It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Men Commit Nearly Half of the Murders in the United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Wow I never knew this, I just happened to see it . On top of being responsible for nearly half of the murders in the US, black men only make up 12-13% of the population, could it get any worse ? *SNIP*
blogs.channel4.com...

Mod Edit: Snipped Snide Staff Jab
edit on 3/1/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Homicide is not interchangeable with murder.
If you want to quote the stat quote it correctly.
Cause it goes on to say

In 2013, the FBI has black criminals carrying out 38 per cent of murders, compared to 31.1 per cent for whites. The offender’s race was “unknown” in 29.1 per cent of cases.

What is your opinion on the matter?

edit on stSun, 01 Mar 2015 00:38:48 -0600America/Chicago320154880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on stSun, 01 Mar 2015 01:06:11 -0600America/Chicago320151180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
we need a separate study to see how much of that 13% are living in poverty. that might be a big factor.
The other factor is hip hop music. keep telling yourself that music has no influence on people (especially kids)

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Careful, stating facts will turn you into a bigot in no time flat. Just watch.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I don't think this will be up long either.
Not because it's a "taboo" subject, more that threads like this do nothing to progress a positive..

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Homicide is not interchangeable with murder.
If you want to quote the stat quote it correctly.
Cause it goes on to say

In 2013, the FBI has black criminals carrying out 38 per cent of murders, compared to 31.1 per cent for whites. The offender’s race was “unknown” in 29.1 per cent of cases.

The offender’s race was “unknown” in 29.1 per cent of cases

Statically all we need to do is look at the race of the victim in the 29.1% unknown and be 93% accurate as to the race of the killer is the victim was black, and 84% if the victim was white, but you are correct that it seems the OP only read the claim and not the actual Fact check...lol
edit on 1-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Correction: Those are conviction rates, what's not reported is the other races who make up the majority of the better off economic classes that can afford a better legal defense. The poor, which are disproportionally minorities cannot afford the same degree of legal representation. If you're poor your lawyer will get you a plea which sends you to jail (and gets you counted in these stats) where someone with more money can actually beat the charge.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

Except he/she didn't present a fact but a distorted statistic.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I thought it was a known fact that all black crimes are fake and staged by the pigs...you guys didn't get that memo?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ya that makes sense, and at that point the numbers would still be pretty close.
And as another poster pointed out, a study into the conviction rate is really what needs to be looked at.
edit on stSun, 01 Mar 2015 01:05:45 -0600America/Chicago320154580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
White people control 98% of the world's wealth thereby keeping everyone else in poverty.

The point of this thread is?????????

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Would you mind citing your sources for that wild accusation?

What do you consider white? Anybody that isn't black?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

Oh, I thought we were just MAKING up racially based statistics to make groups of people look bad.....

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I think that that is a altered figure.

How many of these so called 'black' men have Hispanic surnames and are illegal or are pretending to be so?

Look up what they call white in the top 100 criminals.

I would feel 200% safer releasing all the black 'criminals and deporting all the undocumented.

Without all the societal detritus being forced on us to take care of there would be more than enough jobs and or social safety nets for our own.

We should take care of our own first. Hard as it sounds send the unskilled immigrants home - excluding the outliers, elp our society.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Why don't you ask the op to site his claim?
Cause the article doesn't support it.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
IMO this sh# that we've all heard a million times doesn't belong on this forum. For redundancy sake

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Haha fair enough. Not that I am disagreeing with your statement, I wouldn't be surprised if 98% of the wealth was owned by "white" people.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Correction: Those are conviction rates, what's not reported is the other races who make up the majority of the better off economic classes that can afford a better legal defense. The poor, which are disproportionally minorities cannot afford the same degree of legal representation. If you're poor your lawyer will get you a plea which sends you to jail (and gets you counted in these stats) where someone with more money can actually beat the charge.

You are using a very wide brush here without actually thinking about the percentage of people who make the money to actually pay for "good legal defense" kill.

One interesting point made by the writers of SuperFreakonomics is that about 18 years after abortions became legal the rate of crime (especially homicide) has steady gone down ever since. The conclusion has been that abortions has weeded out many that would have ended up in a life of crime, blacks in general have a much higher abortion rate than whites.

According to 2010 census data, African Americans make up 12.6% of the U.S. population2 but the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that black women accounted for 35.4% of all abortions in 2009

So to suggest that 13% of the population commit more homicides than 70% of the population is not distortion. I would also bet that the majority of the 29% unknown cases were poor minority victims, so the vast majority of those can be tacked on to blacks too.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I have seen stats on things like this for years. Just a quick search comes up with this link -

FBI Stats

That Data Table shows that in 2010, 38% of murder offenders were black, and 32% were white. Without speculating the unknowns that make up 28%(one could say blacks make up that majority due to gang violence and killings that go unsolved, or that white people are just above the law by magic or something), black people year after year come in on top when it comes to murder offenses.

If you look at current percentages of race in the US, 72.4% are white. Only 12.6% are black.

Say WHAT?!

edit on 1-3-2015 by c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

It's still not a solid 52% not matter how many we can assume this and assume that.

And yes those stats are what I posted and what are in the article

It isn't pretty by any means but I would say the environment that 13% lives in is the bigger issue.

Gang violence is the biggest factor and gangs exist mainly in low income areas.
edit on stSun, 01 Mar 2015 01:30:43 -0600America/Chicago320154380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join