It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Members Be Required To Have An Avatar?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I've wanted to have an avatar since joining ATS, but figured I had to have a certain amount of points accumulated since I don't seem to be able to load an avatar whenever I've tried.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Eunuchorn

It's Usually Trolls who don't seem to have Avatars , they like to " Hit And Run " here alot I noticed...........

That's a shill, actually

A troll will typically take great pride in name recognition.

As to setting an avatar, I think you have to upload the photo to ATS, then copy paste the direct link into the correct section of your MyProfile area. It's a process with a slight learning curve, there are several threads dedicated to it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I do agree with you that Creating an Avatar in 2015 is somewhat more Complicated then it was Back In the Day.................

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
No avatar,I am not blue.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

LoL, Id rather you have no avatar pic than one that referenced that pos movie.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
To anyone that wants to join the avatar side......We accept you....One of us...One of us....

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenElf
I've wanted to have an avatar since joining ATS, but figured I had to have a certain amount of points accumulated since I don't seem to be able to load an avatar whenever I've tried.

Unless they've changed things, I believe anyone can have an avatar, regardless of post count. Use the 'uploads' page to upload your image, then set it and adjust colors and whatnot from your account settings page. Easy Peasy.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I did have one at the start when you could just link to any old image (you may still be able to - i have not bothered looking) but it went away years ago and I couldn't be bothered looking how to replace it.

Why do you feel you need an avatar?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
My mood is iconoclastic, thats why I don't have one.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Nope.

Don't have one, don't need one and in the settings I turned all of yours off so I dont see any.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
delete
edit on 28-2-2015 by GreenElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: GreenElf

Unless they've changed things, I believe anyone can have an avatar, regardless of post count. Use the 'uploads' page to upload your image, then set it and adjust colors and whatnot from your account settings page. Easy Peasy.

Okay, I located the upload page,
edit on 28-2-2015 by GreenElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Mine is just invisible. Only those with special powers can see it. There's quite a few of us on here with them.

I have a guess. Is your avatar nibiru?

XL5

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Should people be required to share their political and religious leanings to the govt? It would tell the govt. a lot about who the person is! Honestly its too easy to judge others by their avatar, people with avatars get more stars and some don't care. If it takes an avatar to be liked an respected, then its not worth gaining that respect.

Many people who come to this site think outside the box and thus, do not conform to social norms, it doesn't make them any less worthy of respect.

Required is a bad word to non-conformists. Its like saying you must do the same as every one else or you are not one of us.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is the most complected site for an avatar.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Being Texasgirl I have a hard time finding an avatar that fits with the name and that I like so right now I don't have one. Cutesy cowgirls just don't work for me.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I've been trying to install an avatar. So far no joy. Will keep trying.

I suspect others are having the same struggles as me.

With all due respect to the owners and staff of ATS ; upgrading this site with current technology code would help make this site more user friendly with regards to posting and installing charts, videos, avatars, etc.. I do realize it takes money and time to do an upgrade.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Cutesy cowgirls just don't work for me.

There are ugly cowgirls too, you know..

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
No... nobody should be required to have one.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join