It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we all been forgotten ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Its not an easy walk but it was not written in the bible for nothing. Perhaps something I read recently from Buddhism might help. Their aim is not to achieve enlightenment for the sake of being enlightened but for the unselfish purpose of helping others reach enlightenment. So if you really want to help the boy in the ghetto you need step forward and walk that desert so you can help pull the boy away from the darkness. If you ever reach the goal, don't forget to reach back and pull me up also

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

God does not forget, and he is listening.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Our faith in humanity and the human spirit and in each other is what will lead us out of the darkness and ensure that we are not forgotten and do not forget. All we can do is face the apparently insurmountable and horrible things that can sometimes feels so overwhelming with courage and compassion and sometimes brutal self-reflection and then do what we can to help, where we can. The reality is that all we can control is ourselves, and that can sometimes be very hard to accept. It doesn't have to get darker. That is not inevitable.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

if God has the power to act and stop these things and yet doesn't, then that is cruel.
a reply to: stargatetravels
I disagree. I think that everything was put here for us to use and explore as we please. That is the point. I (the manifestation) would never hold the CREATOR responsible for my deeds, even if I could. WE are HE, manifested to acquire all for HIM, no matter what it is. All things must happen, all good, and even those we perceive to be, bad. JMHO. LOVE

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Well we were created in Gods image and likeness.
So God is a murderer and as evil as the most evil human being.
In fact God used to smite, slaughter and cause misery for many according to the bible.

The point is nobody, absolutely nobody knows a single thing about God.
From whether God exists to what gods motivations are - it's pure nonsense for anyone to talk for God.
All we have to go on is scripture and/or reality.
In scripture God was pretty mean and also pretty active - but now? Not so much.
Not a solitary peep.

God - at least the God of scripture and the Bible/Torah/ Quaran is complete and utter fiction.
Just man-made stories made to strike fear or inspire or control.
Maybe there is an unseen force in the universe, I have no issue with that but we know nothing about it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Very encouraging indeed.

Once again, ATS at it's best when the
hurt and confusion of this world is at it's worst with
yet much more to offer. As we all know and will most
likely have to bare.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
originally posted by: stargatetravels

All we have to go on is scripture and/or reality. In scripture God was pretty mean and also pretty active - but now? Not so much. Not a solitary peep. God - at least the God of scripture and the Bible/Torah/ Quaran is complete and utter fiction. Just man-made stories made to strike fear or inspire or control. Maybe there is an unseen force in the universe, I have no issue with that but we know nothing about it.

That is not your mind doing the thinking. Open your eyes, take your hands from your ears and speak with your own tongue.

it's pure nonsense for anyone to talk for God

And now I say verily unto thee; who are ye to make these claims?

edit on 28-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio

God does not forget, and he is listening.

I know and I do agree that nothing slips the mind of God.
I meant forgotten decisively.
If that changes anything?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Sorry that was not my intention.

From my point of view. The light is a real thing and Jesus is also a good teacher to follow.
. A part of me is just homesick without knowing where home is. It will work out in the end. Earth is not the only room.

John 14:

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. "And you know the way where I am going."

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

But that's what I'm referring too - the God that we all know and love, from the religious texts.
Not whatever God 'may' be but what information and knowledge (written) we have of God.
And who am I? Someone who thinks for themselves
Someone who is happy to believe in some unseen force or cosmic consciousness and maybe even a creator, but we don't know.

I don't know, you dont know - nobody does.

Thou doth sayest some olde words to maketh thou sound enlightened?

For shame!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

There you are and I hold no blame for you LBL.
If anything, you provided the water that washed
my soul.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
Thou doth sayest some olde words to maketh thou sound enlightened?

I didn't say anything.

I don't know, you dont know - nobody does.

God does.

You don't believe because you don't look.

edit on 28-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

There is something to spirituality even if I use critical thinking when reading religious texts. Some religions version of how everything is connected is to small for me. Just because a religion gets the definition of god wrong do not mean all definitions of god are wrong.
edit on 28-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

There is no god. Nothing like that.

Youre belief system is a product of people needing someone or anything telling them how to live their lives, and what it takes to get through that life. IF everybody knew there was nothing after death JUST DEAD, then a lot of people would have a real problem with that. But religion promises them BS after IF they conduct themselves the way they are forced too.

You will be better off without that silly belief.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Will we? Why do you think that?

Maybe you've never had a personal experience, but I have and so have others who post here.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
Youre belief system is ...

You cannot say to another what their silly beliefs are.

IF everybody knew there was nothing after death JUST DEAD, then a lot of people would have a real problem with that. But religion promises them BS after IF they conduct themselves the way they are forced too.

And you know this how?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

In scripture God was pretty mean and also pretty active - but now? Not so much. Not a solitary peep.
a reply to: stargatetravels

Well, I know little of scripture as I was an atheist for over 53 years of my 56 years total. 2+ years ago I had a most profound spiritual experience and I was changed for ever. PTL. Now I know better. This is how the show goes. Don't waste your time on second guessing what the CREATOR of all this is doing. Just open your heart, jump on board, and make the ride better if you wish. LOVE

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: crapola, I always forget this...My reason is because I love to edit.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This thread just knocked me on my butt. Seriously. I've nothing to contribute right now.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Saying , " There is no God" as if you know,
is the silliest thing I've ever heard come out
of human beings mouth. It shows complete
ignorance of how much one actually even knows.
edit on Rpm22815v48201500000013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Somebody said "manmade god" yesterday, that made me chuckle.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join