It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite cryptids and why you love them

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

haha my thought exactly!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
That's hard to say. I would say either Mothman or Beast of Bray Road. I don't even need to say why, it's so damn intriguing and such an intersting and scary story.

Popobawa, also Popo Bawa, is the name of an evil spirit, or shetani,[2] which is believed by residents to have first appeared on the Tanzanian island of Pemba. In 1995, it was the focus of a major outbreak of mass hysteria or panic which spread from Pemba to Unguja, the main island of the Zanzibar archipelago, and across to Dar es Salaam and other urban centres on the East African coast

Popobawa attacks men, women and children, and may attack all of the members of a household, before passing on to another house in the neighbourhood. Its nocturnal attacks can comprise simple physical assault and/or poltergeist-like phenomena; but most feared is sexual assault and the sodomising of adult men and women. Victims are often urged to tell others that they have been assaulted, and are threatened with repeat visits by Popobawa if they do not

...I'd rather have a romantic dinner with the beast of bray road.

I remind of an episode of Destination Truth where tey debunked this myth as a political strategy. The researches tracked down the sightings and events and noticed that they always happend close to the election of the country.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The thunderbird. Not too scary to meet and still fascinating

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The recent "Mantis Man" or Mantis alien spotted by several people unknown to each other, in New Jersey along a river.
Saw this on Monsters and Mysteries in America, and then searched online and found reports of it.

Strange, very strange.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The recent "Mantis Man" or Mantis alien spotted by several people unknown to each other, in New Jersey along a river.
Saw this on Monsters and Mysteries in America, and then searched online and found reports of it.

Strange, very strange.

Oooh, that sounds interesting. I'll have to research that one. Mantis are very cool.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
DRAGONS! See it says they exist right here in this APRIL FOOLS Edition of Nature Online!

www.nature.com...

Emerging evidence indicates that dragons can no longer be dismissed as creatures of legend and fantasy, and that anthropogenic effects on the world's climate may inadvertently be paving the way for the resurgence of these beasts.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What?:
The Jersey Devil Wikipedia Link

Why?:
Because I often feel we are related. At least if would explain my father's issues some anyway.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
my favourite cryptid is the Doolagahl aka yowie or australian big foot..
myself living in one of the wilder parts of australia i can imagine easily ape like creatures still existing roaming around the lands, have heard countless stories of people hearing great howlings in the valleys that didnt sound at all like dingoes and massive shapes on the hills at nights moving around, gives me the creeps now just thinking about them haha

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I would have to say, in no certain order, Bigfoot, lizardman, Flatwoods monster,
and in mythology Medusa and of course, the Kraken.

edit on 03/22/2015 by MonsterMash because: Misspelled

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The different ones ones I have met, they are friends, and I hope to meet them, or their relatives again when it is time ; )
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Easily the sasquatch. I've always been the ape guy. King Kong, Donkey Kong, and Planet of the Apes have all been near and dear to me for as long as I can remember. Dian Fossey has always been my hero. Hell, just look at the screenname. As an American, I can't exactly just find a bonobo just hanging outside my door, so the whole lore of bigfoot is right up my alley.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm going to have to go with Yeti.

Just because look at that magnificent snow beast

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Cadborosaurus, and Orange Pendek because I think they are the most likely cryptids to exist.

Mokele-mbembe is the cryptid I'd most like to exist because...dinosaur.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think aside from any possible dinosaurs that might still survive in bodies of water, I'm most interested in finding out what type of canine (or psychological phenomena) is really behind these werewolf sightings that persist in so many cultures from past to present. That would include the Beast of Bray Road stories.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My favourite is certainly werewolves, and my honest opinion is that anyone who doesn't accept their existence is in the worst kind of denial. Through genetics, I am actually 25% lycanthropic, as my grandfather on my father's side was a werewolf. But that's a story for another time.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SupernaturalScientist
My favourite is certainly werewolves, and my honest opinion is that anyone who doesn't accept their existence is in the worst kind of denial. Through genetics, I am actually 25% lycanthropic, as my grandfather on my father's side was a werewolf. But that's a story for another time.

You should post that in the gray area.

Werewolf stories are easily one of my favourite ones.

Btw here's a list of cool cryptids i really like:

-Werewolfs (or Wolfman.)
-Mantis-Man.
-Mothman.
-Burrunjour.
-Sasquatch.
-Lizard Man.
-Thylacine.
-Maltese tiger.
-Mokele mbembe.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I really love the Dover Demon, the Flatwoods Monster, the Moth Man, and the Kelly-Hopkinsville goblins simply because I think they're the strangest. I would have loved to see the Flatwoods Monster. The others may have scared me a little too much.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm boring when it comes to my cryptids.

Bigfoot and the yeti mostly. Also enjoy reading up on Megladon and other sea creatures.

But being Scottish my favourite has got to be Nessie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join