he doesn't have the support to win even just the primary election.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I watched Mark Levin's speech on YouTube where he spends a good half of it lambasting the Republican Party, and when he mentions Jeb, there are palpable boos from the audience. I find it hard to see how anyone in the media can mention Jeb as a winner at CPAC unless they are talking about winning by just having the guts to show up.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just curious. Most, if not all, of the negative opinion I see about why J. Bush should not be the nominee nor the next President is "Dynastic Kings" this and "Bush clan" that. Is that your main objection(s) or do you have an issue with his politics/pet issues?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

I have an issue with his politics, too.

He's the typical Country Club Republican who thinks that the problem isn't that we have too much government, but that the government we have isn't being run correctly. In short, he likes power just as much as the next Democrat Progressive.

So if you like Common Core, Obamacare, Illegal Amnesty and all the other big government policies we've been seeing lately, vote for Jeb. They might change in flavor, but they definitely won't go away.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I have an issue with his politics, too.

He's the typical Country Club Republican who thinks that the problem isn't that we have too much government, but that the government we have isn't being run correctly. In short, he likes power just as much as the next Democrat Progressive.

So if you like Common Core, Obamacare, Illegal Amnesty and all the other big government policies we've been seeing lately, vote for Jeb. They might change in flavor, but they definitely won't go away.

Thanks. I'm still weighing my options and I'm sure in the almost 2 years we have before the 2016 election we will see many changes but I find your answers always well thought-out and informative. Even if I don't always agree.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Well, I know he's on record supporting amnesty and Common Core. If he supports those two, then I'm betting he also thinks Obamacare is something we should "fix" not repeal and replace.

In my mind, that adds up to someone who doesn't think government itself is the problem or can be the problem and needs to be trimmed. And if you don't think that, then there won't be much in the way of program or budget cutting which means we won't get our fiscal house in order.

Even worse, I'm guessing he'd try to do it all while ramping defense spending back up. And while I am not exactly opposed to strengthening our defense, we can't do that without cutting elsewhere.

So, I'm just afraid that a dose of Jeb is not what the Dr. ordered.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The Republican establishment hates Rand Paul because he's his own person (most of the time) and doesn't cater to them. Since the Republican establishment hates Paul, FOX will naturally hate him too. Sad but true. I hope Rand Paul does very well with 'the people'. That's be a great black eye for the GOP and FOX.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yeah. Sure.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Paul has his faults.

But Id prefer him over all the other candidates.

The world could use a US president who will take a step back and let things heal after the last 15 years of US disaster of foreign a economic policy.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

But that's what Obama's doing! Remember? If we elect him, everyone will love us again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join