It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Failure of ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I was bamboozled and hornswaggled. I only clicked on this thread, because I thought the OP was a different Slayer. Actually, now that I think about it, scratch the bamboozling and hornswaggling. I am just an incompetent reader or some such poppycock.

The internet only allows the illusion of being free. From the corporate to the deep web. Unless you are some super hacker extraordinaire. Why would you think any truth would be found on the internet. Sure, you can catch a glimpse of someones personal truth. But the kind of truth the OP wants to believe he has. Is only truly known amongst those who are doing the conspiring. So to get those truths you must go out into the world and conspire on a grand level. Otherwise your just a schmuck taking a guess. Which is why the perceived powers that be. Do not care one iota whats being said on the internet. The real players are playing. Everyone else is just speculating. But that is just my opinion. What do I know.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

69 dude!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

I have read that many disinfo agents are just ex-military or government and just attempting to get a paycheck. I think some disinfo is harmless, but some is truly harmful to mankind and they do not understand the karmic consequences of what they are deliberately and knowingly engaged in.

I'm not sure what a disinfo agent would be doing on ATS in any form since there really isn't much of an outcome to their efforts if they were. "Believers" I used in the general sense that posts usually form two sides of the debate of those who believe and those who do not, and they may interchange at will depending on the topic.

"Spirituality" is also in a general sense of those who debate areas that one has zero proof to provide and so faith is their only proof.

BTW with my 28 years in the military and 8 years as a "contractor" in support of the military what does that make me? hehe

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think people treat ats far to seriously.
It is light entertainment.
If you think ats will change anything in the world.....

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It always amazes me when people put more effort into complaining what's on/in ATS than helping to improve what's on/in ATS. In your case, your tune hasn't changed much in 11 years.

originally posted by: Slayer
Mods won't ban you or delete your thread and you most likely won't end up in court over the violation of some anti-free speech law in Europe.

The same is the case here on ATS.

And people will post and share information that will truly open your eyes.

We have lots and lots of members who post information that will truly open your eyes, instead of lamenting the lack of such information.

Additionally, this is all done anonymously, meaning that people don't need to face repercussions.

The same applies here on ATS.

This is the maximum potential of the internet: the free exchange of information and ideas at very little cost.

The same applies here on ATS.

And that's why ATS has failed. ATS claims to believe in denying ignorance, but ATS only believes in denying ignorance on their own terms.

Civil debate is bad now?

There are topics that people are not allowed to discuss on ATS and threads will be deleted accordingly.

The list is astonishingly short and our reasons have alway been clear. Additionally, there's been a great deal of change regarding some of the previously disallowed topics over the past few years.

And there's a ton of fluff: reptillians, aliens, UFOs, cryptozoology, new agism, etc. All of these topics can be blown completely out of the water with the application of Occam's Razor.

Oh, so you do want to censor subjects. Got it. You're not actually for free speech, just the free speech you agree with. Good to know.

In business terms, ATS is actually succeeding quite well. A quick duckduckgo search reveals that ATS generates close to $150,000 a year.

That's not correct.

ATS always has some scheme going on. At one point it was the conspiracy chicks, they had ATS radio, they had the Ring bearer contest, and currently NLBS. All in the name of generating clicks.

Oh, I see. Trying to make a business out of something for which you have a passion is also a bad idea. Got it. Good to know.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hopefully people have enough volition to regard what they like, and disregard what they do not. But one thing is for certain, most people have the ability to read and understand the language, but not the ability to discriminate between the truth and falsity within it.

I will always be grateful to ATS for allowing me to destroy ignorance every time I come across it.
edit on 28-2-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

*No need to remember this thread my friend so just smile and look at this interesting pen I have*

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
Brave of you to say this Slayer good on you!

This is a remarkable site saying that,but there are entities out to spoil that, as you have mentioned.

The thing is,we are presented with a gargantuan t&c page and yet the site isn't quite keeping its side of the deal and weeding out the shills and dis info resident 'stars',so it is just a case of coexisting.

I came on this site to generate some awareness about Planet X and its passage,which is the true cause of all the oddities being experienced on Earth now..anyway,from the very first post I was attacked and nothing was done about it,I was prevented from posting certain info (amongst a range of tactics) and the thread was shut down eventually.I usually like to tackle (IMO) sensitive Crux topics (so I bump into these lot more often than not) and I have also seen all I need to see,to know what is going on at this site and the many forums..this is not a dig at the outstanding efforts and revelations made by members..it's well,the truth!

ATS has turned into a scientific cult whereby other certain members try and bully their peers into a single way of thinking,making use of only half their brain ,let's not forget science can only explain what is perceivable in the 5senses and all else is not taken into consideration and as many know there is a whole other aspect of life which goes unseen.

In a sense this approach by the establishment should be flattering as we are clearly doing something right,to be targeted like this.

Ahh can't beat a morning rant! Love you really ATS have a good one!

Ah, a fellow believer of Nibiru, how refreshing!
hercolubus.tv...

This is no longer a conspiracy forum, imo. There's no acceptance of "fringe lunatic" theories as even an interesting possibility. In fact, I find the slogan Deny Ignorance insulting because anyone who thinks we actually "know" anything & uses "science" as their pedestal is delusional, imo.

Accept Everything, Believe Nothing.

I pray the end draws near & frees humanity from its earthly shackles.

Deny Bias!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

This is a remarkable site saying that,but there are entities out to spoil that, as you have mentioned.

The thing is,we are presented with a gargantuan t&c page and yet the site isn't quite keeping its side of the deal and weeding out the shills and dis info resident 'stars',so it is just a case of coexisting.

I came on this site to generate some awareness about Planet X and its passage,which is the true cause of all the oddities being experienced on Earth now..anyway,from the very first post I was attacked and nothing was done about it,I was prevented from posting certain info (amongst a range of tactics) and the thread was shut down eventually.I usually like to tackle (IMO) sensitive Crux topics (so I bump into these lot more often than not) and I have also seen all I need to see,to know what is going on at this site and the many forums..this is not a dig at the outstanding efforts and revelations made by members..it's well,the truth!

ATS has turned into a scientific cult whereby other certain members try and bully their peers into a single way of thinking,making use of only half their brain ,let's not forget science can only explain what is perceivable in the 5senses and all else is not taken into consideration and as many know there is a whole other aspect of life which goes unseen.

In a sense this approach by the establishment should be flattering as we are clearly doing something right,to be targeted like this.

hercolubus.tv...

This is no longer a conspiracy forum, imo. There's no acceptance of "fringe lunatic" theories as even an interesting possibility. In fact, I find the slogan Deny Ignorance insulting because anyone who thinks we actually "know" anything & uses "science" as their pedestal is delusional, imo.

Deny Bias!

I would hold more in your beliefs if I saw more of your skunkworrks/ outlandish posts.

Show me where we should go and I will happily go with you.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Slayer
All of these topics can be blown completely out of the water with the application of Occam's Razor. The only purpose they serve is to distract people from The Big One.

What does that mean? What is "The Big One"?

The big one is whether or not Slayer is the only real person on the site.....The rest being computer generated...

Occams Razor actually supports this theory, LoL!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

hercolubus.tv...

Deny Bias!

I would hold more in your beliefs if I saw more of your skunkworrks/ outlandish posts.

Show me where we should go and I will happily go with you.

I believe nothing is real & death is the only freedom available to us.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

So basically you are saying ...

Science can explain exactly how a fire starts...that is delusional.
Fringe science claims a fire is magic..that is logical.

To me the idea of Deny Ignorance is about Being informed. It doesn't mean blindly believing their is a rogue planet crashing through the solar system that no one has any legit proof of. It doesn't mean looking at a picture of some rocks and shadows on Mars and saying "that is clearly a relic" .

Deny Ignorance doesn't mean believe all conspiracies..just like not believing all conspiracies doesn't make someone a shill.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I don't see a reason to care strongly one way or another that there might be a rogue planet, or why fire is fire. Our existence is pointless, & clinging to ideas & provable facts is pointless & delusional imo.

Ignorance is in the eye of the beholder & imo is merely a representation of which ideas you hold more sacred than others. I believe that holding any idea sacred is an effort in futility.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Slayer

Talking about "redpilling" people in order to "open their eyes more effectively" to "The Big One"?

What kind of weird crypto-brownshirt bull# is that?

Tend to your own eyes.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Anyone who is content making $150,000 from owning and operating an LLC needs to look into other work. After fees, taxes and wages for however many employees, that leaves you with what? Probably a tin can asking for donations lol!

There is censorship here of course but they're also not hiding on the deep web. I don't understand all these complaints to be honest. It's like an oxymoron, those who profess to know everything, are the ones bitching that a website fully enmeshed in "the system" isn't playing fair.

....I mean wow. That's some great sleuthing there. Star for you.

I'm curious if that 150k if gross or net. Heck, a site this big might spend
$50k on just bandwidth.

I have to concur with your other points.

Kev

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Anyone who is content making $150,000 from owning and operating an LLC needs to look into other work. After fees, taxes and wages for however many employees, that leaves you with what? Probably a tin can asking for donations lol!

There is censorship here of course but they're also not hiding on the deep web. I don't understand all these complaints to be honest. It's like an oxymoron, those who profess to know everything, are the ones bitching that a website fully enmeshed in "the system" isn't playing fair.

....I mean wow. That's some great sleuthing there. Star for you.

I'm curious if that 150k if gross or net. Heck, a site this big might spend
$50k on just bandwidth.

Kev

A site this size with this many members....150k seems very very low. There are some big dog advertisers here and thats not cheap.
I would hope the owners are living large from the profits made here.
edit on 28-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Low? Surely you don't think running a forum will keep someone living on high? Id guess SO even has a real job...

There were a lot of comments in this thread about the $150k. 1stly, many don't seem to understand the concept of expenses, & 2ndly, the fact so many think $150k is even a lot of money proves the materialistic system of disparity in our world is working magnificently.

That being said, a public record solely showing the donations made & how they're being used would be fantastic & I would probably donate.

We don't need full disclosure of the sites finances, just the member contributions & their allocation. (Not individual member contributions, just the donations as a whole)
edit on 28-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

MY dot.com made $100,000 a month net for the first 3 years,
and it was an 8 page Microsoft Frontpage site until 2010.
I think I had 30 or so reciprocal links and was Google PR 6.
I've always been the only employee.

I imagine ATS is getting by somehow.. nearly anything I search
for on google with an 'interesting theme' pops up an ATS link
in the top 5 results.

If I had this much Internet dominance back in the day, I could
have bought out Microsoft!

But frankly, I'm stale on what it takes to run a successful
dot.com these days.. the Internet is all crapped up compared
to how it once was. It used to be you could buy some banners
or clicks and make a few thousand dollars a year advertising
nearly anything at all. Those days are long gone.

Kev

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

a reply to: opethPA

I don't see a reason to care strongly one way or another that there might be a rogue planet, or why fire is fire. Our existence is pointless, & clinging to ideas & provable facts is pointless & delusional imo.

Ignorance is in the eye of the beholder & imo is merely a representation of which ideas you hold more sacred than others. I believe that holding any idea sacred is an effort in futility.

Well great ..you don't care about life...other people to do..
Everyone can be happy enjoying their flavor of the human condition.

(post by WeAreAWAKE removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join