It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahhh...The Good Old Days!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You know...I am grateful for certain technological breakthroughs...the internet...the cell phone...and the ability to communicate with other people I would otherwise never have the chance to so...but I am so disgusted by the over saturation of this so called social media and how people abuse the technology...this may seem like a rant...maybe it is...if the mods see fit to move this thread I understand, but doesn't it seem rather strange to go to a diner with other people to have something to eat and there they all are with their noses and fingers in their smartphones? What is the purpose of going out if that is how you are going to spend the time? It makes me want to run around and snatch all their phones and run out the door just to give them something to do other than texting and sexting and twitter and whatever.....Come on man....put the damn things away and enjoy each others company!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I am on ATS often. I just love to be able to see the news all over the World, to track celestial bodies, to witness breakthroughs, and most of all to discuss and debate will all of the World's geniuses.

BUT. When it is time to eat with a loved one, I show respect. I close my phone and I have manners. I give my fellow human beings the attention that they deserve.

There is a time for everything.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

You are one of few...How obnoxious is it...people cry about smoking, but I find it more offensive to witness that behavior.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
One thing a have and will always do.
if i look around at the people who are supposed to be having a social event with me and they are nose to screen, i will leave.
no explanation, no "im sorry i have to run" not a word. by the time they notice , i will be long gone and if its dinner all that will be left is payment for my meal in my place.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The internet sux!

I wish I lived in the time of "Leave It To Beaver".

Ward, June, goofy Wally and the booger Beaver.

I grew up with technology and now I feel old.

Thanks OP I wish it gone.

(I know it's ironic because if it was gone i wouldn't post so nobody needs to explain to me the obvious.)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

IMO ~ The world was a better place without it!

S&F OP!!!!

edit on 28-2-2015 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join