It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Nemtsov (Putin Critic) killed in the center of Moscow

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

" seeing as the Russian people pretty much want Putin to overtly invade Ukraine i don't think many people would care."

And you know this how? More Polls by Putin?

Seems there are "Many" people against it too.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Nemtsov was only popular outside Russia with the anti Russian media making him out to be someone he clearly wasn't

He was a failed politician in the end who couldn't garner support for his party or even become a mayor

As for that telegraph article above obviously receiving pay cheques from his government to write their versions of the story,that is pure agenda driven

He claimed the Crimean election was dubious and tried to suggest that Russia sent its troops in there when the reality is they had a base lease that allowed them there in the 1st place

Right away this journalist can not be trusted as he's a liar

So why believe anything else he prints,as he's not an honest journalist

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Nemtsov was only popular outside Russia with the anti Russian media making him out to be someone he clearly wasn't

Then why would anybody kill him? Not just anti-russian media, RT is all over the story. He was obviously an annoyance to the Kremlin:

On 25 November 2007, Nemtsov was arrested by police during an unauthorized protest against President Putin. On 31 December 2010, he was again arrested with other opposition leaders during a rally against government restrictions on public protests.

I'd appreciate a link where you're getting your info about the reporter. The article I posted was more of an opinion, I posted it because I happened to agree with it. There wasn't really much in it that he could lie about. But I guess if it was a link to rt.com, it would be okay.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: DJW001

Russian agents? so girls not even old enough to join the military making Molotov cocktails were Russian agents? ohh and the Ukrainian police forces that opened a corridor for thugs to beat on protesters were Russian agents to i suppose?

u wot?

or are you talking about something else that happened in Odessa?

Why am I not surprised that you apply different standards to events when they benefit Russia? Those cute little Molotov throwing girls might be cute little Russian actresses on a Russian backlot for all we know.

Based on this, I assume you believe the fairy stories that MH17 was shot down by a Ukrainian ground support plane and that those guys in green uniforms in Crimea weren't Russian soldiers.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

ok many* Russian people. i dont know how many but there is a strong backing for military intervention.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I've noticed Putin supporters have a very warped view of reality. DId you forget all the armed troops running around Crimea? Or how about Putin that admitted he sent in troops after the fact. The election was also rigged voter fraud was rampant. And worse Russia admitted that as well on a government report. What short memories some people have. Reality is Putin is playing the Russian people he's lying to do it and like any dictator he can't have lies exposed.

Putin had alot to gain by having him killed did he well will never truly know since he's controlling the investigation. What I can say is whoever did it doesnt think there will be an investigation. Look drove up to him shot him on a busy street ignored witnesses. This tells me they were confident they won't be caught.
edit on 2/28/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I may digress from my previous comment about Ukranian girl being insignificant in this crime

"Ukranian version"

blogs.spectator.co.uk...

Let’s not dismiss the Ukrainian links either – of which rumours abound. Nemtsov was walking with a female acquaintance, a Ukrainian citizen, when a car drove up and he was shot in the back. The woman was unhurt. And there are Ukrainian nationalists – not the official Poroshenko’s Kiev – but nationalists aligned with the likes of Parubiy and Co, who hate Putin and everything Russian, and some would argue wouldn’t think twice of sacrificing anyone if they could get at the Kremlin. Nemtsov could have been their bullet shot at Putin, a human bomb detonated at the walls of the Kremlin.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

ok many* Russian people. i dont know how many but there is a strong backing for military intervention.

The Russian media only broadcasts in favor of military intervention. It squelches the testimony of women who fear that their sons have been sent secretly abroad to die and minimize the amount of opposition. This murder is intended to remind people who oppose military intervention that their opinion is not wanted.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

There you go again, spitting out numbers without providing a shred of CREDIBLE evidence to back it up. If there is a strong backing for intervention, it's because of the lies that they have been told in the media.

So far, here's what your posts have looked like:

You're wrong.

I'm right.

I'm right, no links, but I know that I'm right.

Well, maybe i'm not completely right, but it doesn't matter anyway.

Oh, and I'm right.
edit on 28-2-2015 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

And there are Ukrainian nationalists – not the official Poroshenko’s Kiev – but nationalists aligned with the likes of Parubiy and Co, who hate Putin and everything Russian, and some would argue wouldn’t think twice of sacrificing anyone if they could get at the Kremlin. Nemtsov could have been their bullet shot at Putin, a human bomb detonated at the walls of the Kremlin.

Now the Putin Propaganda Machine wants you to believe Ukraine did it! These people are shameless. I don't see how anyone with half a brain can believe them any more.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Those cute little Molotov throwing girls might be cute little Russian actresses on a Russian backlot for all we know.

fairy stories

the thing about the Odessa massacre is that its documented. you wanna propose that russian agents are culpable then show me some evidence.

MH17 was shot down by a Ukrainian ground support plane

all i know is what investigators said. but ohh they are probably Russian agents too huh?

those guys in green uniforms in Crimea weren't Russian soldiers.

why the # would i think that Russian soldiers operating in Crimea weren't Russian soldiers. you petty little attacks are getting tiresome.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

There are lots of public opinion surveys done in Russia. They show a massive increase in popular support for Putin after the Crimea takeover. That support has stayed strong over the past year despite Western sanctions.

www.nytimes.com...

There are ways to 'prop up' opinion polls...and Putin uses them heavily....

www.washingtonpost.com...

I don't buy the full 80% support for Putin and his policies. That's an artificial number. But Russians I know support Putin more so and find the intervention in Ukraine justified.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree here somewhat. Opposition to Putin inside Russia is disorganized, limited and now fearful.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Now the Putin Propaganda Machine

Now, anything you don't like you call "Putin propaganda", this article wasn't published in "Putin News"

I think this version is plausible and it wasn't mentioned before in this thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

right about what? im not blaming anyone for his death. im just saying it makes no sense for putin to have done it. if evidence proves otherwise then i will surely change my mind. but it is your OPINION that this is good for putin. its my OPINION that it is not. murdering an opposition figure will only serve to make people angry. if you don't agree then please, by all means, write a letter to your congress man or something.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

all i know is what investigators said. but ohh they are probably Russian agents too huh?

So the investigators said that the plane was shot down by a Ukrainian ground support plane? Where is YOUR evidence? What did the investigators say? Last I checked, it was inconclusive.

why the # would i think that Russian soldiers operating in Crimea weren't Russian soldiers.

They first went in under a false pretense, they wore no isignias or identifing factors, hence the term "Little green men".

edit on 28-2-2015 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

right about what? im not blaming anyone for his death. im just saying it makes no sense for putin to have done it. if evidence proves otherwise then i will surely change my mind.

We've shown plenty, many users have, as to why it makes complete sense for Putin to have done it. But i'm done arguing, there's no point.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I should give the pro-Russian crowd a little acceptance however.

The CIA could have found Nemtsov worthless as an opposition force and sacrificed him at a critical time to make Putin look bad. If I was the CIA then I would consider the plan. Kasparov is a much better and credible opposition leader in my eyes, so eliminating his opponent and making Putin look like a dictator killing his rivals does have a value to it.

It's all about probabilities of course. We'll never know for certain who killed Nemtsov. I personally think it much more probable that Putin ordered the hit to ensure no opposition forms at this critical time against the West. As always people have to read lots and try to determine what they believe.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

the thing about the Odessa massacre is that its documented. you wanna propose that russian agents are culpable then show me some evidence.

The documentation does not reveal the identities of the people throwing the Molotovs, so we do not know whether they were Ukrainians or Russians. Also, the documentation shows snipers firing from the roof, and a fire starting on the third floor, too high for a thrown Molotov. The documentation also includes the presence of chloroform, an odd thing to be found in a Union Hall. Perhaps it was used to guarantee that there would be innocent victims present.

What did the investigators say? They certainly didn't say it was a Ukrainian plane, did they?

why the # would i think that Russian soldiers operating in Crimea weren't Russian soldiers. you petty little attacks are getting tiresome.

Because the Official Story was that they were "Crimean militiamen."Remember?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

Now the Putin Propaganda Machine

Now, anything you don't like you call "Putin propaganda", this article wasn't published in "Putin News"

I think this version is plausible and it wasn't mentioned before in this thread.

Here is a link to every blog post Marina Kim has made on that site:

blogs.spectator.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Here is a link to every blog post Marina Kim has made on that site:

blogs.spectator.co.uk...

Ok, this indeed looking suspicious, but can you show me how "Marina Kim" infiltrated this site ?

It could be someone else writing by his pen name.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join