It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 things you think you know about Jesus that are probably wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Woman did not cut thier hair, so it would often reach the ground.
Men, shoulder lenth was not cosidered long hair.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Jesus was not married. Not by a long shot. He's coming back for his bride. Are you also claiming he's an adulterer?
The primus-resurrecsurit are his bride.

If he weren't hung on a cross why did he ask his follower to check his HANDS to see the marks?

This is utter nonsense and not Biblical at all.

What a surprise all the other posts by the author are things like.

10 reasons Christian heaven would actually be hell

so on and so on...... Boring.

a reply to: Gryphon66

So..... You don't think the Bible should be taken as an authoritative text on Jesus' validity? Okay.......

Also I'm guessing you know this, he was crucified as a testament to God being outside of time, as when it was mentioned of his in the old testament, crucifixion was not a punishment.

You need to learn how to separate the Jesus of history from the Jesus of the bible. It is a hard thing to do, but it is necessary if one wants to look at this objectively. You can't ignore logical assumptions and theories by running to the bible for factual evidence. The bible is mostly made up of mythologies and allegories.

Maybe the real thing the Vatican is guarding is how they're the absolute apostate church in this world filled with evil and liars? The Vatican being taken as a serious source on ANYTHING to do with Jesus is utterly laughable. Utterly. They're liars and false prophets, especially their pope with his assumed authority.

They're the Pagan sect of true Christians and most Christians know this. They worship idols and hoard wealth, if people can't see them as the blatant enemy of Christians everywhere, that's a sin in itself.

Going by that logic, most existing churches could be considered apostate congregations simply due to the fact that early Christianity, under Jesus and his brother James, was arguably a sect of Judaism itself (and not a separate religion with its own beliefs and practices, as Christianity currently is). That isn't even mentioning the fact that many existing Christian denominations have their roots in schisms with the Catholic Church, which had, itself, influenced the beliefs, practices and holy texts of Christianity over the centuries. If the Catholic Church is the enemy of Christianity, so too, is every denomination it has spawned or directly influenced.

In my opinion, if a Christian truly wants to walk like Jesus and follow the teachings, they are going to have to convert to Judaism and apply the use of some contemporary practices of early Christianity.
edit on 27-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

This is a work of fiction...
Jesus was born in a Cave not a stable or a house...
The location is known to few and is well guarded...
Jesus carried the top member of his cross which he was later nailed to and lifted on top of a post already in the ground... The shape therefore was a t until a sign was attached to the top from the backside and it became the shape of the cross known to Christians...
The truth is already known...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

While Christians will one day worship in the third temple in similar fashion of the past, all Jews will one day be Christians...

WORD!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

If said cave was used to shelter animals then we could also call it a stable.

Jews will one day be Christians

I'd love to see Netanyahu's face when he hears about that.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
According to the Bible, the first supposed savior is actually the antichrist.

Jesus, the first savior. Hmm... Don't argue the Bible!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

well you are right... it was a stable in that sense...just not a building like in popular pictures...

I don't think he would be surprised to hear something he already knows, but the time is not yet come...

Scripture will be fulfilled...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Considering there are absolutely no Roman records on the life and times of Jesus, I am assuming these things are based on oh, I don't know, SPECULATION?

The new testament is considered the only reliable source of information on him . There is also the gospel of Thomas as used by the Ethiopian orthodox folk.

Anything else is hearsay.
edit on 27-2-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there
rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be
reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

~ Matthew 5:24

edit on 27-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
To me it’s irrelevant the minute history of Jesus. I like to seek out the meaning of Jesus.

What is the true spiritual meaning of the Messiah?

What is the true meaning behind the essential mythology of the story?

His meaning of his relationship with John the Baptist

Mary Magdalene the 12 disciples and the real meaning, mythologically speaking, of the crucifixion... not his death for to me his death was but a mythological reference to the lot of human kinds death or crucifixion in this life

Being crucified means the experience of the fall of man into spiritual darkness

We are all Christ on the cross by virtue of being born in this world and sucked into its negativity

On a higher level the story is basically a solar myth. NOT ASTROLOGICAL but Solar as related to the 12 disciples( planets or states) and Virgin Mary as the Sun and the Christ as the moon of that sun.

SO what does that tell us? It tell us that there are 12 bodies (12 disciples) or planets of light that revolve around the sun (Virgin Mary)

There’s much more but this is probably not the time and place for this

I'll only say that to know something about Jesus shun sectarian dogma and authority of the clerics that's sure to lead to ignorance.

Seek to understand the mythological reality behind the allegorical aspects of Jesus' story and tradition

If you do that sincerely I believe one will get real knowledge not authority based dogma which is of little use.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Maybe the real thing the Vatican is guarding is how they're the absolute apostate church in this world filled with evil and liars? The Vatican being taken as a serious source on ANYTHING to do with Jesus is utterly laughable. Utterly. They're liars and false prophets, especially their pope with his assumed authority.

They're the Pagan sect of true Christians and most Christians know this. They worship idols and hoard wealth, if people can't see them as the blatant enemy of Christians everywhere, that's a sin in itself.

SPOT ON!

All the child abuse, pegan holidays etc... they are the anti Messiah, they put themselves on the throne of the creator... They paint themselves as an angel of light, pretty blatant, have to be truly blind to not see it!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Considering there are absolutely no Roman records on the life and times of Jesus, I am assuming these things are based on oh, I don't know, SPECULATION?

The new testament is considered the only reliable source of information on him . There is also the gospel of Thomas as used by the Ethiopian orthodox folk.

Anything else is hearsay.

Uh..not a word was written about Jesus until two generations after he allegedly lived (and that includes the New Testament). No one who could possibly have witnessed Jesus living or saying anything wrote a word about him.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

SPOT ON!

All the child abuse, pegan holidays etc... they are the anti Messiah, they put themselves on the throne of the creator... They paint themselves as an angel of light, pretty blatant, have to be truly blind to not see it!

Pegan? This is hilarious.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Jesus calls believers his bride? So his "bride" consists of not only males, but numerous males. Homosexuality?

He also calls many women his bride. Adultery? Yeah , the whole thing about the church being his bride doesn't make a whole lot of sense, both logically and theologically when you consider other doctrines of Christianity.

Its an expansion on or of the term. Get your head out of the gutter.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

there are indeed roman records of Jesus Christ from Rome during his illegal trial,there are also census records which show his mother and earthly father and himself, if he had siblings they had not been born...
there are also records of him in Scotland and Tibet...

Jesus walked the Earth...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Being crucified means the experience of the fall of man into spiritual darkness

The connotations of crucifixion and spiritual darkness are satanic by their very nature.

We are all Christ on the cross by virtue of being born in this world and sucked into its negativity

Not all are "Christ on the cross". Some keep on their feet and seek the positives in our world.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: markosity1973

there are indeed roman records of Jesus Christ from Rome during his illegal trial,there are also census records which show his mother and earthly father and himself, if he had siblings they had not been born...
there are also records of him in Scotland and Tibet...

Jesus walked the Earth...

I don't suppose you can provide us with actual links to information on those Roman trial records?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I do not own them, the Vatican does...
The roman records are fairly well known to mankind no mystery there...
You would need access to the vault for the others...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

seek to find whatever you wish and you shall...

try and find fault in the teachings of Christ I challange all to do so...when you fail,bow down to your most worthy Master!
then receive your rewards which await all whom do so...
That's what's real,and the greatest truth there is...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: hidingthistime

SPOT ON!

Pegan? This is hilarious.

Hilarious how exactly??? Expand on your thoughts. Make me see the error of my ways if there be any...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join