It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two years away from being able to put your head on a new body?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What?! Ew! Creepy!! Scientist says he wants to put people's head's in new bodies! He claims to have a new technique that will allow for this to become a reality by cooling a body to avoid cell death so that the head, spine, and major blood vessels could be cut and transplanted.

Surgeon Sergio Canavero, director of the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group in Italy, thinks he’s developed a new technique for head transplants that will avoid some of the problems caused by earlier attempts at such surgeries involving dogs and monkeys.

“In a paper published in Surgical Neurology International, he has outlined his technique: first, both the transplant head and the donor body would need to be cooled in order to slow cell death,” CNET explains. “Then, the neck of both would be cut and the major blood vessels linked with tubes. Finally, the spinal cords would be severed, with as clean a cut as possible.”

As I consider this as a possiblity I guess I can see this as a possibility for quadriplegics or others whom would need a working body. However, who's gonna give up their body for someone else? Dead people or maybe someone at or near a point of death...? Maybe but that opens a whole other set of issues. What says ATS?

www.yahoo.com...
edit on 28-2-2015 by lostbook because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Cybernetic bodies will be my choice.

A million times stronger and fully upgradable.
edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I remember reading about people who had hands from other people, and the psycological problems they had, if I remeber right some even demanded the hand be removed! So, how would it feel to have a whole body? Thats some serious sh!t they gotta deal with!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamfox1
Cybernetic bodies will be my choice.

A million times stronger and fully upgradable.

Yeah, I thought Exoskeletons were gonna be used for people with mobility issues. This has strange written all over it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It's not strange if you want to clone a body and have a shell be the doner. Then insert your 100 year old aging brain into a new mechanized meat suit, Inject some embryonic stemcells and you've just extended life expectancy by a couple hundred years.

I think that's what they want right? Oh and also if they die they can just *Resurect them* as long as ( There is less cell Death)

Doesn't Elysium come to mind?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
It's not strange if you want to clone a body and have a shell be the doner. Then insert your 100 year old aging brain into a new mechanized meat suit, Inject some embryonic stemcells and you've just extended life expectancy by a couple hundred years.

I think that's what they want right? Oh and also if they die they can just *Resurect them* as long as ( There is less cell Death)

Doesn't Elysium come to mind?

Maybe but then aren't you abusing life if you are creating a cloned life-form to be your new body....? This tech could be tied up in lawsuits so long from pro-life groups and other similar groups that it never really takes off. My 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well that should start a whole new black market in bodies. Will we see a huge rise in the disappearances of young able bodied people?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Grow new bodies from stem cells. If I were to have my brain transferred, I'd want it to be into my own rejuvenated meatsuit, and not someone else's body.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

That's crazy.
So this dude can cut spinal cords and put them back together. I thought that would be some sort of medical achievement with a medal and stuff. Or has this been happening for awhile ?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

I wonder if this only works using human body, or could I have my head put on a pig or giraffe body? Could male human head be attached to female human body? Fascinating but kinda creepy!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Reminds me of Brain operating Krang in Ninja Turtles.

Phantom limb or phantom pain may be a consequence of creating a Frankenstein.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm already on top of this.
In the process of cloning myself now.
The new body will be ready for the transplant when its about 18 years old and done growing to adult size.

Should be ready to attach my "self" to it in 17.5 years!

The first thing I'm going to do is go surfing!

Then maybe some marathon sex.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It has already been done on a monkey , I couldn't bear to watch it to see the progress or outcome. There are tons of monkey head transplant documentaries on youtube. If anyone wants to watch them and tell me if it is working out Id love to know but Im not watching that.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This was posted already,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry for being that guy.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Then maybe some marathon sex.

I am sure you would have to chase them for miles.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I do believe that the X-Files 2 movie addressed the morality of this.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
IS will need to find a new method of execution.

I don't see what is evil or creepy about this. If someone is paralysed and another brain dead, then whats wrong with creating a functional human from the two bodies? One life is better than none surely? Then again most advancements are met with the same "its immoral and evil" arguments, but then become mainstream and unquestioned later with people taking them for granted.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ihsaan
Reminds me of Brain operating Krang in Ninja Turtles.

Phantom limb or phantom pain may be a consequence of creating a Frankenstein.

Frankenstein was the doctor, his creation did not have a name.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Firefly_
IS will need to find a new method of execution.

I don't see what is evil or creepy about this. If someone is paralysed and another brain dead, then whats wrong with creating a functional human from the two bodies? One life is better than none surely? Then again most advancements are met with the same "its immoral and evil" arguments, but then become mainstream and unquestioned later with people taking them for granted.

Yes, liver transplants, hearts, kidneys, lungs, corneas, why stop there?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Ray Milland just hopes they pick some "body" other than Rosey Grier's:

edit on 3/1/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join