It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...You want to serve your country?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Heres what youll deal with if you are wounded and disabled.....
A red tape filled abyss of idiots who cant seem to understand lost limbs do not regrow on their own......and insist you prove theyre still gone....every three or every year...whats not to be disgusted about?
And thanks for your service.....

edit on 28-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

A wounded soldier who lost both legs in Afghanistan and has had to prove to Veterans Affairs every year that he still needs a wheelchair, will now only have to go through the experience every three years.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hey, you have to be on the lookout for Reptilians.

VA has always been a debacle.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

How do you equate the VA with a debacle?(just too mild a word)
Its a bloody dehumanising nightmare for our wounded Soldiers.....
This is just another example of how the government makes us subservient.....
The utter stupidity of this rule is beyond the pale.....

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Your country needs you until you are of no further use.

When the Heroes return, with their limbs missing and the mental scars embedded, it appears it's then down to charities to pick up the pieces.

Governments should hang their heads in shame.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Having to prove your limbs were blown off regularly to the government who sent you.....now that's cause for a whole other kind of PTSD.....
The absolute arrogance of such requirements speaks of the governments real attitude towards its troops.....

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I Care

I care about those who have served.
I care about my fellow VA employees.
I care about choosing “the harder right instead of the easier wrong.”
I care about performing my duties to the very best of my abilities

Why do I doubt the veracity of this.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

This is Canada man.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
www.cbc.ca...

Heres what youll deal with if you are wounded and disabled.....
A red tape filled abyss of idiots who cant seem to understand lost limbs do not regrow on their own......and insist you prove theyre still gone....every three or every year...whats not to be disgusted about?
And thanks for your service.....

A wounded soldier who lost both legs in Afghanistan and has had to prove to Veterans Affairs every year that he still needs a wheelchair, will now only have to go through the experience every three years.

The canadian government really is filled with stupid people, all they have to do is add a conditional statement to the rule. Like one of the posters before me said, it's a shame we can't hang these idiots in government, errr, I mean "Governments should hang their heads in shame."

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/28.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I Care

I care about those who have served.
I care about my fellow VA employees.
I care about choosing “the harder right instead of the easier wrong.”
I care about performing my duties to the very best of my abilities

Why do I doubt the veracity of this.

Probably because you work for the VA......

Not you greencmp the idiot in the picture....

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Well, that's what I get for trying to agree when I can, carry on.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Why serve a country that hasn't ever, nor will ever will do a damn thing for you?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

And here I thought that Harper had all but closed down VA .Well they did close down many of the offices and consolidated them into something that resembled workman's compensation . Got a damaged back well prove it by trying to lift this heavy object so we can know for sure ...never mind your doctors reports we need to know ourselves . It was not always like this you know . I can remember a time bragging to American troops coming home from the first Gulf war just how much better we in Canada treated our troops . They must have raise the issue with their politicians and so rather then upping their game they sent the word north to cut back so it wouldn't look so lop sided . stupid politicians ....they just don't give a %&$#

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Whoops, I jumped to a conclusion (doing so is usually wrong, I should know better).

Thanks for clarifying!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Why would anyone serve the United States world conquest and their toy the NATO

Ah yes, the desperation and the desperate

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
"A wounded soldier who lost both legs in Afghanistan and has had to prove to Veterans Affairs every year that he still needs a wheelchair, will now only have to go through the experience every three years."

I have never been in combat but yet I am with my work insurance and disability from the Government as well as my life insurance company also. They require forms to be filled out yearly, and this takes time and money from us to do so.
Usually it means a trip to a city 60 miles away and back and my wife has to take the day off work to accompany me to the appointment.

I died twice last year and yet they still want proof that I am not installing new roofs in my spare time :-) We are all debits to the system if were broken but yet we are assets if we are functional and doing the work thing.

This thread should rattle a few folks and hopefully open some eyes.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 28-2-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Oh my God! That is completely outrageous! Appalling!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I say be Smart and Really serve your country by Not joining any branch of the Military.

Perks:

1) Not getting your limbs blown off in somebodies stupid war that cannot possibly effect Americans in the first place.

2) not fighting a stupid war that doesn't even effect you as an American.

3) Not taking orders from a false American in the Military who ignores The Constitution and agrees with his stupid Generals higher ups to go ahead and send you to your death in a war that would otherwise never effect you.

4) Did I mention you were fighting for a corrupt anti American government who wages wars that do not effect you - you pawn?

We haven't had a real threat/war since WWII. All other wars since have been Illegal and for agendas of your puppet masters.

Real Americans have the guts to stand up and say we aren't going to fight your personal battles for you silly politicians. Why do they call them Grunts - brain dead you see.. you can tell because they enlisted. I challenge you cowards to get a clue and stand up to your masters and tell them you refuse to be their slave any longer. That will be nice but heh.. brain dead.. nope.. wont happen.

new topics

top topics

join