It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Plans to Develop a “Country Within a Country”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Agreed Marg, but I think we can substitute Obama with politicians in general.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: iDope

Illegal aliens have killed more Americans than ISIS.

Oh...Oh...Can I play? umm...Lightening Strikes in the US kill more Americans than ISIS. ...Hmmm...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Yes, all politician lie, is just that I have been a voter since 1978 and I have seen my fear share of lying dirty bastards in politics, they lie and rape the country while people that subscribe to political ideologies just seat there and watch it getting worst.

The irony, well I better take a big breath of air and calm down, no need for my blood pressure to get any higher.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Sadly statistics show that perhaps the better years after Reagan did improve America I mean most Americans including immigrant that because citizens, but in todays economic the dream is not just there, all if left after the 90s now is nothing but a the higher welfare state, failures and poverty.

13 million illegals becoming legal means more than half to join the welfare system including their extended families.

I guess today the American dream means been part of the welfare state.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I guess the only difference between Reagan's amnesty and Obama's amnesty is Reagan signed a law, passed by both houses of congress, and Obama signed an Executive Order. And of course the most obvious being the amount of those affected. I would hope a working compromise will eventually be reached, and we can move on from this situation.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

If "moving ahead productively" doesn't become everyone's watch words darn quick, I'm not sure any of us are going to want to live here.

You know how I love a good ideological scrap, but this is getting ridiculous.

We're becoming stagnant.

Best,

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I was merely offering a bit of a different perspective on Reagan's amnesty.

Best,

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Alaska has a lot of unused space. Send them up there.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody
a reply to: beezzer

Americans have killed more Americans than everyone combined. Your argument proves nothing, and ignores this fact for some reason.

Right

GO ask the Native Americans & African Slaves to Indentured Servants in the 18th to the 19th Century
Other Then the The Civil War... to the Human Rights Struggle in the 1960s Let alone Scandalizes Law Enforcement Killings and Criminals

A reply to: iDope Illegal aliens have killed more Americans than ISIS.

?? you Mean Mexicans

Texas Nevada, Arizona , New Mexico, California were Once Owned by them Spanish Speaking South Mixed Raced Indians !
that some call Mexicans ...

edit on 12015MondayfAmerica/Chicago360 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

a reply to: DJMSN

I really don't think he (Obama) likes America.

He neither loves, nor likes America. Scary....

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

a reply to: DJMSN

I really don't think he (Obama) likes America.

He neither loves, nor likes America. Scary....

As evidenced by his taking an economy in free-fall toward the 2nd great depression and creating over 11 Million new jobs and cutting the unemployment rate in half? Rescuing the Auto Industry? Initiating and directing the successful hunt for Osama bin Laden?

What was it that gave away his dislike for America?

Letting Children remain on their parents insurance until the age of 26? repealing Don't Ask Don't Tell? Or creating a travel expense fund to pay for families of fallen soldiers returning to Dover? The Credit Card Bill of Rights...Preventing CC Companies from arbitrarily increasing CC rates on consumers? Or was it allowing people with Pre-existing medical conditions to get insurance?

Or maybe it was appointing the first Latino Justice to the Supreme Court?

Pres. Obama's approval rating right now is the same as Pres. Reagan's in his 3rd year after reelection...45%, and Pres. GWB was at 34 at this point.

The GOP Owned Congress is hovering around 18% Approval right now.

You guys crack me up...I am no Obama Cheerleader, but you guys live in Right-Wing Fantasy Land

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

That's what has changed since Reagan; we are now a full-blown welfare state.

Generation after generation in public housing from the cradle to the grave. No need to buy a home when you can inherit the very same housing project where you grew up!

Tens of millions living on food stamps and child subsidies. McDonalds isn't such a bad place to work...as long as taxpayers foot your grocery bill and you pump out a few conveniently-timed kids. Just don't get married - that could make it feasible for you to provide for your family on your own.

Record-breaking disability benefit enrollment. Lost an arm and a leg in a wheat thresher? Well, of course you are eligible for disability payments. Chronic back pain? Sure, you're covered too. Cranky in the mornings? Sign on up, they might approve you! Emotionally scarred from that time you almost choked on a peanut? What the hell, free money for everyone!

Brilliant economist Milton Friedman said it back in Reagan's day: You cannot have both open borders AND a welfare state. An attempt to combine the two will inevitably collapse as wave after wave of immigrants flood in and overload welfare programs. They will be lured not by freedom and opportunity for accomplishment, but by 'free stuff.'

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

If "moving ahead productively" doesn't become everyone's watch words darn quick, I'm not sure any of us are going to want to live here.

You know how I love a good ideological scrap, but this is getting ridiculous.

We're becoming stagnant.

We are not going to see a bi-partisan agreement from this congress any time soon. Most especially on immigration. Congress surely doesn't understand "moving ahead productively", and too many citizens could care less. The only reason Reagan got a bill to sign is he didn't have to deal with all the division we have in Congress today. It's always there, just not as bad as today.

If Obama had not decided to do it on his own, we may have gotten somewhere. Not sure, but maybe something could have been hammered out. I agree with you on this. Should have gone further into explaining. Obama pushed the wrong button, and now we face not getting this problem solved because feelings are hurt, and IMHO, Republicans feel they must try to show the spine many feel they don't have. Crazy huh?

"We're becoming stagnant" = Congress already is and most American's believe their crap! I fear we may be too far over the cliff to pull ourselves back up.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

edit on 3-3-2015 by Astroved because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

So, the original article has been reformatted and the same claims have been made. Bully.

Happens 200 times a day in the right-wing blog-sphere.

Is there any explanation of why Susan was included on these calls?

Is there any corroborating evidence of Susan's claims?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

What was it that gave away his dislike for America?

All those programs and policies with his name attached to them, Obamcare...etc.

I thought by now he would have tried to silence his critics by proclaiming
his deep love for The United States of America.

Still waiting...

edit on 3-3-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Interpretation of "Refugee Status" is the key.

Who has the authority to interpret?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You may be surprised to learn that on this issue, I don't disagree with the charges of overreach.

However, instead of the Congress setting aside their very important duties of doing something about the situation, they should take the President to court, and get on with the People's business.

I'm not holding my breath on that one, either.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Is there any explanation of why Susan was included on these calls?

Is there any corroborating evidence of Susan's claims?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join