It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one is right, but democrats are a-holes.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Let me preface by saying I do not align with any political party. I do not like anyone in DC, I am split down the middle on the issues, etc. So this is not a "republican" talking against democrats, it's just a guy. Me- I'm pro gay, I think marijuana should be legalized, I believe in separation of church and state..etc.

I live in Utah - I grew up around many Mormons/christians, and am pretty accustomed to very conservative people in general. I don't align with all of the ideas, and what not but I believe I am surrounded by some decent people.

When I go online.. Though... The picture painted by left-leaning people is terribly wrong. " Abortions = Hell " is chanted much, MUCH LESS than " F**k Christians because they say abortions = hell "

I see shots fired from both sides, but overall I see MUCH more liberal crap shoved down my throat than I do conservative. I can hardly go to many forums other than this one and see intelligent debate because liberals are chanting " Hail Obama " while insisting that unemployment is at a record low, that our debt has been cut by a huge amount, and that we pulled all troops out of the middle east a long time ago.

Anyways.. I realize "choosing a side" is what's wrong with this nation in the first place, but as a person in the middle, I have to say a lot more liberals shove their crap down my throat ( even when I agree with them ) than do conservative/republican/christians.

- This is NOT about anyone in office, anyone in politics, I don't care who said what on live TV, this has nothing to do with the average citizen.

Keep it real, ATS. This is one of the last places I can go -

Deadlyhope
edit on 2-3-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: modified subject

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's the God given right of all humans to be #holes despite political affiliation.

Err I mean have #holes.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Keep it real, ATS. This is one of the last places I can go -

Deadlyhope

I wouldn't go unpacking my bags, if I were you.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Haha yeahhhh. I'm simply stating my experiences as a more neutral party - I'm surrounded by christians, but the topic of the day is very rarely abortion nor evolution nor anti-global warming statements - I'd definitely debate the stupid stuff that others CLAIM are said by them... I actually don't run into those fanatics very often ( I do! I definitely won't say it's never happened ) It's just much more common to run into the opposite.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

The thing about ATS is it's full of all walks of life - Always has been. I've seen topics on the top page from space travel, UFOS, aliens, NWO, to statements about the nation losing morality and honor ( recent topic ) and pro-creationist topics ( whether supported or refuted ) It's a good mixture that allows me to form my own opinion on matters rather than have anything crammed down my throat.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

a reply to: ProfessorChaos

The thing about ATS is it's full of all walks of life - Always has been. I've seen topics on the top page from space travel, UFOS, aliens, NWO, to statements about the nation losing morality and honor ( recent topic ) and pro-creationist topics ( whether supported or refuted ) It's a good mixture that allows me to form my own opinion on matters rather than have anything crammed down my throat.

While that is completely true, make sure you're familiar with navigating the site to avoid those very same 'shoving it down your throat' threads, because there's plenty of those.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Eunuchorn

Haha yeahhhh. I'm simply stating my experiences as a more neutral party - I'm surrounded by christians, but the topic of the day is very rarely abortion nor evolution nor anti-global warming statements - I'd definitely debate the stupid stuff that others CLAIM are said by them... I actually don't run into those fanatics very often ( I do! I definitely won't say it's never happened ) It's just much more common to run into the opposite.

I find discussing the outside world with anyone an excercise in futility.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I've noticed that the liberals seem to be far more vocal than most conservatives. I think they feel if they aren't convincing everyone that they are right, then they aren't winning. Of course I'm most likely wrong.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Life is to short to care about politics. Who cares about the gays, marijuana, left vs right, region, etc. Instead of wasting your time on these things, put that time towards something productive that will make you money, so that you can sit on the beach with your family after you've retired at age 30, sipping wine..
edit on 27-2-2015 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
Life is to short to care about politics. Who cares about the gays, marijuana, left vs right, region, etc. Instead of wasting your time on these things, put that time towards something productive that will make you money, so that you can sit on the beach with your family after you've retired at age 30, sipping wine..

Neither of your lists appeal to me

& life isn't short, it's unbearably long.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT Instead of wasting your time on these things, put that time towards something productive that will make you money, so that you can sit on the beach with your family after you've retired at age 30, sipping wine..

That sentiment used to be true, but now, that money that you think is going to be there for you, is going to be confiscated (redistributed, taxed away, whatever), and given to others, due to those politics that you weren't paying attention to.

I'm not saying that what you suggest doesn't have any merit, but just look at yesterday's events. The FCC approved 300 pages (that no one has been allowed to read) of new 'Net Neutrality' regulations, while almost everybody was consumed by what color a dress really was. Had more people taken an interest in what's going on in Washington, maybe we'd at least have an idea of what powers they just gave themselves.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Here's what decades of walking the path have shown me. Conservatism was co-opted by the greed of Corporatism. Corporatism caused Progressivism to go full retard and become Liberalism. Corporatism looked up what they had done and said, "This is good. Now when the people get tired of us emptying their pockets, we can give them Liberals to shove crap down their throats."

You may not like the way I said it ... but it's the truth.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Amen, long live the corporotacracy!

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

No one is right, but democrats are assholes.

So, you don't see your title as trolling and baiting some of the left leaning members?

It's very hard to criticize all ideologies and then insult other ATS members. See your disconnect.

edit on 27-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You have to take my posts into context, seeing things I say such as " In my experience" - Not saying it's universal - and " ATS is better than other sites " I actually inferred that democrats on ATS can take part in intelligent debates. That's why I'm posting this on ATS, just a vent, of my experiences with other websites.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I agree with your statement for the most part, though most people use words like capitalism ( the bad kind ) republican, and conservative interchangeably when this is not the case - At least in my opinion. Right-wing republican millionaires are a very bad group of people, yes, but representing conservative/religious groups does not mean religious groups/conservatives actually claim them as their leaders.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I think you're generalising a bit too much there...

I wouldn't call it a liberal or a conservative thing. I'd call it an individual thing.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
When you say "jam down my throat" do you mean "say something I don't agree with"? I am able to take your declaration of bipartisanship (or anti-partisanship) at face value, but I can see the same thing both ways. If I live in Chicago and happen to like football (but the Packers are my favorite team) I would feel bombarded with hate. I don't know, it just seems like you paraphrased this: "I hear things I don't agree with alot" and turned it into a Palin speech: "every word that's uttered is a liberal lie"

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Nope! I actually do not mean that. I mean if I am surfing a forum and someone says " I had an abortion " some angry christians come out, some compassionate christians come out, and some liberals come out. See a post that says " I am against abortion" You'll see some christians in agreement, and a whole big load of angry liberals come out. It's not just down my throat, it's how I see them interact with others.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Dude, you want one good piece of advice? I will give it: The true path is hard. The comfortable political alliances you have will lead you away from that extremely difficult right path of truth. That is true whether you are drawn to the right or left. Eventually your own path, if you stand with it, will make you a pariah to both. If you stand with the right, you will eventually find them siding with corporate interests dreaming of projecting powers that put Orwell's 1984 to shame, and you will have to back off. If you stand with the left, you will find them following highly manipulated Hollywood social justice narratives right into the hands of the enemies of real people. Both are absolutely corrupt. Only your own path, if you dare to follow it, is worth a damn.

Walk the hard path. I walked an easy path for quite awhile, but realized all the hell I would catch for standing with what I believed was real was worth it in a spiritual sense in the end. But it was sooooooo worth it. Please, do the same for yourself: You deserve absolutely nothing less than the truth in its purest form.

PEace!
edit on 27-2-2015 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join