It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Black lawmakers oppose war because they want the money for food stamps

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Is it any wonder why the charges of racism continue to hound Ron Paul? He really isn't helping himself.

In an interview earlier this month with Lew Rockwell — flagged today by BuzzFeed’s Andrew Kaczynski and Megan Apper — Paul asserted that members of the Congressional Black Caucus oppose military intervention abroad because they’d rather spend funds on food stamps than war.

“I was always annoyed with it in Congress because we had an anti-war unofficial group, a few libertarian Republicans and generally the Black Caucus and others did not — they are really against war because they want all of that money to go to food stamps for people here,” Paul told Rockwell.

www.salon.com...

Of course many of his cult followers will come on here defending him blindly as they did with the newsletters. I mean hey? Maybe what he said was fact right!? Not racist? I mean if you're black and in the black caucus this is all you're interested in because well... well yes. Well nothing. Did anybody in the black caucus say at the time they opposed the Iraq war just for food stamps? Or did Ron Paul just generalize? I'd bet the latter is the case. But hey I don't care either way, I would've rather money went to much needed americans (black or white etc) than to the Iraq war ($1 trillion down the goober for nothing, 3000 plus american lives lost forever) but apparently this is just 'annoying'.

There will be some that will argue "Ron Paul's a has been" but lets not forget his son is running. Sure Ron Paul lost 3 presidential elections, never won a single state by popular vote (not even the districts he represented) but he has his son who looks to be doing good following the CPAC strawpoll, what he said shouldn't be ignored. He said what he said because he thinks all blacks are the same, that's it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

holy # talk about reading into things and blowing them out of proportion...

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
So basically, why spend money on starving people (no matter the color) when you can spend money on bombs. Sounds about right! You know, by the constitutions and stuff...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Imagine that. Words being read....

a reply to: SpongeBeard

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Ron Paul should read this article by the Huffington Post; it says that Whites get the most food stamps:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

What was blown out of proportion about what he said? Surely if this was the case you could lay it out for us here? hmm.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It wouldn't just be black fellas, there is plenty of white fella's out there too that would agree with the black lawmakers that eating is way better than killing.

Maybe Ronny boy is just calling it as he see's it - the black fellas in Washington have had a gut-full of the rich white mans club snipping-up the planet.

edit on 28-2-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
he may not be far off.
with all the illegals invading our country we will need money from somewhere.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Thats because whites outnumber blacks overwhelmingly. Now, look at those numbers per capita and tell me what they say.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
And all the legals in this country doing a whole bunch of nothing about ANY problem we face?

Since we're on the discussion about ideas and all...

a reply to: autopat51

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

i was being sarcastic..sorry if it didnt show.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was being defensive, apparently it showed, sorry

a reply to: autopat51

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Wow...
Ya this is some choice words for sure.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If it was anyone else, there would be screams of racism in every post here.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

And there would be more people screaming it wasn't.

Seems to me like it is, could of easily just said people in general, no reason to bring race into it

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It is human nature to categorize and generalize information, most often unconsciously. 'Racism' is a survival mechanism, which currently has little use in modern society. However, this is the first time in human history that overpopulation, and strain on resources is a potential catastrophe. Humans are animals, and like most animals, without proper controls the population becomes volatile. A threshold will eventually be reached when it comes to an increasing population that has no natural predators, and is offset by technological advancement.

Now to get extremely technical, racism is a social construct, there is no such thing as being racist towards other people. There is only one human race, a different race of people implies that the two separate races cannot interbreed. We have what could be more properly identified as different breeds of people, each breed of people has had hundreds of thousands of years to adapt to specific environments; improving the chances of the human race to survive. Survival is dependent on a balance between the race of humans, with the rest of the environment. Feeding people because they are hungry, is a not applicable in modern society, it is a survival mechanism because the rest of human history has seen relatively scarce numbers of people. The 'racist' mechanism, was from thousands of years of each clan, or kingdom to ensure their survival and prevent destruction from outsiders.

One day humans will split between races, either from millions of years of geographic and/or class isolation, or from mixing different breeds until a new species arises. Until then, deal with the primitives with racist sentiment, they are hungry you know.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Interesting fact about all this. Ron Paul made these remarks to Lew Rockwell radio earlier this month:
www.rawstory.com...

For those of you unfamiliar, Lew Rockwell, he's a self described libertarian, an author and editor, who started the Lew Rockwell letters and Lew Rockwell.com as well as the radio show. The racially charged Ron Paul letters were in part produced by Lew Rockwell and co (I suspect most of them):
reason.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I'm no apologist but is it possible he said that because they are generally a more liberal caucus rather than because they are black?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I'm no apologist but is it possible he said that because they are generally a more liberal caucus rather than because they are black?

Then I would have to question why did he have to specifically target black lawmakers and the black caucus? No I don't think this is possible. He would've said "liberal lawmakers oppose war because they want the money for food stamps" but he was evidently concerned with a specific racial group. I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

originally posted by: Cuervo

Then I would have to question why did he have to specifically target black lawmakers and the black caucus? No I don't think this is possible. He would've said "liberal lawmakers oppose war because they want the money for food stamps" but he was evidently concerned with a specific racial group. I wonder why?

Oh crap, I misread that. That's a shame. He's got some good stuff to say, why's he gotta crap all over his platform?

ps edit - I thought he was specifically talking about Republicans that are anti-war and how the Black Caucus were some of the few because they were liberal. I placed my own context in there as I read it the first time, I guess.
edit on 28-2-2015 by Cuervo because: clarity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join