It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking the right questions is a good start to knowing the right answers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have a thought, but I need help from people (ATS) on developing this.
If you have a question, usually with enough research and a lot of time you can find the right answer to this question. Not always, but sometimes this is true.

Now this just came to my attention before, though I guess its been playing in the back of my mind for a while.
We will all one day die and then after some time we will be forgotten. For most of us it will be when our grandchildren pass away or great grandchildren. For some it is when our history books get re-written again to exclude your hard work from them. Or say you do the greatest of all great things. I imagine that at some point, whether it be billions of years away or not that humanity as we know it will sometime pass also.
So really, in the grand scheme of things we are just a tiny piece of a universal puzzle.
Now this sounds dreadful, but once you develop on this in an optimistic way, you realize that no matter what you do you are doing the right thing also. It affords anyone with the ultimate of freedom just accepting this. Do what you want because at the end of the day it doesn't matter.

Now I have spent my whole life learning. I love knowledge, some trivial, some other bits quite substantial but after spending some time learning about Socretes and contemplating the purpose of wisdom, I was left wondering what exactly it is I really wanted to know.

So the purpose of this topic is actually to ask people what they think they want to know and why. So I myself can steal your imaginations and maybe contemplate on some of the questions you have left and said.

Now I want you all to use your imaginations here a little bit so please bare with me. I want you all to imagine that there was no ifs or buts. But only one single truth and that you could learn this truth just by asking the question. No conspiracies etc its just the answer, like you could witness it all playing out in front of your eyes. This is important to clarify because it allows the ultimate freedom with asking the questions you want answered. I don't care if they are sinister questions or not also.

For example, this is a few questions that I wish I could know.

1. The meaning of life and the universe as we know it? (Obvious one)
2. How were all the megalithic structures around the world actually built?
3. What is actually good or bad. Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys?
4. What would it be like to have sex with more than 1 smoking hot woman at a time? (Ive never done this)
5. How would it feel to have the ultimate freedom, imagine heaven. How would it keep on going indefinitely without becoming boring, but without being so hard that you feel like you cannot win etc... So what is heaven?
6. And if you can define heaven, how can you make this heaven a reality now?

So, please, could you help me and ask anything you want as if you were going to find the right answer to it. We are only limited by our imaginations here.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Judgie

Purpose moves people to remake the world.

Purpose pushes people to endure and overcome struggles. However, not every struggle has purpose. We all struggle to overcome hardships and set-backs. That does not mean we all have a well-defined purpose. Lacking that, life can become wiresome and joyless.

The drive to overcome difficulty is the human story but without purpose such struggles only define a life of medicraty. Purpose is the means by which we rise above otherwise meanless struggles. Without purpose we risk making ourselves misrible. Without purpose, the challenges of life become wiresome rather than an opprotunity for joy.

The idea of finding joy in life is closely tided to idea of success and purpose. We each measure success in different ways. Every individual on this planet has their own personal measure of success. We all strive to achieve that success thinking that the struggle to get there is a nessecary evil. It is not. On the contrary, the struggle to overcome is what helps us define and redefine our purpose.

Without struggles, our purpose and intentions can be contrived, manufactured, and ego-driven. As such, our purpose can become selfish and unfilfilling. The value of struggles and hardship in life is to help us refocus on what we really want and what is really important.

Expressing what you want is not easy for everyone. Our struggles also help us avoid having our driving force in life co-opt by other people and their agendas.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Judgie

I Now this sounds dreadful, but once you develop on this in an optimistic way, you realize that no matter what you do you are doing the right thing also. It affords anyone with the ultimate of freedom just accepting this. Do what you want because at the end of the day it doesn't matter.

Nothing matters so do what thou wilt.

I cant imagine going through life feeling this way, and I thank Jesus I don't have too.

I don't really care what response that gets, I take it you posted for various responses.

Listen to this prophetic message from Paul Harvey, it was first aired in 1965.

Amazing to me how dead on he was.

I cant disagree more that what we do DOES matter.

I wish you peace on your journey, and truth to be revealed.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Cheers for replying but I didn't get any questions from you guys.

Stosh64, could you tell me the purpose Jesus gives you than? What matters to you and the way you live your life? I don't ask you this in a snarky athiest way, I simply desire to know what you think is important about the way we should live.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I love that man.

My father used to listen to him. And I was there listening too.

The man had real common sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Judgie
Cheers for replying but I didn't get any questions from you guys.

Stosh64, could you tell me the purpose Jesus gives you than? What matters to you and the way you live your life? I don't ask you this in a snarky athiest way, I simply desire to know what you think is important about the way we should live.

To me the only person I can control is myself. I have a hard enough time managing that, so be it far from me to suggest how anyone else should live.

I try, and fail often to live by these 2 commandments.

Matthew 22:36-40King James Version (KJV)

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

I find the closer I can get to those simple, but impossible goals, the better my peace of mind is.

Thank you for the genuine question. Wasn't snarky at all.

Anyway, the only true peace I have found in this life is through striving to live as HE would want, and admitting to HIM when I inevitably screw up.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Judgie

I want to know God's purpose.
I want to know my purpose unto him.
I want to know what my options are.

new topics

top topics

join