It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes From Prominent Officials Implying An Extraterrestrial Presence On Earth

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

I admit, that my view is a BROAD view of the ATS, NOT meant as an attack towards you personally,
BUT, this seems to be the trend. I apologize that my post, which i can now see as off topic, is irrelevant to this thread.
So, i will bow myself out towards stage left.
edit on 7-4-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LionOfGOD

No problem.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa
a reply to: Gianfar

it would come as no surprise that even those who call themselves abductees may be misinterpreting their experiences as physical.

So if Travis Walton's abduction was not physical, how come the five men he was with saw him get struck by an energy beam from a flying saucer?

Why did they see Walton's "psycho-spiritual" mental contact?

And if it was mental contact and not physical, then where was Walton's physical body for the days he claimed he was aboard an alien ship?

I'm not sure how Mr. Walton's story relates to the specific case study of Dr. Mack. One is a psychological study by a qualified psychiatrist, while the other is a multiple witness event involving what appears to be physical elements. Apples and oranges.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

No problem.

I couldn't help but notice your signature quote. Just wondering if you were aware of the extent to which people are manipulated by the human governments and corporations they empower. Quotes from government officials regarding alien cover-ups are more likely counter-intelligence efforts to further human manipulation in a sector of the population. Its a true fact that the so-called ufologists never discuss in depth.

edit on 19-4-2015 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gianfar

No problem.

I couldn't help but notice your signature quote. Just wondering if you were aware of the extent to which people are manipulated by the human governments they empower.

The extent of manipulation is astronomical.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

No problem.

I couldn't help but notice your signature quote. Just wondering if you were aware of the extent to which people are manipulated by the human governments they empower.

The extent of manipulation is astronomical.

I find the concept of manipulation pervasively manifold on any level of perception. Personally or socially, it would be most relevant to imagine truth from a simplistic basis in fact, than to ascertain it by placing faith on innumerable legends. It seems that all of the arguments are represented by amateurs, the false surrogates of reason.

edit on 19-4-2015 by Gianfar because: grammar, arraingement

edit on 19-4-2015 by Gianfar because: grammar, arraingement

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

The CIA estimates that over half of the UFOs reported from the '50s through the '60s were U-2 and SR-71 spy planes. At the time, the Air Force misled the public and the media to protect these Cold War programs..

I think the only thing that both sides of the UFO camp have actually agreed on over the years is that that claim is a crock of sh"t.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

it would come as no surprise that even those who call themselves abductees may be misinterpreting their experiences as physical.

So if Travis Walton's abduction was not physical, how come the five men he was with saw him get struck by an energy beam from a flying saucer?

And if it was mental contact and not physical, then where was Walton's physical body for the days he claimed he was aboard an alien ship?

I'm not sure how Mr. Walton's story relates to the specific case study of Dr. Mack. One is a psychological study by a qualified psychiatrist, while the other is a multiple witness event involving what appears to be physical elements. Apples and oranges.

I'm sorry, but you cannot so easily dismiss the clear connections on the most fundamental level between the alien abductees that John Mack worked with and alien abductee Travis Walton.

Namely, They encountered the same alien beings, and were brought aboard the same ships. That alone makes them completely related.

edit on 24-4-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

originally posted by: Sahabi

The CIA estimates that over half of the UFOs reported from the '50s through the '60s were U-2 and SR-71 spy planes. At the time, the Air Force misled the public and the media to protect these Cold War programs..

I think the only thing that both sides of the UFO camp have actually agreed on over the years is that that claim is a crock of sh"t.

Agree, absolutely. A steaming crock.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but you cannot so easily dismiss the clear connections on the most fundamental level between the alien abductees that John Mack worked with and alien abductee Travis Walton.

Namely, They encountered the same alien beings, and were brought aboard the same ships. That alone makes them completely related.

Dr Mack never said his subjects were victims of physical abduction and in fact he stated in his interviews that he wasn't ready to "believe" that the phenomenon was an ET contact. It seems that you are projecting a personal view into Dr Mack's research. The existence of extraterrestrials isn't a religion or a belief system, its something much larger.
edit on 24-4-2015 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Dr Mack never said his subjects were victims of physical abduction and in fact he stated in his interviews that he wasn't ready to "believe" that the phenomenon was an ET contact. It seems that you are projecting a personal view into Dr Mack's research. The existence of extraterrestrials isn't a religion or a belief system, its something much larger.

It seems you are unfamiliar with Mack's actual research, and haven't actually read his books. The interviews with abductees clearly describe the same aliens involved with the Travis Walton case. Mack never fully accepted what the abductees were telling him, but he did conclude the abductees were telling the truth.

Budd Hopkins understood that the abductions were indeed physical, and it was Hopkins who brought Mack into the research.
edit on 24-4-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
np
edit on 25-4-2015 by Gianfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

It seems you are unfamiliar with Mack's actual research, and haven't actually read his books. The interviews with abductees clearly describe the same aliens involved with the Travis Walton case. Mack never fully accepted what the abductees were telling him, but he did conclude the abductees were telling the truth.

Budd Hopkins understood that the abductions were indeed physical, and it was Hopkins who brought Mack into the research.

First, you are discussing the stories of alleged ET abductees and I am discussing Dr Mack interviews. Also, Dr Mack never stated that people were being abducted by anyone or that they were telling the truth, but were simply recalling memories that they interpreted as physical experiences.

As for Budd Hopkins, he was an artist with a BA in Art History. This man had nothing in the way of qualifications or training in any of the sciences that might be of value in the study of extraterrestrial life. He simply collected and published the stories of people claiming to have had contact with ETs.

The act of throwing Dr Mack in with an amateur like Hopkins says allot about how a person reconciles scientific correlation and usable data.

edit on 25-4-2015 by Gianfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

First, you are discussing the stories of alleged ET abductees and I am discussing Dr Mack interviews. Also, Dr Mack never stated that people were being abducted by anyone or that they were telling the truth, but were simply recalling memories that they interpreted as physical experiences.

As for Budd Hopkins, he was an artist with a BA in Art History. This man had nothing in the way of qualifications or training in any of the sciences that might be of value in the study of extraterrestrial life. He simply collected and published the stories of people claiming to have had contact with ETs.

The act of throwing Dr Mack in with an amateur like Hopkins says allot about how a person reconciles scientific correlation and usable data.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join