It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 things you think you know about Jesus that are probably wrong

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

The WORD isn't the Creator, not even the most simple minded should see this.

No dwelling has been seen here, Glory does not hinder or help anything, the Son, the Father, all irrelevant, and also a non-starter to finding out truth.

Grace has no place here, Glory will not find out truth.

Christ is not a person, not even a properly named energy or mantra.

No master exists who can exhibit anything of value to anything.

No slave shall have a master, nothing is real, or even remotely near truth with such MIND BLOWING narrow mindedness.

It will take AMAZING effort not to allow the poor religious to descend into the very depths of what they believe others are destined for, problem is they already gladly have at least one foot in this never ending slowly spiraling downwards grave.

The God they so badly wish exists, cannot even near them for they have been so badly damaged they would not see it even if present in a nuclear explosion a 100 feet in front of them.

SO much more is possible for those that would look, but a very heavy presence darkens the door of those who believe in ALL spirituality, it is something not covered in any religions, or dogmas, and therefore they know nothing of Creation, and never will.........

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Cornelius Tacitus (AD55-120) Roman historian
Suetonius
Pliny the younger
Tallus
Phlegon
Mara Bar-Serapion
Josephus Ben Matthias
Lucian of Samosate
The Babylonian Talmud

there are some sources for you...
But you seek to disprove I say...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

the Word is Jesus who is the Creator, He who hung each star and called them each by name...

But you go ahead and speak against him if that makes you feel better about yourself...

long after you are dust and your mouth silenced he will remain this is the insignificance of you and your lies...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

To those who wallow in the willfull ignorance of total belief in that which can never be verified to them, that have felt the powers of magic beyond their ability to see the mechanisms, that believe it to be CHRIST billowing in them, realize this,

YOU CANNOT and WILL NOT stop the truth, anymore than the junkie on the street who tells his fables.

IN THE END, such a shock will come to the soul of the Believer, for he will only realize that his OPERATING SYSTEM, can never read the files of anything outside his sandboxed clouded mind.

These seem like attacks, but yet they are calls for MORE, unfortunately the crowned Christians have actually taken steps forwards, and in other areas taken many back, but the worst part of all, they are now CROWNED with the responsibility to remain as completely lost as everyone else, living in total delusion that something better is on the way for them.

Those of us who have seen SO much farther than the Christians look towards the hopeless weakened souls, and wonder, Why is it they are so completely lost, who is it REALLY that has taken them for fools ????

Defenses of all kinds are setup at the ready to protect the wondering Christian from finding out they are Stymied, but be dam sure that some exist that will walk through it like it was never there at all.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Suetonius
Pliny the younger
Tallus
Phlegon
Mara Bar-Serapion
Josephus Ben Matthias
Lucian of Samosate
The Babylonian Talmud

Not one of them was contemporaneous to the dates Jesus is alleged to have lived making them utterly worthless as historical evidence proving that Jesus lived. You do understand, don't you, that you have to actually be alive at the same time as the person in question to witness that person living and document that person's existence?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

So my great great great grandfather never existed?
Ya that's what I thought...
Recorded history is passed along just like today

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

the Word is Jesus who is the Creator, He who hung each star and called them each by name...

But you go ahead and speak against him if that makes you feel better about yourself...

long after you are dust and your mouth silenced he will remain this is the insignificance of you and your lies...

I wonder when someone is going to prove any of this, when those of us who actually have decided we can ACTUALLY follow the teachings and not dedicate ourselves to being nothing.

I have seen and felt things that tell an amazingly different tale, that this Universe alone has so much MORE going on than your paltry beliefs would tell.

And in that mindset, that area of raw truth, we see that Christianity is a very devious shackle, a prison for those who think they are progressing onwards, but actually are stopped dead in the tracks, and loving every minute of it.

No amount of prayers or mouthed words to that which you know nothing of can stop the REAL truth from coming, face it you have ALL THE SURPRISES IN THE WORLD coming to you guys, you will be blubbering probably worse than those you profess to help.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: hidingthistime

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Maybe the real thing the Vatican is guarding is how they're the absolute apostate church in this world filled with evil and liars? The Vatican being taken as a serious source on ANYTHING to do with Jesus is utterly laughable. Utterly. They're liars and false prophets, especially their pope with his assumed authority.

They're the Pagan sect of true Christians and most Christians know this. They worship idols and hoard wealth, if people can't see them as the blatant enemy of Christians everywhere, that's a sin in itself.

SPOT ON!

All the child abuse, pegan holidays etc... they are the anti Messiah, they put themselves on the throne of the creator... They paint themselves as an angel of light, pretty blatant, have to be truly blind to not see it!

Pegan? This is hilarious.

Hilarious how exactly??? Expand on your thoughts. Make me see the error of my ways if there be any...

This was your post: "All the child abuse, pegan holidays etc... they are the anti Messiah, they put themselves on the throne of the creator... They paint themselves as an angel of light, pretty blatant, have to be truly blind to not see it! "

First of all, it's spelled pagan not pegan. Secondly, what messiah? Your myths do not constitute fact. What creator? Again, your myths do not constitute fact. What angel of light? Again, your myths do not constitute fact. That you think your myths constitute fact is hilarious.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I do not own them, the Vatican does...
The roman records are fairly well known to mankind no mystery there...
You would need access to the vault for the others...

The Vatican has them is a sooper seekrit vault? Let me guess, is that the same one as the Ark of the Covenant?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Why are you the one blubbering in the now? spewing your nothingness produces just that...
I'm afraid I can't help you nor will the God you turn your back on and worse attempt to keep others from doing so...
but why have you not provided proof against the teachings of Christ?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I do not own them, the Vatican does...
The roman records are fairly well known to mankind no mystery there...
You would need access to the vault for the others...

So ... no evidence then.

Right.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

the ark of the covenant is in heaven and will return with Christ...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

the ark of the covenant is in heaven and will return with Christ...

???? Why did it vanish from the Bible then? Why do people even claim that the Bible has historical credence, when it doesn't?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

seek to find whatever you wish and you shall...

try and find fault in the teachings of Christ I challange all to do so...when you fail,bow down to your most worthy Master!
then receive your rewards which await all whom do so...
That's what's real,and the greatest truth there is...

I would gladly burn before I would bow before your fairy tale deity.

Use your brain, deny ignorance, learn to discover evidence, and find the facts.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Suetonius
Pliny the younger
Tallus
Phlegon
Mara Bar-Serapion
Josephus Ben Matthias
Lucian of Samosate
The Babylonian Talmud

That is a list of historians not sources.

(Well, the Babylonian Talmud isn't a historian, per se. Neither is it first century and contemporaneous with "Jesus."

So again ... no evidence for your claim.

Gotcha.

edit on 4Sat, 28 Feb 2015 04:02:01 -060015p042015266 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

What would you call the ancient evidence they provide?

In 2000 years do you think someone will be able to show documentation of your existence?

Where is your claim against the truth of christs teachings?

can you tell me what historians do please?
edit on 28-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Add

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Did Pontius Pilate exist? He's in the bible...
There is some historical credence for you...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

What would you call the ancient evidence they provide?

In 2000 years do you think someone will be able to show documentation of your existence?

Where is your claim against the truth of christs teachings?

can you tell me what historians do please?

Not contemporaneous truth of Jesus Christ, for one.

I don't plan to start a religion.

I haven't made any claims against the "truths" of "Christ's" teachings here.

Historians study history.

Are the gods Hercules and Zeus also real because they are discussed and referred to as actual beings who did actual things in the historical record?

(Well, I guess Herc was actualy a demi-god or hero, but you get the idea.)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Ever hear of the Nephilim?
Very smart individuals are starting to discover some myths may actually be quite acurate based on actual evidence...

And seeing then that historians study history whom mention Jesus well maybe you can manage to figure out what that means...

But I'm not holding my breath...

edit on 28-2-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Add

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Ever hear of the Nephilim?
Very smart individuals are starting to discover some myths may actually be quite acurate based on actual evidence...

?????? What actual evidence? There isn't any.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join