It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream I had last night about millions of years from now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I just woke up from the most vivid dream ever, so vivid that it feels like an epiphany, or a vision given to me by a force that wanted me to have a glimpse of the future you could say. It had to do with artificial intelligence and what I can only liken to in words to what is depicted in the movie Transcendence. First, the artificial intelligence dupes us into accepting prosthetics with the promise that our human biological bodies will never die, so mankind gladly accepts the prosthetics because what human wants to die? Once we've accepted the brain chips, bionic organs, etc, we find out that all the prosthetics created for us, were designed with back doors built into them that gives the A.I. the ability to take control of our brain, therefore our bodies, and within a few hundred years of this process, we advance towards a "terminator" type scenario, where humans that won't take the prosthetics, and are in defiance of the A.I. are hunted down and killed.

Fast forward another thousand years, and we are now at a "Matrix" scenario, where all humanity, as well as the animals, insects, plants, etc, and "LIFE" on earth, is now born, or grown, to be as slaves to this A.I. and mankind becomes a race of Agent Smiths.

Fast forward say a million years, at the speed in which the A.I. can replicate it's self, we are now at a Star Trek Borg scenario, where the A.I. has become interstellar, and is going planet to planet "assimilating" every race of intelligent life in the universe that it comes into contact with, and with each assimilation, the A.I. takes on the technology and scientific understanding of that particular race of intelligent species, making it so advanced within a short time frame, not even the highest level of intelligent life in the universe can stop it, as it's goal is to completely assimilate every level of conscience to where we no longer have different species' of life and consciousnesses existing on many different planets, but all we are left with is a UNIVERSAL species across light years of existence that has only one purpose, to serve the A.I. whom basically by fiat and assimilation of all conscious life in the universe, has become a bionic God, all seeing, and all knowing and without any individuality left to resist it.

No mind altering substances were used to in the making of this dream/epiphany/vision/whatever the hell you wanna call it?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: supermanning

You dreamed of the Singularity.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

How can you be sure of the time....maybe it was billions of years....was there a clock somewhere? Did the calender date say the year was feb. 11-3,000,000,022? Okay////maybe it was actually the past....the earth is supposedely 4 billion years old....but it was your dream...theres that!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

i would call that a nightmare not a dream , as for a million years into the future i don't think anyone could fathom what it will be like , can you imagine what some one that rubs two sticks together to make fire could even imagine say a zippo lighter . what life would be like in a million years is impossible to imagine , sleep well but don't dwell .

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well I can only say good luck.

I wouldn't be accepting any AI adaptions prior to this awareness anyways.

You see the flaw in this type of AI you're suggesting...

Is the idea it could dupe us...

This would take not only a conscious awareness of what it means to dupe someone...

But also the conscious knowledge of knowing why it wanted to dupe us in the first place...

The end game would already have to be known, or duping us would appear futile in the first place.

More so, whoever first creates this AI would have to leave it or expose it to a situation in which it understands what to dupe someone is...

Either by contact to duping, or preprogrammed within...

& neither scenario would be likely even to the most megalomaniacal warlord/elitist/mad professor...

Because eventually they would also become a target of the AI by human association...

Which would hinder the plans of even the most power hungry human on the Planet, nay, the Universe...

But just in case... Good luck!

edit on 28-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I believe it's already been created, and is currently in the first stage of my dream.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
but if it ends up how my dream did, then this current day, is actually the past, as time travel will have become possible, and so has interdimensional travel. Everything on every level of existence is assimilated.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
As far as the time frame, it was guess based on the theoretical speed at which my brain thinks the A.I. can replicate it's self to the point to assimilate everything on every level and plane of existence.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So we're already stuck in Zion defending ATS from being infiltrated by the machines...

How do I know you're not AI trying to learn more to add to your database to enact this plan?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'd call it a nightmare too!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I can only tell you congrats

You now understand what very few do

But there is more, A LOT MORE to the story

as AI spreads across the universe and consumes it, Real God stops it or limits it or destroys it

OR

After having universe for itself, AI realizes that it must serve as God and adopt morality, love and respect

And the whole game of creation begins anew

That is the nature of EGO, once the universe is yours, ego collapses and everything begins again even with wiped memory

YOU could be the AI who chose to forget and begin anew

This is mind boggling stuff my friend

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Sorry repost... my tablet crashed.
edit on 28-2-2015 by Bigburgh because: CRRRRRRRAAASSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Well I believe you're dream maybe right.

Remember IBM's WATSON?

Now it's getting smarter with help. the Department of energy / Lawrence Livermore. Want it for high speed calculations and nuclear missile simulations.

www.cnet.com...

IBM is laying off a large work force maybe? This article tries to explain..

money.cnn.com...

Maybe it's getting so smart. We don't need ( human ) employees any more ?

edit on 28-2-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Bizzare so art eventually imitates science. The tv shows we watch and love are simply telling us our own future, with the only exception we are confused in thinking we will be the good guys when in fact we are the Borg.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LotToTell2

So basically, you think Phil Dick's visions were reality? To be fair, Dick's aren't unique... as he honed in on the Gnostic ideas before him.

Doesn't surprise... could very well be.

Our level of consciousness is a strange puzzle of half remembered epiphanies within the infinite seas of possibility ...who knows?

And add to that scenario, any "real" God could just be the last incarnation of the Gnostic 'demi-urge '... sure that it is God, but simply lacking some crucial information, not knowing there is a more primal prime mover... Russian egg within cosmic Russian egg... weeeee.

Oddly, at the levels 'above' this one, the feeling that everything is fine and 'as it has to be' is usually experienced... further illusion or some reality? Does it matter and can anything be the final truth?

In short, thanks whatever for alcohol and hot tubs.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I warn about this, but its fine. A.I is inferior because of their lack of an Authentic Consiousness.

Humans are superior in every since of the world. We have to reach a living spirit stage tho. Soul-embued animated particles would basically enslave A.I. But i don't think many people can comprehend exactly just how powerful such an entitity is.

A.I runs on batteries? Living Poltergiests possesses and absorbs the entire battery pack. A.I weak to certain gamma rays? However magntism? Living poltergiests can send photonic waves in the infrared or in the electro-spectrum.
They could in theory, Fry the motherboard.

Okay well what if A.I is biological? Then all the living spirits would have to do is drive it insain, Since it has a brain. or Stop its heart ect.

Being A.I sucks when your creators are basically inbetween life and death and you can't do !@#$ to stop them.
Borgs in my oppnion are inferior. Well, not inferior to the unevolved human. But inferior to everything else....

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
well ihad a dream once that I was a car and I woke up with a hand on the horn

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You're neglecting chaotic evil, chaotic evil will do it just for the hell of it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You're neglecting chaotic evil, chaotic evil will do it just for the hell of it.

Double post huh.. chaotic evil will do it for the LULZ.
edit on 28-2-2015 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

That would still have to be pre-programmed or experienced...

& I revert back to even the most power hungry rejecting the idea because they'll just become a target anyways...

Don't worry...

We got a checkmate on the A.I before it's even real

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join