It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we encouraging marginalized thinking on ATS and MSM?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
We have a pretty good example of this right here in River City......

take a look at this thread and how it could apply.....

Norway Just Deported 824 Muslims

Hmmm.

What do we learn from this?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Ahhhh, thank you. Excellent point! Something I have noticed for a while, but not properly articulated. That is exactly right. Often times, what I consider to be very well thought out points, honestly exploring the legitimacy of arguments made on both side, and reaching a reasonable conclusion, I will receive very few, or no, stars. This occurs not just with me of course, but is a trend. And then, as you say, someone comes in on one extreme, crying out against the other extreme with hyperbole and often closed-mindedness, and these sorts of comments on both sides of the aisle get flooded with stars. Then when someone comes in with something reasonable, very little attention is paid to it, or stars. As you say, so interesting how it mimics the mainstream. And explains some of the 'whys' of it, just using ATS here as a sample.
edit on 1-3-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Yeah fully! If you post something reasonable and logical and middle of the road... You get it in the ear from BOTH sides!!!

And now Spock is dead DAMMIT!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hudsonhawk69

Yeah fully! If you post something reasonable and logical and middle of the road... You get it in the ear from BOTH sides!!!

And now Spock is dead DAMMIT!!!

Haha yea, reasonable non-extremists become the universal enemy!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

How can you be against abortion but pro choice?

It's like being against murder, but saying it's okay if someone else does it.

As for the rest, we touched on this a few days ago.

If you are going to use the Constitution to defend a point, then in another thread, claim the Constitution is an old outdated rag because of another issue, then you have an inherent weakness to your argument.

Either you are for ALL freedoms of speech and for NO government control on ANY type, or you are a hypocrite.

But like I have said before, switch "gun control" (2nd Amendment) for "speech control" (1st Amendment) and see how strong an argument is.

Interesting thread, it piqued my curiosity.

SnF for that at the very least.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Mainly, it's because making it illegal won't stop it from happening but increased support of single mothers and streamlining adoption laws will reduce it greatly. We've tried the illegal thing and it doesn't do anything but make abortions dangerous to get.

Compare it to drug laws. Do they stop people? Nope. All it does is make them more dangerous and risky. Money we spend to legislate and enforce drug laws would be better spent on substance abuse education and rehab programs.

So that's how I can be against abortion but still want it to be legal.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: beezzer

Mainly, it's because making it illegal won't stop it from happening but increased support of single mothers and streamlining adoption laws will reduce it greatly. We've tried the illegal thing and it doesn't do anything but make abortions dangerous to get.

I agree, in part. I don't think making abortions illegal would stop them. But we could put abortion clinics out of business by education and those things you listed.

Compare it to drug laws. Do they stop people? Nope. All it does is make them more dangerous and risky. Money we spend to legislate and enforce drug laws would be better spent on substance abuse education and rehab programs.

So that's how I can be against abortion but still want it to be legal.

I would still fight the legality by looking for and advocating for solutions to abortion.

I could never support it.

But I would offer solutions to negate its impact.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join