It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate Drones? This New Website Lets You Create a 'No Fly Zone' Over Your Property

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

As anti-drone sentiment spreads, a new organization has risen to help individuals secure the blue skies above their properties.

NoFlyZone.org lets you register your address online, letting drone manufacturers and fliers know that their machines are not welcome near your business or home, according to a report from TechCrunch,

When you enter your address, the website creates a geo-fence that No Fly Zone relays to drone software and hardware manufacturers. The hope is that drone makers will write these boundaries into their software, so that drones won’t be able to fly where you don’t want them to. No Fly Zone was actually formed by a consortium of seven smaller drone makers, who say on their website that they “want to take a leadership position on drone privacy issues.” (Probably a little late for that!) So far No Fly Zone’s geo-fences are honored only be the seven drone companies who created the site; they are still waiting on heavyweights like Parrot and DJI, the two largest drone makers in the world, to comply. Several drone manufacturing companies have already launched new software features to warn or prevent drone operators from flying around sites like airports, military bases, stadiums, and many more legally forbidden spots.

www.yahoo.com...

Tips;
After you put in an address to create a no fly zone it will show a map to the right. Place the marker directly over your home.
After creating the no fly zone you will need to confirm the email sent to the email you provided.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Yep.... exactly what someone wants us to do....

enter our address into a database!!!

Nice one!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
you don't need to use your address. For example choose an address down the street from you. Then move the marker anywhere you want.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
That would be difficult to regulate and enforce. I wouldn't trust some random website to give my address away like that.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
That would be difficult to regulate and enforce. I wouldn't trust some random website to give my address away like that.

you don't need to use your address. For example choose an address down the street from you. Then move the marker anywhere you want.

You may had missed my reply earlier. It goes by where you place the marker. If you don't want to use your address than don't. Use another address and move the map to locate where you wanna put the marker. I would expect to much enforcement either. What do you expect for free. It is programmed into the drones software to avoid the area of the placement of the marker.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
There's nothing to stop people from simply cordoning off whole streets and districts with this tool?

There's nothing stopping anobody from switching out parts on pre assembled drones or building them themselves to side step this.

There's no true legality stopping any drone flying over your property within reason at least if within proper height boundaries.

Because people are so interested in our lives they're going to use drones to stalk us and observe our homes!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Surely it would be better to develop a system which creates incrementally greater amounts of interference in signals sent from the controls, to the drone, until the point at which the drones controls are wrested from the user, or the drone receives such conflicting instruction that it turns itself upside down, and slams itself into the ground. Some sort of layered, multi frequency jamming device perhaps?
edit on 28-2-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removed.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It could well have interference with wifi and possibly even phone networks - the UK seems awfully fussy about interference and what you can legally transmit.

Maybe you could have something similar to a radar gun so that the beam was focused - you wouldn't really want a jammer that'd be on all the time. Though speaking about disabling drones you don't really want hundreds of pounds worth of lethally spinning rotors coming down in your garden.

May I ask why you're so bothered about drones in the first place?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I'll have to dig deeper. I'm 3 air miles in a direct line to 2 Runways at Greater Pittsburgh INTL. Airport.
Planes usually fly 800 to 1200 feet above my home, upon landing. ( depending on how low the clouds get ). They've gotten as low as 500 feet above my house.

So I'm sure this will restrict the height of where a drone can go. ( I hate the new term "DRONE" ) for the use of a toy "Quadracopter" or multi blade Copter. Though i realize drone is the term for unmanned aircraft of all kinds. My friend has Two with Go Pro's that we use for production shots. But we've never used them in populated areas.

Both of us ( my friend ) are and have been in agreement that we don't want toys flying over our home video taping us in our pools. Or NAKED SUN BATHING.
. ( yes we've had women over ). And after a day of filming or just a hot day.
So we would not do it in populated areas. Unless we have written permission.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Nice one!

Imagine the horror! Next they will want to put your address, name, and phone number in a book and give it away for free.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shakawkaw

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Nice one!

Imagine the horror! Next they will want to put your address, name, and phone number in a book and give it away for free.

LOL!!!!!!!

HaHa.... you made me look in the the new phone book.... yep it's printed right in there..
Only thing is. It only states the Township in which I live, and my home phone number. But there are some with numbers and full addresses.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shakawkaw
could be worse they may want ssn's and bank accounts.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
jamming devices could be illegal but it would be cool to claim its yours after it fell on your property.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg
one marker per email. I guess you could if you had a lot of email accounts. Yeah it would be easy to side step this

edit on 28-2-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
I dont know about height above your home. I looked into situations where even though you own property you only have low air space above your home to work with and you only can claim so many feet below your home so companies can run pipes for natural gas and stuff without informing you. P.S im all for naked sunbathing and no drones!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

I am not personally bothered by drones all that much. In fact, I can see them becoming a potentially interesting tool for high end security systems developers. Imagine a home defense system which not only alerts the authorities to a break in, but discreetly launches a drone, or swarm thereof, to track and surveil the theif upon their egress from the building! The possibilities in that field alone are interesting, and I think that very few people would have a problem with that application of the technology, when compared to other potential uses of drones.

However, the thread was about a website which creates a notional "no fly zone" around a property. My argument here, is that the methodology is not nearly firm enough to create a no fly zone worthy of being called such, and that in order to create such a circumstance in truth, would require a methodolodgy which forces unwelcome drones to land, or crash.

new topics

top topics

join