It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The answer to the most pressing question in the world today . The colour of that dress . Sarcasm off

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
More people are talking about the color of a dress than the unseen 300 pages of new internet regulations.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm horrible with PhotoShop, luckily Paint saved the day for me earlier:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I for one would like an explanation how it works, I heard the few going around but I still find it odd.

The whole topic of this dress thing is that it's viewed very differently , it's either blue and black or white and gold, it's a big difference , not a slight variation, and it's not photoshop.
I've see it mostly as black and blue but I've also seen it as white gold and change to black straight away, on the same photo.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoopyLou
I for one would like an explanation how it works, I heard the few going around but I still find it odd.

The whole topic of this dress thing is that it's viewed very differently , it's either blue and black or white and gold, it's a big difference , not a slight variation, and it's not photoshop.
I've see it mostly as black and blue but I've also seen it as white gold and change to black straight away, on the same photo.

& why anyone gives a flying # about that is beyond my level of comprehension.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LoopyLou

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The link is above if you want to discuss the colour of the dress .
edit on 28-2-2015 by hutch622 because: bloody keyboard wont do Ns

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I need to get this gif on my device, lol

Do you have to embed GIFs or can I just upload like a regular pic?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Never fear, Comprehension skills can be worked on!

It's called curiosity , why do some see it as one whilst others don't ? Why do some see it change before their eyes?

What's beyond my comprehension is why someone who doesn't give a flying F about it all would bother reading topics on it?
I hadn't spotted a thread on it yet so I popped in here but I see this thread must be for the grumpy gits to whine , misery sure does love some company. Enjoy!

Edit. Your snarky reply irked me so I went to see if I could find out what peaked your curiosity , it seems it's the types and amount of time you sneeze. Deep, real deep.

Live and let live
edit on 28-2-2015 by LoopyLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
There are different photos circulating as pertain to this subject.
Some are obviously blue and black.
Some look like white and a yellowish ochre.
My eyes are fine.
It's called photoshop filters. The photos being presented are not all the same.

Exactly. It has nothing AT ALL to do with a person's age or gender or "partial color blindness". There are several different photos. Nobody is seeing anything different about any one photo.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Nope, I see it as one it then changes within seconds to the other.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I didn't bother arguing about it LOL. If you throw the pic into a paint program and zoom in to the level of seeing the pixels, everyone sees the same colours. I tried it with my wife and a few other people that saw white and gold, so yeah, it's blue and an odd kind of black/gold/brown. Simplest way to "see" things as they actually are can sometimes be through reductionism.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I wish i could star the S out of your post.
Everyone like to act smart and "on top of things" and all ya need is a (ugly) dress to distract them from everything.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LoopyLou

I take a more die & let die stance on existence. I don't think you perused my post history very well, or the 3 threads on this topic very well if you think a thread I once authored about peoples sneezes has anything to do with anything.
edit on 28-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Edit. Your snarky reply irked me so I went to see if I could find out what peaked your curiosity , it seems it's the types and amount of time you sneeze. Deep, real deep.

Live and let live

Lol.... nice.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones huh?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think a lot of people are completely missing the point.

The fact that it is a dress is irrelevant. The color of it is even irrelevant. There is nothing out of the ordinary about the dress. If you saw it in real life it would not have this strange visual effect where the colors are perceived differently by different viewers.

The noise is about why some people with see gold when others see blue, on the same photo on the same screen, in the same room (just to clarify that) It is about how the perception of the colors is different to some.

It's actually a very interesting phenomenon which raises interesting questions. It must be caused by some kind of photoshop induced thing plus it looks like the original image was over-exposed. I can't seem to find a definite answer how it works.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Optical illusions have always fascinated humans. Explanations ranging trick of the light (which it is) to horcruxs and magic.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It seems to be working.........finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I am curious to know what the color of blood is? I mean it seems to me it could be blue, magenta, burgundy...etc. As far as I can tell the color of the "DRESS" is puke!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Living in the matrix one must always think outside of the box
I believe this to be a physiological experiment with multiple purposes.
This reminds me of the war of the worlds radio broadcast way back in the day.

It is possible that the image file has code in it that corresponds with the programming of the
nano technology in our body’s from the chemtrails.

The people who see gold and white are deeply programmed into the matrix. They have a very slim chance
of ever seeing the real world.

The people who see black and blue are not yet fully programmed. They have a chance to break out of the matrix.

The people who see purple/blue and brownish/black/gold are the people who can not be programmed.
This experiment also helps the secret government collect data.

This experiment also provides a feeling of not knowing what reality is in the subconscious for later use in the
grand scheme of things.
The image files could also contain a Trojan or virus.

Just some thoughts for you to ponder.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join