It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Members Be Required To Have An Avatar?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

by not having an avatar I am projecting "something about myself" (truth)

A copy and paste image is not me and says nothing about me.

That is why someone randomly sticking some sort of image in my "box space" wouldn't

affect me.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

It is not the title......It is the arrogant I know what is good for you feel. It reminds me of progressive liberals and how they know what is best for you.
I
I bet you often tell others how they should act and what is best for them.......Am I right.....Be honest.

Yea, keep on voting buddy, the (insert partisan politics group) is lucky to have you.

Where did I say anything about knowing what is good for other people? I said I like associating people's words with an avatar, name, & signature. You have issues dude.

Tell people how they should act & what's best for them, Hmm. I actually just talk about how our global society is, as a whole, broken beyond repair & disgustingly long term conditioned, & the only solution is the obliteration of every human on the planet.

No, I don't tell people what to do & how to feel because nothing should exist anyways. Stop projecting onto me.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I find some avatars irritating. I turn the display of them off most of the time.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Troll......No.....Paid shill......Nah.........Progressive liberal trying to make people conform........BINGO.

What exactly is a progressive liberal? I'm 27 & have never voted nor given politics of any level a first or second thought.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with politics......It has everything to do with mindset. I bet you are part of the everybody wins generation this entire thread smells of it.

Bottom line I hate when people try and make others conform.

edit on 27-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Most of us find it pretty easy to follow a thread without ever even noticing avatars.

Maybe those who are having difficulty should be sent to the equivalent ATS nursery slopes until they can do the same.

To the OP . If you insist on being "Jumped up " , then be prepared to be jumped on ... You dig ????

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with politics......It has everything to do with mindset. I bet you are part of the everybody wins generation this entire thread smells of it.

That didn't answer my question, & I still have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Can you even expand on your long term conditioned ideas or is biased aggression enough to get by day to day?
edit on 27-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

I like to raise awareness by playing the victim

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Bottom line I hate when people try and make others conform.

It's funny you should attribute "conformity" to being Progressive and/or Liberal since I do believe it was the Conservative President GW Bush who said, "You're either with us, or you're with the Terrorists!"

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I take umbrage... UMBRAGE, sir or madam. Well... maybe more like a sigh worthy disagreement. Umbrage might be too heavy.

My own lack of an avatar is due to a complex philosophical decision known only to me... I DID change the default color values on my little box that would hold an avatar, and that's as far as I'll go. Okay, since you ask... It's sorta the same reason I never got a tattoo... I think (know) people change moment to moment and static representations attached to people are limiting.

I could describe an avatar and post that description, using words, under my web monicker... would that help?

Some folks prefer to use their own imaginings and thus eschew illustrated books, for example. If you're more visually oriented and need the net equivalent of a comic book... well...

Should I go on ... do I get to keep my black box? Heh...

eta and really, I'm too lazy to do it... but not too lazy to write a paragraph of crap as to why I won't...
edit on 2/27/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

What else to you like to play at?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70
Most of us find it pretty easy to follow a thread without ever even noticing avatars.

Maybe those who are having difficulty should be sent to the equivalent ATS nursery slopes until they can do the same.

To the OP . If you insist on being "Jumped up " , then be prepared to be jumped on ... You dig ????

many people seem to be taking this as a personal insult for not having an avatar and attacking those that like it with insults.

It is a choice you can make, it's as simple as that. Is it really required to insult others for a choice on a forum?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I've never gotten a tattoo because I'm not passionate about anything.

As to a written description as an avatar, you'd probably have to save it as a picture first, but it would be the sweetest avatar ever, lol

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

What else to you like to play at?

Anything having to do with Nibiru.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

many people seem to be taking this as a personal insult for not having an avatar and attacking those that like it with insults.

It is a choice you can make, it's as simple as that. Is it really required to insult others for a choice on a forum?

Don't tell them but it's most likely because they feel a deep internal shame and insecurity for not having an Avatar.

They obviously feel somewhat impotent or inadequate without their own Avatar and so this is their defense mechanism.

Maybe we should tell them that it's ok if they want to have a cute kitty cat Avatar or a Teletubby Avatar. Let them know that we won't judge them for it.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

God damn no stars in this forum thing.

Avatars are not evil representations of a global elitist agenda.

They are pictures on a web page.

No need for GRRRRRS here, just pictures, some of them are of cats in unusual and funny enviroments.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Howdy!

So I'm noticing a fair amount of new users lately, & it's always been a peeve of mine when people don't have an Avatar. Our names, avatars, & signatures all say something about us & our respective alter/egos, & I always feel like everyone is missing out on a key aspect of community bonding & our interpersonal relationships when discussing/arguing with a faceless name, so to speak.

It also makes it easier to peruse threads & see who is saying what.

Any thoughts?

Sorry, I can't take a rainbow puking unicorn seriously! What? Me? Oh yes, those are my underwear outside my pants, why?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

i think I like you

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Mine is just invisible. Only those with special powers can see it. There's quite a few of us on here with them.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

It's Usually Trolls who don't seem to have Avatars , they like to " Hit And Run " here alot I noticed...........

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join