It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Nemtsov (Putin Critic) killed in the center of Moscow

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I see the "If you don't agree with me, you're a Russian shill." brigade has turned up. Generally denotes a lack of anything relevant to add to the discussion.

And I see you just got the usual number of stars.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
15 pages in and I see the accusations have continued without any evidence. Anyone got any evidence that Putin was behind this apart from the finger pointing? Thank God all of the armchair detectives are just that, otherwise they would be locking up people just because they think they are guilty.

PS I also see that the accusations of shills and insults are flying too, why this is allowed is beyond me, one side is allowed fling # all it wants it seems.
edit on 28-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I looked thru the first 5 pages of comments on this thread and made a "pro west/anti Putin"/"Pro Putin/anti west"/"Critical of both/objective/neutral"/"not sure where to categorize list" but got tired after 5 pages.

So far i categorized them as:
15 posters where pro west/anti Putin
7 posters where Pro Putin/anti west
6 posters where Critical of both/objective/neutral
8 posters where Not sure where to categorize list

61 posts "pro west/anti Putin", 8 posts "Pro Putin/anti west", 11 posts "Critical of both/objective/neutral", 9 posts "Not sure where to categorize list".

If there are shills on ATS the budget on the "pro west/anti Putin" seem to be bigger than the "Pro Putin/anti west" side.

Also for the people who like stars. Do not post a reply where you are critical of both sides, since you will not get the one who star for your team to star you. Make one post pro and one post against for maximum stars.

I miss the days when ATS was more about giving though provoking Eureka moments and not the "my team is better than yours banter".
edit on 28-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Upon hearing this news two names immediately came to mind:

Sergey Kirov and Anna Politkovskaya

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
15 pages in and I see the accusations have continued without any evidence. Anyone got any evidence that Putin was behind this apart from the finger pointing? Thank God all of the armchair detectives are just that, otherwise they would be locking up people just because you think they done it.

Anyone got any evidence the Ukrainians were behind it? Those accusations have been flying too... or haven't you noticed?

PS I also see that the accusations of shills and insults are flying too, why this is allowed is beyond me, one side is allowed fling # all it wants it seems.

Yep: the moment you point out that Putin has a track record of dishonesty, murder and false flags, you get called a shill. Fortunately, I'm willing to put up with it in the name of freedom of speech. After all, it's not like this is Russia.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

You actually counted posts?

It's called having an opinion. People are entitled to their own views.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: sosobad
15 pages in and I see the accusations have continued without any evidence. Anyone got any evidence that Putin was behind this apart from the finger pointing? Thank God all of the armchair detectives are just that, otherwise they would be locking up people just because you think they done it.

Anyone got any evidence the Ukrainians were behind it? Those accusations have been flying too... or haven't you noticed?

Yep: the moment you point out that Putin has a track record of dishonesty, murder and false flags, you get called a shill. Fortunately, I'm willing to put up with it in the name of freedom of speech. After all, it's not like this is Russia.

Where in the hell did I post anything about Ukraine? The majority of the posts are saying Putin done this, is there any evidence of him doing it?

Why are you getting so defensive about that statement? Are you guilty of disrupting the thread with that kind of nonsense?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Uhm ?

US ambassador to Russia, John Tefft: "Nemtsov can be very useful to us"

A week ago John Tefft said the following: "In my opinion, particularly such respected gentlemen as Navalny and Nemtsov can be really useful to us in establishing a new civil society in Russia. And in the very near future" - Ivan Zhuravsky

Source

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kram09
a reply to: LittleByLittle

You actually counted posts?

It's called having an opinion. People are entitled to their own views.

Yes I did count posts. We are allowed to use our brains and analyze something that is posted on an open thread to see patterns. If you have a problem with me analyzing patterns, then think that everything you write everywhere can be analyzed by both the CIA and Russian intelligence and they are pros where I am a novice at analyzing.
edit on 28-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
Uhm ?

A week ago John Tefft said the following: "In my opinion, particularly such respected gentlemen as Navalny and Nemtsov can be really useful to us in establishing a new civil society in Russia. And in the very near future" - Ivan Zhuravsky

Source

Yes, useful alive. That's why Putin wanted him gone.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Kiev is absolutely flat broke, they are now even paying gas just for one day (and only for one day)...

Got a link to the source talking about this claim?

Sure...

Ukraine's prepayment for gas deliveries enough for 24 hours of supplies — Gazprom

MOSCOW, February 27. /TASS/. Russian energy giant Gazprom has confirmed receiving $15 million in gas payment from Naftogaz of Ukraine, Gazprom spokesman Kupriyanov told TASS.

The prepayment, however, will suffice only for 24 hours of gas supplies.

Source

And here`s about the food rationing...

Partial Food Rationing Introduced in Kiev

Many Kiev supermarkets have introduced limits on the amount of food products that can be purchased by a single individual.

Source

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Uhm ?

Source

Where does it say alive ?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: Xtrozero

how Stalin weeded out about 40 million people to secure his power.

Stalin was a psychopath who had no regard for human life. He sent people to Siberian camps just for showing up late to work by 5 min. Killings done by Stalin had little to do with securing power. Power is secured not by stomping on common people, it is secured by keeping mini power brokers in pockets like main politicians, army leaders, union bosses, business stalwarts etc.

Your opinion of Stalin is not shared by your leader Putin or the spiritual head of Mother Russia Kirill.

www.reuters.com...

You probably just missed the memo however. Stalin is now just a strong leader who suffered from the West constantly attacking him. He was good for Russia. The West is simply trying to smear the good name of another Russian leader.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

It's difficult when the city names keep changing and the history books get rewritten constantly, so I understand your confusion.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

A vocal opponent of Putin was gunned down in front of the Kremlin. Putin has a history of assassinating those who speak out against him. Do you really think it so far fetched that Putin is the prime suspect in this case?

Funny how I've never seen you decry the people that claim Obama had Breitbart killed.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Where in the hell did I post anything about Ukraine? The majority of the posts are saying Putin done this, is there any evidence of him doing it?

I didn't say you did, but there are seven people on this thread claiming it "must" have been Ukraine or CIA without any evidence. Why are you focusing only on the ones who are assuming Putin did it?

Incidentally, I only need point to the long list of murdered journalists killed in Russia to explain why Putin is a logical suspect.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I see the "If you don't agree with me, you're a Russian shill." brigade has turned up. Generally denotes a lack of anything relevant to add to the discussion.

Coming from a guy that never provides any info, any links I'll consider your post the typical garbage you always post.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Uhm ?

Source

Where does it say alive ?

Where does it say "useful as a false flag?" Navalny and Nemtsov wanted to reform Russian society, as your own tweet says. You can't reform society when you're dead, can you?

I swear... if you caught Putin strangling your Mother you would claim he was giving her the kiss of life.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I didn't say you did, but there are seven people on this thread claiming it "must" have been Ukraine or CIA without any evidence. Why are you focusing only on the ones who are assuming Putin did it?

Incidentally, I only need point to the long list of murdered journalists killed in Russia to explain why Putin is a logical suspect.

So no evidence then? Why bother replying if you had none?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

A vocal opponent of Putin was gunned down in front of the Kremlin. Putin has a history of assassinating those who speak out against him. Do you really think it so far fetched that Putin is the prime suspect in this case?

Funny how I've never seen you decry the people that claim Obama had Breitbart killed.

I never seen the accusations against Obama and to be honest I don't care about them, any evidence that Putin done this?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

So no evidence then? Why bother replying if you had none?

You don't consider a pattern consistent with the crime to be evidence? Good thing you're not a detective.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join