It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we all been forgotten ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I'm not a religious person and I'm sure you don't particularly care about what I have to say on this issue but most Christians in tend to explain the inaction of God by saying that God never interferes with human society because "he" has chosen to give human beings free will. It would make no sense to give a being free will and then dictate their actions. It is up to us to make the right choices in order to make the world a better place. If God were to step in and fix just one single thing then people would expect God to fix everything, not to mention there would be no need for faith if everyone knew that God existed. At the end of the day even religious people have to admit that there is no angelic force keeping them safe and protected from other human beings. A few years ago a little girl attending Sunday church was struck and killed by a stray bullet fired miles away.
edit on 1/3/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Smh... I don't know if it's better to point out the silliness or just let it be anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have yelled and screamed at GOD many times. The thing is that awful wonderful thing HE gave us, Free Will.
I feel HE has designed in all of us the ability to help others and ourselves. Please don't loose your faith.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I believe that God has abandoned the church, if ever he was with it in the first place. I don't think most Christians even realise that the church essentially has little concern for God or his prophets. For example, the Crusades were seemingly in the name of Christianity, so why would God condone that church? Given that the Middle East remains a major war zone, then one would be reasonable in expecting God to act. That he will, for he did already deliver Muhammed and will do so again. If one does not understand that they ought be vehemently condoning the atrocities being committed against Arabs in particular, God will likely have little concern for them.

edit on 1-3-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There is no god. Nothing like that. Youre belief system is a product of people needing someone or anything telling them how to live their lives, and what it takes to get through that life. IF everybody knew there was nothing after death JUST DEAD, then a lot of people would have a real problem with that. But religion promises them BS after IF they conduct themselves the way they are forced too. You will be better off without that silly belief.
a reply to: projectbane

It's my belief that you are the CREATOR HIMSELF / HERSELF. So you can say whatever or feel however you like, and you (the CREATOR) will STILL love YOU just as much as always (eternally,) when it's time for you to get off the Earth boat and start all over. I felt compelled to relate this to you. Nothing but LOVE.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
To me stuff like this makes more sense if there is reincarnation. The growth from suffering may happen in the next life?

I also think people are made to have different experiences. I always wondered why people would pay to go on the scary roller coasters or play those violent video games. Why do people watch sad, depressing movies?

The whole father-like God, one life thing, doesn't make sense to me.

(BTW, Elvis was supposed to have been visited by Blue lights that told him what was going to happen in his life)
edit on March 1st 2015 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
I totally hear you.
I'm right there with you on this.

Could be 'Dark Night of the Soul'. It's something a lot of people who seek God and the spiritual will go through. Mother Teresa went through it for decades. People who don't understand say she was an atheist at the end of her life, but that's not true. She was going through the Dark Night. It's a spiritual phenomenon. So you are in good company with your Dark Night - Saint Mother Teresa.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

When you say reincarnation, I don't know if you're talking about returning in a general sense, say as a duck, or as one was before. Like Jesus coming back as Jesus. What I do believe is that in our blood we hold memories of our ancestors; it might be that we never notice but sometimes they might come to fruition, say in dreams, while some people may have such strong senses that they display distinct personality traits to somebody from generations ago. I've been wondering a lot about this because I look a lot like Jesus, I'm not joking...I take a lot of flack for it. Considering how much I've been delving into religion lately it has got me wondering...but the history surrounding Christianity is a myriad of controversy so I don't really want to think about it too much any more.

edit on 1-3-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
I'm not a religious person and I'm sure you don't particularly care about what I have to say on this issue but most Christians in tend to explain the inaction of God by saying that God never interferes with human society because "he" has chosen to give human beings free will. It would make no sense to give a being free will and then dictate their actions. It is up to us to make the right choices in order to make the world a better place. If God were to step in and fix just one single thing then people would expect God to fix everything, not to mention there would be no need for faith if everyone knew that God existed. At the end of the day even religious people have to admit that there is no angelic force keeping them safe and protected from other human beings. A few years ago a little girl attending Sunday church was struck and killed by a stray bullet fired miles away.

True free will can have no Observer.

The Observer realized this long ago, and has had no part in Creation since it gave itself into all.

Now we have after many Trillions of years other beings who have evolved and created Universes of there own, and who all are running there own experiments trying to recreate the original Observer.

Here on Earth the template is as close as it will get to beings that can recreate all Physical and Non Physical energy into one with an Observer that can be impartial.

But the problems that have arisen are not easily rectified, and the Selfish "Gods" in these realms are not going to have anywhere to go, because they have stopped dead their own desperate attempts to Create a True Match, for the Observer.

They are behind the origins of these religions, which pretend to give energy and insight, but actually mask the higher ends, and have held us all hostage for so long.

They will be removed from the positions of Observing, whether they like it or not.... and the masks will fly off, as they are now in faster and ever faster fashion.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Your post certainly has hit a spot within. I had to rip the tears away.
I feel I might just be experiencing a very dark night right now. I woke
up this morning pissed off at the world. Only for what we've made of it.
Not for what it was meant to be. I realized my gripe is really at the
opposite pole. So maybe it's time for a pole shift.

To everyone:

You guys are friggen great man. I love you all very much.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

A few years ago a little girl attending Sunday church was struck and killed by a stray bullet fired miles away.

I almost called this thread faithshaker.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Your post certainly has hit a spot within. I had to rip the tears away.
I feel I might just be experiencing a very dark night right now. I woke
up this morning pissed off at the world. Only for what we've made of it.
Not for what it was meant to be. I realized my gripe is really at the
opposite pole. So maybe it's time for a pole shift.

To everyone:

You guys are friggen great man. I love you all very much.

Seeing the potential of humanity and seeing it not manifested is hard to handle, and I curse people for it at times, while at the same time loving their potential to shine thru one day.

Luke 14:26

If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple. Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

Some souls are easy to smile at. Others are harder.

edit on 1-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Personally I believe that people who think this universe "belongs" to God, or was made by God, are deluded. What kind of a God whom is good, for one thing, would make one where most beings kill other beings just to stay here longer (the doctrine of "food")? In its very, very most elemental ways, this universe cannot be Godly as attributable to any God whom most people would identify from that word. Much more likely, his nemesis, the devil.

Personally, I do believe that one can ascend into a Godly, eternal rest reality, heaven if you like, after this reality. But this place is not it, and is very far from it. I believe it is likely that people have been kind of kidnapped to here, and it will happen to all beings. This place was created by the devil for this purpose, and those beings who do not stay faithful to God can be taken by the evil being forever. He simply cannot take those who remain of the light, and they ascend to be with God or a Godly reality after their lives.

The thing is that people on earth are deluded by so many theories, and remain stupid. Nowadays you'd be much more likely to find people who say they believe in God, including many who identify as Christian, who believe they are "a part of God".

It's the most common thing I hear nowadays - so, so many people saying that "we" are all a part of God and the light and the truth, which is the very antithesis of nearly all traditional religious views. They say that, of course, we are distinct from God or a God or the Gods.

Today, though, just huge numbers of dumb people have decided that, no, in fact, they ARE God himself, like you, you lucky being of the light for me telling you that. (The latter part of that sentence is not how I think, but an example of how it seems these new cult like beings think. Not that I believe them, actually, I think they're only concerned with false representations, and have never had a genuine thought in their lives, and could well be incapable of even single, serious thoughts. It gets in the way of them skating through their "successful, blessed" lives of much happiness for others to behold.)

I hope this illustrates, in a single example, how this universe is full of people who CLAIM they "know" what they are and what God is. I'd advise you not to believe any of them, religious or not. Or myself - don't believe me either, of course, with my notion of that this is an ungodly place of kidnap by the devil, before eternal separation.

Just to explain a little further on what I think, it's kind of similar to traditional religions such as Christianity in the way that there is separation in this place, at the end - this is "the separation", the separation for the rest of eternity after. However, in my version, we have been brought, dragged by the hair by the devil to the very Gates of Hades themselves.
While, here the devil is very powerful, we may also be able to see just how evil he is and choose to reject him in all we do forever as a result.

Many will go beyond the Gates of Hades, I suppose, forever. Some will ascend from this godforsaken place.

The very point, in answer to your OP, is that it is godforsaken. There is a God, there is God. But he is not here, and this is not his place, and I believe he does not have power, or much ability to intervene at all within this place, if any. He exists elsewhere, and in order to be with him, we must always reject the ways of the devil and be true and against harm, cruelty and evil in this life. Otherwise, well, I guess it's through the gates with us. Like down into the mantle a couple of miles or so below us. I do believe these Gates of Hades do also have symbols attatched. That mentioned, for example, and the apparent logical endlessness of space, for another example.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

We have not been forgotten... You seem to forget that it is our sacred duty to remember that boy, to transform that ghetto and to help our fellow man repair the cracks. Although, you don't really fix the cracks... You just notice that they are there. Then you clean them out and fill then up! Be filled up bro! xoxo

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Hoping some of the great believers here can break out there concrete glue for me? I need to mend this fissure. But all comments of course will be welcomed accordingly.

Here's a little tough love, Old Testament style.

Just who do you think you are, anyway? How dare you question the infinite power and will of the Lord God in Heaven. Don't feel like he's paying enough attention to you? Who are you in the entirety of the universe and the Grand Plan?

Why do you think they call it faith? Nobody's giving you any guarantees. It could very well be a load of fairy stories made up by a bunch of people long dead to scare a bunch of other long-dead people into doing what they're told. The only think you have going for you is your gut, and part of the challenge is to keep the fire going. Maybe you can't. Not getting any confirmation of your faith -- ever -- is a good reason to dump it all.

But is it really? Nothing has changed between you and God. He's still holding up his end of the bargain. Stop being such a baby and looking for attention and either stick with it... or not. God doesn't have time for your foolishness.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Remarkable!

Out of the blue you shift.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I counter with being a soul who wants to understand and therefore seek.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."

If someone have trouble with their faith, then it can be that the soul and god is trying to make them understand each other more and take their relationship to a new level of understanding.
edit on 2-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Pretty sure Blue doesn't believe we have a soul Lil.
That's why I thought his reply was remarkable.
He stepped outside himself for that one.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join