It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes From Prominent Officials Implying An Extraterrestrial Presence On Earth

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
a reply to: JimOberg

Clearly you did not read the post I referenced to.

Entirely possible -- and I can't even find MY post you're replying to. I've lost the thread of this conversation.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Nonsense. In fact it makes him completely irrational. How many tens of thousands of witnesses and alien abductees does Vallee have to completely ignore to cling to the outdated notion that there is no one inside these UFOs ?

How seriously can we take a UFO researcher who pretends there isn't any evidence that there are aliens?

Not very seriously at all.

A claim in terms of research and scientific research is just what it is, a claim.

Evidence is something else.

What evidence other than claims of people seeing and being abducted by ET?

Yes the ones making the claims could have been abducted however to claim their abduction was done so by Aliens/ETs there needs to be evidence pointing to that other wise its a simple claim and takes away from the serious offence if they actually have been abducted and minimizes the research effort when it has to be ET doing the abductions.

In the video above, Vallee compares the UFO phenomenon to the weather and hotel air conditioning, while urging us to not discuss ETs.

Yes because UFO and ET are abbreviations for two different things,

Then Jacques Vallee asks the really important question : Can we use insects to predict UFO appearances?

I kid you not, watch the video. Vallee is an obstruction to understanding alien contact.

And drak, my only agenda is raising awareness of UFOs and alien contact. Unlike Vallee, whose agenda appears to be preventing us from discussing alien contact.

No sir or madam, if you think he is trying prevent you from talking about your beliefs then I really do smell a nasty agenda from your end.

Maybe you have tinkling that intelligence will tend to understand and agree with what Vallee is doing and his approach and it goes against something some believers are invested in.

Shame on them, talking about awareness and raising it by attempting to creating new religious beliefs whether knowingly or ignorantly.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Like your "pulsating" veins that I don't see.

You are either a part of campaign conspiring to make me believe my eye sight is still rather good or you see or as in this case don't see the same things as I don't see.

So what makes it an alien? What makes it authentic footage?

I think its obvious, it has pulsating veins but is using a cloaking device so as to not be seen, who has cloaking devices, Aliens!

Hence it must be ET.

Maybe PlanetX has special glasses like in the movie 'they live' and the cloaking devices don't work on them.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

No sir or madam, if you think he is trying prevent you from talking about your beliefs then I really do smell a nasty agenda from your end.

Perhaps you should watch the video again. Jacque Vallee clearly directs us to AVOID DISCUSSING THE ET HYPOTHESIS. In fact, he has it written in letters two feet tall projected on the wall.

See for yourself, I'm not imagining it.

The nasty agenda you smell? Not from my end. You smelt it, he dealt it.
edit on 20-3-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

Perhaps you should watch the video again. Jacque Vallee clearly directs us to AVOID DISCUSSING THE ET HYPOTHESIS. In fact, he has it written in letters two feet tall projected on the wall.

Do you think Vallee has some kind of agenda to divert attention away from the extra-terrestrial hypothesis (ETH)? Do you know if he has any governmental associations? Didn't his views radically change away from the ETH at one point? I wonder what else happened in his life at that time period?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Would you like to partake in an adult discussion, or are you going to continue just to mock people and views?

Do you think your high-schoolish posturing says more about us or you?

We have a thread that outlines what high-level officials have said about the ongoing ET interaction with earth.

For example, a FOIA obtained note penned by Herbert Hoover, FBI director at the time, referring to disks recovered from the Battle of Los Angeles and Roswell. Have any opinion that doesn't involve scorn or sarcasm?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

Do you think Vallee has some kind of agenda to divert attention away from the extra-terrestrial hypothesis (ETH)? Do you know if he has any governmental associations? Didn't his views radically change away from the ETH at one point? I wonder what else happened in his life at that time period?

Vallee was approached by several waves of government officials who played mind games with him. Through exhaustive detective work, he has discovered that many UFO reports can be traced back to mind control experiments done by secret intelligence agencies. Discussing the ETH distracts from the actual phenomena people are experiencing and plays into the manipulations of the intelligence agencies.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Like most of us who got interested in UFOs in the 60s, Vallee was at first influenced by the ETH, but after seeing the connections between "UFO occupants" and ancient reports of fairies, djinn, and the like (Gordon Creighton had already hinted at this idea, and he knew more about humanoid reports than most, especially from S. America), he arrived at some kind of interdimensional concept. Around the same time John Keel was talking about the ultraterrestrials and pointing out their connections with paranromal phenomena. The most convincing advocate of the ETH then was Aime Michel, who had a sophisticated conception of the "magical" appearance of advanced technology. Since then, sadly, the level of thought has declined to the simplistic "evil aliens trying to breed with humans" kind of thing. One thing I have realised is that many cases do have a mind control agenda, including the Hills, and that much of the disinformation that comes out from official circles is very pro-ETH. It mystifies me how so many can claim that the disinformation goes the other way.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

Vallee was approached by several waves of government officials who played mind games with him. Through exhaustive detective work, he has discovered that many UFO reports can be traced back to mind control experiments done by secret intelligence agencies. Discussing the ETH distracts from the actual phenomena people are experiencing and plays into the manipulations of the intelligence agencies.

Do you have a link for this?
This may account for a small percentage of reports but it really sounds like further perpetuation of ignorance toward the ETH. To me, that last sentence is backwards. It should read.....Discussing mind control experiments as the origin of UFO phenomena played by the hands of intelligence agencies distracts from the actuality of the ETH.

I suppose if I really wanted the reality hidden, I would use that excuse as well. Whatever it takes to make an effective coverup. Speaking of Vallee, here's a video from 1979 where he explains that there were UFO flaps happening all over the world. One which happened before the U.S. flap in 1947. I guess foreign intelligence agencies were up to the same tricks using mind control in virtually EVERY OTHER CONTINENT ON EARTH just like the U.S. right? I seriously doubt it.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

Do you have a link for this?

Yes:

www.slideshare.net...

You will need to read the entire book to understand.

This may account for a small percentage of reports but it really sounds like further perpetuation of ignorance toward the ETH. To me, that last sentence is backwards. It should read.....Discussing mind control experiments as the origin of UFO phenomena played by the hands of intelligence agencies distracts from the actuality of the ETH.

Given the vast amount of field research Valle has done, this is an incredibly arrogant statement on your part.

I suppose if I really wanted the reality hidden, I would use that excuse as well. Whatever it takes to make an effective coverup. Speaking of Vallee, here's a video from 1979 where he explains that there were UFO flaps happening all over the world. One which happened before the U.S. flap in 1947. I guess foreign intelligence agencies were up to the same tricks using mind control in virtually EVERY OTHER CONTINENT ON EARTH just like the U.S. right? I seriously doubt it.

Correct; in the book he shows evidence that German, French, Russian and Brazilian intelligence agencies performed similar experiments. But by all means, continue to believe the Official Story: that UFOs come from outer space and are being covered up by every government on Earth in a vast, impenetrable conspiracy.
edit on 21-3-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

He's not a big fan of the ETH. Despite popular belief, he hasn't ruled it out and speculates that, whatever it might be, has a technological component. The origins of the purported technology are where his ideas drift away from the ETH explanation.

Hynek came to a similar fork in the road and took 'the one less travelled' Long before he died, he was pondering about 'metaterrestrials.' The 'meta' usually means 'above or beyond' so he was contemplating the idea of something sourced within Earth's sphere and beyond our awareness of material reality.

Vallee and Hynek came to doubt the classical ETH because it couldn't account for the 'high strangeness' testimonies of so many people they spoke to. In that context, it wasn't so much an 'agenda' as a natural progression of thoughts based on their own experiences and interviews with so many witnesses.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Exactly! I believe it was Werner Heisenberg who said: "Not only is the Universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine." Both of these researchers were men of science who were forced to confront this. The Extraterrestrial Hypothesis is not only dated, it is not sufficiently imaginative. It posits a simple answer that blinds researchers to other possibilities. It needs to be shelved until such time as there is actual evidence that it alone can account for.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

We can hold a torch for a sophisticated ETH based on Clarke's Third Law. Aside from that, the ETH is far too simplistic and, like you say, lacking imagination.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Yes:

www.slideshare.net...

You will need to read the entire book to understand.

Correct; in the book he shows evidence that German, French, Russian and Brazilian intelligence agencies performed similar experiments. But by all means, continue to believe the Official Story: that UFOs come from outer space and are being covered up by every government on Earth in a vast, impenetrable conspiracy.
\

I sure will continue to believe it.

Especially since the flaps were said to have occurred in other regions besides the ones you named. There were flaps in Australia and Africa as well. Looks like he forgot to account for those continents. It's true that some of the most accredited ufologists work for and with the gov. in effort to downplay this phenomenon. Makes perfect sense to hide the reality by resorting to more conceivable origins. The truth would create an unfathomable backlash on society and to be honest I don't blame them, but the problem is it inevitably gets us nowhere and doesn't help humanity's case if ETs really are the ones piloting these crafts. That's turning a blind eye towards something that needs serious attention. Now I'm not saying that mind control doesn't account for some of these origins but it does seem like a convenient way brush the ETH under the rug by putting out a book stating mind control as the origin.

Now I have accounted for some of these sightings encompassing a small amount of mind control cases but are you implying that none of these are extraterrestrial in origin?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Vallee and Hynek came to doubt the classical ETH because it couldn't account for the 'high strangeness' testimonies of so many people they spoke to. In that context, it wasn't so much an 'agenda' as a natural progression of thoughts based on their own experiences and interviews with so many witnesses.

I have no problem with the "metaterristrial" or even "ultraterrestrial" theories.
Would it be illogical to think that some of this "high strangeness" could be attributed to ETs as well? I mean, in essence we would still be dealing with beings who function beyond the scope of human comprehension by virtue of being more technologically advanced which in turn could produce a wide variety of effects.
edit on CDTSat, 21 Mar 2015 16:03:50 -0500uAmerica/ChicagoMarAmerica/Chicago505003pm by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The evidence suggests they are physical nuts-and-bolts craft. But the evidence also suggests they are 'interdimensional beings' (in traditional terms, spirits).

I believe that both sides of this body of evidence are correct. It is believed by some that human beings are in reality spiritual beings, spirits, attached to biological bodies. If this is correct it is likely to be true of the ufonauts as well; they are spirits who have physical bodies. This is why the thing seems to exist on two layers of reality, the physical and the spiritual.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I honestly think that the anger manifested by agitated debunkers (not all-just the ones that you can imagine throwing their computer and screaming at their cats because someone ELSE is willing to have an open mind) is the result of FEAR.

It is a psychological response to a deep deep fear that there REALLY might be something out there that doesn't fit into THEIR neat little box of "reality" that they force upon others-and they can't handle the idea that someone has a different idea.

These are the ones that will have to be watched when/if worldwide extra terrestrial contact (just like the movie Contact-when the guy blew up the first device) happens.

I think the best way to describe the almost militant "debunkers" is as the boy that threatens to beat up another boy for exposing a lie to the first boy's parents.

IMO

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

I honestly think that the anger manifested by agitated debunkers (not all-just the ones that you can imagine throwing their computer and screaming at their cats because someone ELSE is willing to have an open mind) is the result of FEAR.

It is a psychological response to a deep deep fear that there REALLY might be something out there that doesn't fit into THEIR neat little box of "reality" that they force upon others-and they can't handle the idea that someone has a different idea.

These are the ones that will have to be watched when/if worldwide extra terrestrial contact (just like the movie Contact-when the guy blew up the first device) happens.

I think the best way to describe the almost militant "debunkers" is as the boy that threatens to beat up another boy for exposing a lie to the first boy's parents.

IMO

Nah. I think the fear is of ultimately being alone and being responsible for our own fate. The other fear is mental health because hallucinations are thought of as a symptom of mental illness so it easier to attribute experiences to be of real things. I'm betting the reality of "ET" is probably much more frightening then little guys with big heads from another planet.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Especially since the flaps were said to have occurred in other regions besides the ones you named. There were flaps in Australia and Africa as well. Looks like he forgot to account for those continents.

You mean he never traveled to those continents to investigate.

Now I have accounted for some of these sightings encompassing a small amount of mind control cases but are you implying that none of these are extraterrestrial in origin?

No, there is just no evidence that any of them are. Are you saying that they are all extraterrestrial in origin? Why?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: Gianfar

If you do the homework on UFO statistics, you'll find that millions of people the world over witness unconventional craft on a regular basis. To say that thousands of sighting all over the world are all attributed to U-2 and SR-71 spy planes or other such projects in these times really doesn't address the accrued data.

If you do your homework, you will find that 99% of UFO statistics are completely made up.

When people resort to largely semantical arguments, it demonstrates their lack of understanding based on the scientific data. Show me a body of data that is 99% untrue, and tell me why.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join