It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we all been forgotten ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

From my point of view to the people here who are not believers of something more. Just because I say there is something more and I have had spiritual experience do not mean, I am pro dogmatic religion even if I like both Jesus, Rumi, Nanak and Buddha as teachers. I have very little regard for both Paul:s and Muhammad:s teachings. I have really tried to find beauty in the Quran but I cannot see it, where I can see it in other spiritual ideas.

If people like I can be atheists and still the other side say hi. Then maybe organized religion have no clue what they are talking about when they say our way or hell. Even the pope have stopped the dogma: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven.

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 28-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Brother, your spirit is speaking out to you. If you feel as if there are cracks in the foundation, do not ignore that feeling, your spirit knows best and may be trying to tell you something. Letting go of deeply held convictions is hard, but sometimes it is part of the healing process and a way for you to seek an even greater truth than the one you may already know. You don't have to deny Jesus, maybe you just have to see him in a different way than what the world has taught you.

That boy has not been forgotten, no one is ever forgotten. Listen to what your gut is telling you, it may be telling you something you've been suppressing for many years.

Don't listen to me, listen to what your spirit is trying to say. Maybe you've been wrong all along, there's no shame in admitting that to yourself. I went through the same process a few years ago, I listened to my gut and I believe I have become a better person because of it.

Much love.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

You are unforgettable to me, friend. Let's at least not forget one another, and that child.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That was pretty damn sweet l1ght. As for me?
I won't be forgetting that. But I do have a question.
How is it you so dismantle my perception of you?
I am come to this point where I am now intrigued
by this and I say to myself. Honestly? Really?
It's wishy washy and flighty but not exactly aggravating.
Kind of
all rolled up in one.
I struggle a discription holding a dictionary. LOL

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

. For some reason I feel like giving you a smiley.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That is something at least isn't it? We don't have to forget each other.
And no, I won't forget you Les or your contributions here nor any child.

a reply to: LBL

Giggles, Thank you LBL
edit on Rpm22815v26201500000002 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Matthew 5
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

The light is trying to break through, don't ignore it. Believing you are a sinner will lead to sin 100% of the time. Let your light shine because YOU are the light of the world brother. Doing good is to make your light shine, to believe you are a sinner who needs salvation from something else other than yourself is to put your light under a bowl.

Realize the light that's in front of you, once you see it you will know you are truly beautiful on the inside and that sin is not the only way. You are the expression of love and everyone is loved unconditionally. We are all that expression of love.

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! Do not suppress it brother, listen to what your spirit is trying to tell you.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Dismantle your perception of me? I don't understand the question. What do you mean by that? Honest question.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

edit on 2/28/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Personally i am not religious,the only one in my family is my sister whom is,interestingly before my father lost his mind he was talking about a huge void and there must be something out there,it was a ramble admittedly,but he must have gained some intimate knowledge in his 80 years before the stroke and he was a smart man.....

Sorry i have really nothing constructive to add to you dilemma,just reading your post made me think of that so i shared \,but in saying that i hope you find what it is you are looking for....

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
God, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;

Play around with the light.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Now, the point of this thread. I follow Jesus not thru any religion.
And find myself at this crossing.

" And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,
Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why
hast thou forsaken me?"

Mathew 27; 46

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I simply mean I cant place my perception of you.
I can't get a handle?
Message me l1ght.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Now, the point of this thread. I follow Jesus not thru any religion.
And find myself at this crossing.

" And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,
Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why
hast thou forsaken me?"

Mathew 27; 46

Do you want me to give you my opinion on what happened to Jesus or are you in seek mode trying to figure it out by your own awareness?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

This may be one of the toughest threads I've ever written on ATS.
But it involves ATS by way of a thread I was just reading, so I wanted
to write it while the feeling was still fresh. In my years on ATS, I have
always expressed an unshakable faith my Father in Heaven and Jesus
Christ. From the time I was just a boy of ten years, found on my own,
thru my own thought and choice, despite what the world tempted me
to believe. I haven't lossed that faith as of today.

But now, I must admit, while reading another thread here on ATS just
awhile I ago.More precisely, a remittance to the thread that highlited
this song.

Coupled to thoughts and feelings of that instance. I have suddenly
noticed cracks in the foundation that houses my whole philosophy
of life and happiness, my faith. Indeed, God himself can not deny
the haunting repetition, that is played out in the world over, by
this one ghetto scene portrayed so perfectly in this song. And felt
so deeply in the singers voice. I suddenly felt a deep sorrow.
How could God forget this little boy? And further more, how could
he remember me, if he has forgotten him? A quick silver feeling has
crept over me and hardened. It has left me with a nagging, that we
may be so petty and useless, that we all have been forgotton. Hoping
some of the great believers here can break out there concrete glue for
me? I need to mend this fissure. But all comments of course will be
welcomed accordingly.

I'm agnostic, and have been very critical of Christianity all Abrahamic religions, but I've been studying Gnostic Christians lately, and while I'll never be a Christian I find myself appreciating their approach. It reminds of Buddhism in some ways, and even though the early church fathers considered them heretics, I find them much more logical.

I like that they rejected faith under the idea that it implies a separation between believer and god. They believed that we all had god with in us, and just needed to understand our true nature. They rejected the idea of any holy book being a one size fits all solution that is equally suitable for everyone, and instead believed each person was on a unique spiritual journey to discover their own truth. They accepted women as equals, and rejected the authority of hierarchies. Much like Buddhists they believed everyone can achieve A Christ like state, and that we would be resurrected until we got it right. I personally think resurrection is far more loving than a god who throws you in the pits of hell for eternity.

As far as that god goes, they believe their is a higher power that is superior to the god of the bible. The OT god is actually seen as the arrogant demiurge who created this flawed earth, and falsely claims that he is the one true god, while binding our spirits to the earth. Where modern Christians see the snake in the garden as being wrong for tricking us, the gnostic see the OT god as being wrong for trying to prevent us for realizing our true nature. To gnostics the garden didn't represent our fall, but rather our awakening.

If you are questioning the goodness of the biblical god, but love the role of Jesus, I'd suggest looking into gnosticism, you might find yourself agreeing with these big bad heretics.

My suggestion though would be to completely shed all faith entirely, and start your journey from scratch. The one thing I've always hated about Abrahamic religions is the fact they prevent any real spiritual journey. They have a predetermined path, and you are threatened not to make any wrong moves the entire time you walk that path. I find that idea of spirituality ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Jesus was experiencing/perceiving suffering, his perception of that suffering made him think God had forsaken/forgotten him. Three days later he came to find out that wasn't true, God never forsakes/forgets anyone. His resurrection symbolizes God saving and remembering everyone IMO.

Do you see the parallel between what you are going through now and what Jesus went through? You may see it which is why you posted that particular quote, but I can't tell for sure. Jesus' suffering describes our own. You have experienced/perceived the suffering and now (or did) think God has forgotten those who suffer. Jesus "died" and was put into darkness (a cave), this symbolizes what some call the "dark night of the soul" and even Jesus suffered from it.

IMHO you need "three days" of introspection and insight, searching within yourself for the answers. Once you find your answers you will leave the cave and "resurrect" spiritually with a new understanding, and that is that God doesn't forsake or forget anyone.

Hell is a concept that implies God forsakes people, the majority in fact. Maybe belief in that place is what is holding people back from finding themselves, they are too afraid to leave the box they have been living in. How could God send people to a place of eternal torment/separation if he loves everyone equally? Why would he forsake his children, those who he loves more than anything? The fact is that he wouldn't and doesn't. The concept of hell is a man-made doctrine to instill fear into people and force them to obey THEIR (man's) word, not God's.

God's word is written into the very fabric of existence itself. His word is that of light. What is it that you see right now? Not what you look at, but what you SEE. You look at the world, but you SEE light. Maybe that is God's word.

Genesis 1
3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

God's word (what he said) is light. His word brings forth the light and we see that light right now. God is God of the living and life brings forth the light.
edit on 3/1/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

If it is not too personal may I ask and I am definitely not recommending what I ask. Did you ever experience a fear amygdala overload in this life?

I assume randyvs will not experience it and that is a blessing from my point of view.

edit on 1-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

When I first began to question my faith, yes, I had a fear overload. I feared that my questioning meant I was a bad person and was going to be sent to hell because of it. That fear eventually faded away and I was released from the fear of hell that I subconsciously held and I came to realize: "why fear something that doesn't exist?" I came to realize that hell WAS that fear, and me letting go of that fear released me from that hell.
edit on 3/1/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

...I suddenly felt a deep sorrow.
How could God forget this little boy? And further more, how could
he remember me, if he has forgotten him? A quick silver feeling has
crept over me and hardened. It has left me with a nagging, that we
may be so petty and useless, that we all have been forgotton. Hoping
some of the great believers here can break out there concrete glue for
me? I need to mend this fissure. But all comments of course will be
welcomed accordingly.

Moving, *randyvs*!

It is a sobering series of questions...and, sadly, who really knows the answer/s?
If someone did - and shared them - we'd probably laugh them off the page and thread and...planet, if possible.
...kind'a like the story of Jesus.

I cannot give any advice regarding faith, as I may be the biggest loser in that arena.
Wish you the very best along those lines, though - as the path gets scary, really fast, when you stray too far.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: LittleByLittle

When I first began to question my faith, yes, I had a fear overload. I feared that my questioning meant I was a bad person and was going to be sent to hell because of it. That fear eventually faded away and I was released from the fear of hell that I subconsciously held and I came to realize: "why fear something that doesn't exist?"

I had a crushing bodily fear near death thing where the body shakes like crazy. Interesting that some soul have the ability to hear those distress calls and come running to help to make sure I knew what was coming. Not sure I fear anything anymore after that experience. There is a strange calmness that came after that.

Thank you for your effort. At our highest we all are as one.

edit on 1-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Following the belief in the LORD JESUS CHRIST THE SON randyvs there is a experience of many the SON went through 1 examines that keeps 1z faith strong.

1 doesn't feel many are forgotten more so then still learning how to conduct ourselves why under the watchful eye of THY FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN.
Just as LORD JESUS CHRIST was not forgotten during his experiences here, and look what he went through...

If the world was so unbalanced back then to the point where the son of GOD was said to of been attacked then how can "WE" lose faith on our beliefs when we are attacked if on this same world we exist that the SON was once said to of?

So if we find ourselves bearing the weight of the Cross (for yes 1 personally knows how dark some moments can get especially when your doing your best to shine and remain BRIGHT in consciousness) it is the duty of those who follow THE, to bear the stresses and ignorance as did THE SON and keep FAITH that eventually we will overcome the dark in consciousness that produces at times dark ways of existence, that can temporary dim the Brightest LIGHTS. Temporary because you have the strength within you to SHINE again if you went dim...

So if you are feeling dim randyvs at times try to use the pressures, temptations, test and doubts through time of the darkness to polish & increase your strength to shine.

1 sends you strength and more belief as your able to connect visually with this post randyvs. Remember your not alone and the more you shine the more the darkness shall test your faith. 1 is still processing if the test is part of the Ascension process into the HIGHER regions of HEAVEN. Sort of like THY FATHER - GOD or the CREATOR knows its Created WILL pass(t) the test.

And so does this mean there is also faith in you / us / ALL* Created? And is it just as challenging to have faith in the Created, as it is for the Created to have faith in THE who Created you / us / ALL* randyvs...

Good luck

NAMASTE*******

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join