It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"US DoD have confirmed the UFO phenomenon is real"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here is the part of Project Condign's report leveraged by Burroughs in its complete context. It's from UAPoUKADR Vol. 2 Annex F, Part 13.

Project Condign

I think that Burroughs misunderstood about the radiation. That's the key word that provided the fulcrum for Burroughs' lever. Burroughs' and his folks misunderstand the radiation, but to avoid having to explain how the sort of radiation discussed in Project Condign does not "shred heart valves" the DoD chose to settle.

edit on 27-2-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sorry... but I am going to be blunt..
This is a sensationalist headline .. and yet... nothing has been
admitted by anyone important.. ifs,buts and maybes.

I think the smoke is still thick.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

The issue seems to me is that there nothing there (from Condign) which intimates that the human heart could be damaged by UAP radiation. The big mystery is why Burroughs' medical records remain 'classified'.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

The big mystery is why Burroughs' medical records remain 'classified'.

You're right, I forgot about that bit. I bet it's a psych-eval, or psych-related.

I dunno.

Really exciting stuff though, thank you once again for being on top of this stuff and presenting it so well.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I think you hit the nail on the head. Reading this it says nor insinuates nothing of ET but clearly states there is unknown aerial phenomenon that occurs and is usually so brief it does no damage. In this case the phenomenon lasted longer and so the dose of radiation had more time to do more damage.

Also states it's known to mess with your brain.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Yes it is a sensationalist headline. But this is linked to the UK's best known UFO case. A case that is much better documented than many others.

But I doubt the DoD or VA will make any official statement on the matter. John Burroughs may (or may not) choose to reveal personal documentation and details from his dealings with the VA in the future.

Even if we take it that the UFO phenomenon has been confirmed as 'real' that does not mean aliens are visiting Earth. However it does seem that a 'tiny' piece of the jigsaw has been revealed.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

This is great info!!! Thanks
S&F

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Interesting find. I have always found the explanations such as the lighthouse laughable. I believe something odd did happen. ET, or ours, who knows. Maybe we will never know.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
So this means that there was an unidentified craft that is radioactive out there somewhere... why is it radioactive? Is it due to anti-gravity? Is this an alien craft or a government test craft?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Not necessarily. It could simply point to an 'unknown' but natural phenomena that occurs in nature. But the fact that Burroughs' medical records are being held as classified to this day suggests that the US DoD and the UK MoD are not prepared to reveal everything just yet. Or perhaps they simply don't want to reveal that they don't know what the 'phenomena' really is.
edit on 27/2/15 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If they want to open be about stuff.. lets get to hear from the DOF
about Shag Harbour.. then we might begin to have some open dialogue.

They tracked these objects for a week and watched them move
from under water to outer space.

Tell the truth dudes!
edit on Fri, 27 Feb 2015 18:33:13 -0600336America/ChicagoFriday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
I think that the most interesting thing about this case of Burroughs vs. The DoD is that Burroughs has leveraged that statement from Project Condign in such a way that it caused the DoD/VA to settle.

So if that is any indication of the veracity of Project Condign, that the DoD would settle rather than having the details dragged out in public, then that means that whatever irradiated Burroughs is not extraterrestrial in nature.

None of the suggested sources of UAPs described in Project Condign's report are.

Hmmm.

Project CONDIGN, was a classified study about UAP's which states that they are a real phenomenon...that's not say UFO or whatever, just not understood properly. CONDIGN was classified, but is now published on the MOD website after a battle against a FOI request, and so is no longer classified. the report was released by the MoD in April 2006
edit on 27-2-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

The issue seems to me is that there nothing there (from Condign) which intimates that the human heart could be damaged by UAP radiation. The big mystery is why Burroughs' medical records remain 'classified'.

While the OP headline is sensationalist and it's already known that the UFO phenomenon is real, or at least has been real to the airforce in the past (Project Bluebook, Grudge etc.), the fact his documents were classified is the key here. And it makes total sense if what he says happened at Rendlesham is true.

Additionally, this is still no closer to finding out what the objects at Rendlesham were

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

While the OP headline is sensationalist and it's already known that the UFO phenomenon is real, or at least has been real to the airforce in the past (Project Bluebook, Grudge etc.), the fact his documents were classified is the key here. And it makes total sense if what he says happened at Rendlesham is true.

Additionally, this is still no closer to finding out what the objects at Rendlesham were

That's right, it's called covering their asses, whatever the outcome, or more probably, that Burroughs, and perhaps others involved just died in ignorance.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Interesting to note. Bybyots your find reads as though it was written by Vallee I wonder if it was? I think is most interesting they know enough about it to determine the phenomenon alters perception etc I wonder what is hidden in guys file, I also wonder how they have determined this if not just parroted from other researchers.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I also wonder how they have determined this if not just parroted from other researchers.

PC cites the research of many, many people in the report that it produced. You should read the Executive Summary and see what you think.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Additionally, this is still no closer to finding out what the objects at Rendlesham were.

You're right, it's not.

The fact is that from the story, it's not really possible to assess wether the citation from Project Condign had any influence on the VA's decision to settle or not.

It is certain that Burroughs thinks that the Bentwaters UAP that had an adverse affect on his health is the same as mentioned in Project Condign, but that's it.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I know I probably should read it, right now I can't though I'm on an iPhone with poor signal on a sail boat anchored off the gulf for the evening. I will check it out eventually though, meets my interest level enough to invest the time.
Good find though!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

If you ever caught my Rendlesham Forest Thread from late 2013 then you'll know there are serious problems with Penniston's story.

* His witness statement is the only one of the originals to remain undated and the only one to mention a craft of some sort (note at that stage he stated it was in the distance and nothing about walking around it). John Burroughs was in close proximity to Penniston and does not remember ever seeing a structured craft nor Penniston 'touching it', taking notes and attempting to photograph it.

* Whenever Penniston has appeared in documentaries he tends to bring something new to the story. In the 1990s "Strange But True" doucmentary there were 'glyphs' on the craft. In early 2000s "Invasion at Rendlesham" his notebook then appeared. By the time the History Channel's UFO files in 2004/5 we have his story of touching the craft, taking notes and photos. Then in 2010 in Ancient Aliens he also has a binary code "machine to homo sapien" download to reveal to us.

* His plaster casts also play a part because Penniston's story of how he made them on Boxing day morning 1980 doesn't seem to fit the very tight timelines he would have to have adhered to.

I really haven't time to go through all the other inconsistencies of that story. It's all in the thread linked. But I consider his testimony unreliable.

Thanks MM for that info, I will look through that thread.

Is it possible he was told not to talk about the case soon after it happened, or if forced to talk told not to reveal too much, and as he got older cared less about the possible security breach ramifications and just told more and more of the whole story?

Plus, none of the others have said anything about possible inconsistencies, wouldn't they call him out if he was fabricating details?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Look, after re-reading the LMH article I find it difficult to tell if what moved the VA to settle was Burroughs' attorneys pushing that bit from Project Condign or not. But it does seem clear that Burroughs' attorneys made the Bentwaters UAP central to their case.

It's really hard to tell from what little information we have what role the citation from Project Condign played in the VA settling.

That's too bad, because the reason why it would be imporatant is that it really would help to narrow down a little bit what was encountered in Rendlesham Forest.

My be LMH BS, maybe not.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join