It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 things you think you know about Jesus that are probably wrong

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Wolfenz
Ok Ill throw Some Logs in

Keep Stoking that Fire !

Council of Nicaea

How the Council of Nicea Changed the World
www.livescience.com...

Jesus Tomb

The Lost Tomb of Jesus
en.wikipedia.org...

and

Holy Blood Holy Grail
rationalwiki.org...

Just Some Random Websites ...

Good idea. I'm familiar with Holy Blood Holy Grail and the Council of Nicea but, to entice those who are unfamiliar, you might want to provide a brief description of the information provided by those sources.

thanks ... I have done that ...many times over placing Brief Descriptions in.. if you see my posts in other threads

but for Someone that does NOT know the Council of Nicea Nor The Book Blood Holy Grail... that goes to Sunday Church every Sunday

well...

They Shouldn't be in the Christianity Sect At all... if those People Do not want to into the Roots from which It Originally Came

Well as you have said... a Short Brief ...

Council of Nicea
IN A.D. 325, Emperor Constantine Requested 300 Christian Priest from all over his Empire with all their materials Scriptures to Cannons to gather to his Domain .. and Decides what what Should & Shouldn't as ( The Book of Enoch for one ) be Placed in the Bible and what & when, Holidays , Feast, Events ( Jesus Birth & Death and Rising )( to be within the Christian Year whether or not Jesus to be a Divine ... be Placed ..

What occurred at the Council of Nicea?
www.gotquestions.org...

Holy Blood Holy Grail

The Book ... is about Jesus as a Normal Man a Married Man (Mary Magdalene ) with Child , that escaped to what is called Now France .. and Mary taking Over and teaching Jesus Teachings Throughout Europe and the Blood Line Mingles with the Royal Blood Line ... of Europe .. and what is considered the Holy Grail is Actually Jesus Blood Lineage passed down.. a Non Fiction Book... actually a follow Up of a BBC ( Chronicle ) Documentary of the Same name that has been Debated for Decades ..

ATEXT READ from the Archives.org ( download it )

"Holy Blood,Holy Grail"
archive.org...

Then You Have the Something that May have a Little Credibility of what the Holy Blood and Holy Grail is About

The TOMB of Jesus

A Documentary

A Group of Ossuarys found that is claimed to be Jesus The Christ family on them His Mother Adopted father , Uncle Brother && Mary ( the Ex Prostitute ) and Their SON and the Journey to the History and Location of those Ossuarys ( a Jewish Bone Box ) were found in the early 80s to the One that was Missing from the Tomb found and all Placed in the Israel of Antiquity's Warehouse .. ( No not like Indiana Jones Placement of Ark of the Covenant LOL ) But kinda Similar .. Tho Director James Cameron was involved with the Movie

Jesus tomb found, says film-maker
Ossuary found in Jerusalem
A documentary claims this is the ossuary of Jesus Christ
Jesus had a son named Judah and was buried alongside Mary Magdalene, according to a new documentary by Hollywood film director James Cameron.
news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 22015TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago361 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

I don't find the other two credible but the Council of Nicea certainly took place and it was during that gathering that it was voted to make Jesus divine. It surprises me, too, that Christians know so little about the history of their own religion. I think part of the reason is, of course, that they were not taught about it. Another part of the reason is that some are simply incapable of doing real research. The third reason is that the more intelligent ones don't want to know. They don't want to confront actual facts that will undermine their fragile beliefs.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I should have said I'm horrified not surprised that Christians know so little about the history of their own religion.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I don't find the other two credible but the Council of Nicea certainly took place and it was during that gathering that it was voted to make Jesus divine. It surprises me, too, that Christians know so little about the history of their own religion. I think part of the reason is, of course, that they were not taught about it. Another part of the reason is that some are simply incapable of doing real research. The third reason is that the more intelligent ones don't want to know. They don't want to confront actual facts that will undermine their fragile beliefs.

I Understand ... about the Debatable credibility.. of the two Holy Blood Holy Grail, The Jesus Tomb.. I really do..

Just waiting for some more things to come out to the Surface ..

there was Also another Council of Nicea in the 6th Century a More Advance a more Complete Setting..

Most Christians Did not Read or Acknowledge or even know about ... the Left out Cannons & Scriptures that do Exist

Well here is a Thread Here on ATS .. Where ATS members Discuss about those lost Books !

Why books were left out of the bible?
page: 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some of those Books were Also Called Apocrypha Books

Apocrypha Books
www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

( King James Version )

Keep this in mind when reading the following apocryphal books. Martin Luther said, "Apocrypha--that is, books which are not regarded as equal to the holy Scriptures, and yet are profitable and good to read." (King James Version Defended page 98.)

The word 'apocrypha' means 'hidden.' Fragments of Dead Sea Scrolls dating back to before 70 A.D. contained parts of the apocrypha books in Hebrew, including Sirach and Tobit

1 Esdras 2 Esdras Tobit Judith Additions to Esther Wisdom of Solomon Ecclesiasticus Baruch Letter of Jeremiah Prayer of Azariah Susanna Bel and the Dragon Prayer of Manasseh 1 Maccabees 2 Maccabees

They were not taught about it in my Personal Opinion.. For many Reasons..

Book Of Enoch
en.wikipedia.org...

DEAD SEA SCROLLS TEXTS

The Book of Giants
www.gnosis.org...

Significantly, the remnants of several almost complete copies of The Book of Enoch in Aramaic were found among the Dead Sea Scrolls, and it is clear that whoever collected the scrolls considered it a vitally important text. All but one of the five major components of the Ethiopic anthology have turned up among the scrolls. But even more intriguing is the fact that additional, previously unknown or little-known texts about Enoch were discovered at Qumran. The most important of these is The Book of Giants.

Book ( Gospel ) of Mary
en.wikipedia.org...

The Gospel of Mary is an apocryphal book discovered in 1896 in a 5th-century papyrus codex. The codex Papyrus Berolinensis 8502 was purchased in Cairo by German scholar Karl Reinhardt. Although the work is popularly known as the Gospel of Mary, it is not canonical nor is it technically classed as a gospel by scholastic consensus. For example, Andrew Bernhard notes in his text-critical edition of non-canonical gospels that "the term 'gospel' is used as a label for any written text that is primarily focused on recounting the teachings and/or activities of Jesus during his adult life"

Some are Afraid .. that it would shake their foundations of their faith..

Just as Astrophysicist & Cosmologist Neil Degrasse Tyson has Claims there was quite a few in Science that stopped at their Boundary of their Faith and Beliefs ... and went no further as they could of..

Some Early Scientist only went so far because of the Religious Beliefs

Especially Astronomers and Archeologist ...

One that Challenged His own Faith in Boundary's of Science is Issac Newton ... ( Neil Degrasse Tyson's Idol )

tho he was in a Secret Society called

Priory of Sion
en.wikipedia.org...

Others ...... Léonardo da Vinci , Robert Boyle ,

Tho this has been claimed to be a Hoax and debunked but certain journalist

While Others have their Own Beliefs in the Status ...

edit on 32015WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago362 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Listing people who questioned their beliefs, mentioning the Priory of Sion, etc. is fine, but the topic is Jesus and things people know about him that are not fact. What did those people have to say about the topic at hand?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Not sure if this is conspiracy or just folklore but thought it was interesting.

No man it's all true. And the conspiracy part is that the global elite planned this new age for the time for it to be exposed, so even with the surge of information from the internet and computer era, it makes you think, it may have been possible for them to continue the secrets and lies throughout history, but man has been inquiring the truth to the situation for about 200 years, a small fraction compared to the amount of time that it was merely impossible to discover the truth to the origins of religion.

I have personally discovered that not all the Dead Sea Scrolls were written before the time of Jesus, but a large amount of the extremely vast library are specific literature from the time of Jesus with reference to Jesus. But it was written in a Jewish style, it also encompasses the Old Testament. It is just as if we would imagine it to be without the Romans coming into the picture, without the apostle Paul. It has been a great roller coaster ride to see the elite cover up the scrolls, then finding the correlations myself.

But be careful even in your investigation of the scrolls. Every media broadcast done by any national media station like PBS about the scrolls is all false. I have been frustrated in seeing the constant cover up and withhold of information. For example, many internet website claim to have translation of the Community Rule scroll - but they all have left out the part relating to the scripture of Jesus, which is column 4, you will not find a translation of column 4 anywhere, and it is the best, it shows how they always keep the best information, they always keep the truth from us, the people they would rather have believe in a lie.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: greyer

yeah sure.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: greyer

So what is the translation of the scriptures by Jesus in the dead sea scrolls? Keep in mind Jesus was a common name. There was another Jesus who helped with the book of Wisdom (which is not in the Bible anymore).

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Dunno about the scrolls, but I reckon I've got something here...

Akhu (A'akh, Akh, Khu, Ikhu) - This was the immortal part, the radiant and shining being that lived on in the Sahu, the intellect, will and intentions of the deceased that transfigured death and ascended to the heavens to live with the gods or the imperishable stars. The Akhu came in to being after the deceased passed judgement after death, and the Ka and Ba united. Bunson notes that the akhu "could assume human form to visit the earth at will. [ref]

Egyptian name: Akhenaten
Hebrew symbol: אחו

Name: Esau
Herbrew: עשו

Talk about myth-busting, eh?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio
Dunno about the scrolls, but I reckon I've got something here...

Akhu (A'akh, Akh, Khu, Ikhu) - This was the immortal part, the radiant and shining being that lived on in the Sahu, the intellect, will and intentions of the deceased that transfigured death and ascended to the heavens to live with the gods or the imperishable stars. The Akhu came in to being after the deceased passed judgement after death, and the Ka and Ba united. Bunson notes that the akhu "could assume human form to visit the earth at will. [ref]

Egyptian name: Akhenaten
Hebrew symbol: אחו

Name: Esau
Herbrew: עשו

Talk about myth-busting, eh?

How does this "bust" a myth and which myth? How does it relate to Jesus?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Listing people who questioned their beliefs, mentioning the Priory of Sion, etc. is fine, but the topic is Jesus and things people know about him that are not fact. What did those people have to say about the topic at hand?

Good Question .... Tangerine

Though this would be So Much, in Discussions of Newtons View.. of Religion and Occult

It Could Go into its Own Thread Here on ATS

Religious views of Isaac Newton
en.wikipedia.org...

Isaac Newton's occult studies
en.wikipedia.org...

How Isaac Newton Worked
science.howstuffworks.com...

Newton also believed that mainstream Roman Catholicism, Anglicanism and Calvinism were heretical and corrupt. He thought that the Holy Trinity, one of the main doctrines of orthodox Christianity, wasn't in line with the beginnings of early Christianity. He was influenced in this regard by an obscure theological notion called Arianism.

Arianism states that Jesus, while created by God, was not divine. Believers in Arianism, Newton included, feel that the Holy Trinity actually represents a heresy that the Council of Nicaea, in the 4th century, mistakenly made part of Christian dogma. Critics of Arianism have said that it encourages polytheism, since it casts Jesus as less than divine but still deserving of worship [source: Britannica].

Here is a Ditto On The Thread...

6 Things You Should Know About Isaac Newton
mentalfloss.com...

. He liked that Olde Time Religion (Very Olde Time!)

Newton was born into a Puritan-leaning Anglican family. By the time he was thirty, however, he was a secret heretic. While Newton was a deist and believed fiercely in a single God who created the universe and its natural laws, he could not reconcile traditional Christian trinitarianism with reason. Although he conformed outwardly with the Church of England for the sake of his social and academic positions, most scholars agree that Newton believed in Arianism - an ancient, virtually extinct Christian sect that denied the equal divinity of Jesus and God. Newton believed that worshipping Christ was a form of idolatry, and denied the existence of the Devil. Ironically, Newton was buried in Westminster Abbey - the spiritual heart of the church whose doctrines he rejected, even though he refused the sacrament on his deathbed.

edit on 52015FridayfAmerica/Chicago364 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Newton had his failings as he was not Born Again.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

How does this "bust" a myth and which myth? How does it relate to Jesus?

I'm presenting Esau as a possible name, it makes more sense.

Akhenaten fits very well into the concept of Christ, which in all honesty was probably Egyptian in the first place. It looks like an old story told many, many times and the story of Jesus is just yet another one. That is to say that, if ever there was such a guy 2,000 years ago then the Egyptians already had an idea of it. Who knows?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

Why do you feel that is the case? Just curious.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

Lots of people know. Just not you, apparently.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Because he wouldn't have any doubts about the Holy Trinity, if he was Born Again.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Because he wouldn't have any doubts about the Holy Trinity, if he was Born Again.

I personally think that is a ridiculous conclusion to draw. I have been baptized, yet I have contemplated the nature of Christ, and subjected the notion of the trinity to serious personal inquiry. Are you suggesting such a gifted Christian as Newton was not saved simply because he might not have shared your ideas about the trinity? If he believed Jesus was the Messiah, died on the cross for the sins of the world, and was raised from the dead, is that not enough for you?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Lots of people know. Just not you, apparently.

I've always heard this stuff which was made up to hide some truth. Excuse me for not bothering myself to learn anything of this for 30 years. If there are anything such facts then it's high time that they are taught in schools rather than spreading myth.

For example, just look at this thread. A lengthy debate as to what may or not be true...and apparently you know something which "lots of people" already knew, but didn't want to say. Talk about hypocrisy.

I'm having to figure things out for myself since nobody can be bothered to be honest about anything nowadays.

edit on 6-3-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

It IS taught in schools. Go to college or university and study ancient history, classics, or any relevant field. There is a reason why scholars generally agree that the new testament is based on a real person, and it's not just because of what is written in the new testament.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

I have doubts about what you have said so far (antitheist).

Sorry was that you saying you're doubting I am an antitheist? Heh....

I don't get that often here.

Anyways. I am catching up on posts here. I'll try an respond soon to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join