It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Input please...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
First, just to clarify, I am female. Having said that, I have no poetic abilities and do not, as a rule set out to read poetry specifically. However, I like poetry! I find it provides insight into the mindset of it's writer. It evokes emotions and memories and, yes, even education. As a lover of music, how can one enjoy a song without poetry? Even acoustical music begs for written word.

Keep it going, Yousir!

edit on 1425308928Monday31Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:08:48 -0600amMonday0890931 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Ummm...Thank you Ultralight...I apologize for that...it's a bad habit to make assumptions based on lack of knowledge...Again...thank you for correcting me...

You are so right...song is poetry with a beat...even dance has been called "poetry in motion"...

Poetry is more ingrained in society than one would first think and is often used as a metaphor for myriads of everyday occurrence...The wing motion of a bird in flight...or "tornado" schools of mating tuna...A cool breeze on a lazy summer day...A refined speech...Waterfalls...Dolphin leaping from one element to another.......................all poetic...

Are you Ultralight...because you travel the reaches of sky and air...or because you have transcended the bonds of material grasping and unfettered...breathe free...?

YouSir

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Yea sure. Have your own little corner and just watch what happens when only those interested in poetry drop by.

At the current time, everyone who likes short stories clicks on the threads and probably reads the poetry. You generally don't know it is a poem until you have clicked on it.

So yes, if you have your own little corner you may just reduce your exposure. I do not like many poems, but I also don't mind reading them for the odd one that says something that hits me.

P

You make a very good point, and it woks both ways too. I'm the exact opposite way: I come to the short story section in search of poetry, and end up reading the occasional story. It may not make logical sense and may even seem inconvenient, but lumping them together is actually beneficial in my opinion. You may not always know exactly what you're clicking, but the moment the page loads it's usually immediately apparent whether it's a story or poem based solely on the format of the text. (ie. paragraph vs single lines)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CretumOrbis

Ummm...Thank you for your response CretumOrbis...Perhaps your right...I'm not trying to champion one way or the other...merely trying to gauge how readers and members of this forum felt about it...

I was just concerned because I have whole books worth of material to share and didn't want other members/readers to feel like i was trying to hog the pixel width of the short story forum...

I would come here even if there was a separate forum dedicated to poetry...cause I love to read all the wonderful talent...and...I have stories to share as well...

Again...thank you...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

unfettered is my middle name!
I am a skywatcher and imagine the possibilities.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I know that poetry isn't everyone's schtick...so what do you think...A forum called Poets nook...or poets corner...or simply Poetry...?

Absolutely a great idea !

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Ummm...Thank you for your response 727Sky...I just thought that with a forum dedicated to poetry...we could challenge one another to excel...There are so many ways to ignite inspiration that can be allot of fun as members strive to create...together...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join