It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"US DoD have confirmed the UFO phenomenon is real"

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

You might find this link helpful :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or you may think it's a load of bollocks.

John Burroughs has won his case and thankfully is still alive

But should we also consider the possibility that this was all a smokescreen to conceal something else?
edit on 22/4/15 by mirageman because: ETA

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Yes I remember like it was 32 years ago. A crisp autumn Sunday morning October 2nd 1983. The story was in the News of the World.

Thanks

Righty ho. I can't find anywhere obvious that I can read the story itself, it might turn up but is none too important. Of note though, Keith Beabey, the article's writer, according to Nick Pope claimed that his source was Harry Harris. Ian Ridpath, I think, says that Beabey's source was probably Larry Warren...oh...just reading through Left at East Gate, nice detailed timeline from the story breaking, including quotes, and the follow up stories over subsequent weeks...Excellent stuff!! Just what I wanted, good pointers, thanks...need to read that now...will be back in bit...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Try this link

The NOTW article is on page 2. I know I read it back in '83 as I remember delivering the Sunday papers that day. Can I remember the story now ?

There are 7 free booklets in all. Available from this page on Rendlesham courtesy of Peter Robbins and Larry Warren. It's a sort of complementary set of writings, photos and news clippings related to "Left At East Gate".

Link to 'Deliberate Deception' series of free booklets

edit on 22/4/15 by mirageman because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Okay, so the story, from what I can gather was leaked to the papers by a group of investigators, of which Harry Harris, a solicitor was one. They had obtained a copy of Halt's memo from the base via a Freedom of Information Act request.

According to Stars and Stripes, on 5 October 1983, a Lt Colonel Doug Kennett of the public relations department at Bentwaters said that the group had made about half a dozen requests since April of 1983. All of which he had fulfilled. According to the PR lot, none of the files had been classified, there had been no official enquiry, so they were able to comply with all those requests.

On the 7th of October, the Woodbridge Reporter, which oddly enough was dissolved shortly afterwards after running since the mid 1800s, ran a story detailing how the locals had seen lights, had strange car problems on or around the night in question. Many report three fixed lights in triangular pattern (I know you know this, everyone, but I am fishing for clarity). No sound, except when they perceived it to be close overhead/closer to them...then a droning sound*, not anything like a jet. The know a jet when they hear one, or most any other type of plane. Many of the sightings involve two people together.

The reporter notes that there is reluctance by the locals to talk about it, that it'd already made national headlines aided matters, but the implication is that only a few of many spoke out. Could be over selling the story, but then it is a local story. The Cobra Mist thing seems to have blown up because the locals talked to the press, the result was that locals lost their jobs and they learnt not to bite the hand that feeds them. The whole area is dependent upon the inordinate amount of military installations in the region. There are numerous small hamlets, now within miltary zones that were cleared out by the MoD in the first and second wars, most of the farmers, that aren't compliant peers, I would guess are on tenancies from the MoD, Crown or Forestry Commission, to all intents and purposes the same thing.

Anyway, that story, seems to alter the attitude in high places, both sides of the pond. Captain McCollom, Bentwater PR, says there may have been a Hercules C-130. Would that do for the triangular light formation and the droning sound?

The story seems to descend into chaos after that.

edit on * or high pitched whine...
edit on 22-4-2015 by Anaana because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You might find this link helpful :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or you may think it's a load of bollocks.

None the less interesting however I take it.

Do any of the men involved ever report being dispensed any kind of regular medications that was part of their base 'kit', a vitamin type thing or a shot? I expect not, that kind of thing would have stood out...but I leave the question just in case I've missed it answered somewhere.

I read your post, have to read the links as yet...thanks again.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well, of course the UFO Phenomenon is real. What have we been saying all along?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Try this link

The NOTW article is on page 2. I know I read it back in '83 as I remember delivering the Sunday papers that day. Can I remember the story now ?

The story on the page after that is enormously interesting from the 9th October (2 days after the Woodbridge Reporter story). Baron Hill-Norton, no less, former Admiral of the Fleet and Chairman of the NATO Military Committee. Pretty impressive bag for a gutter rag like the News of the World. And by the magical powers of retrospect, wikipedia tells me that it was on his watch that Chevaline was given the go ahead...

The Chevaline Re-entry Body (ReB) was the Re-entry vehicle (RV), of the British Chevaline warhead development of the Royal Navy's UGM-27 Polaris missile system. Chevaline was devised as an answer to the improved Soviet defences around Moscow, the system being intended to increase the probability of at least one warhead penetrating the city's Anti-ballistic missile (ABM) defences, something which the Royal Navy's earlier Polaris RVs were thought to be unlikely to do. The Chevaline system was in service from 1982 to 1996, when it was replaced by Trident D5.

Fascinating stuff this!

Whilst the fully assembled Chevaline ReB and a new warhead was of identical external shape, and balance to US Polaris RVs to minimise development costs and avoid the need for full-scale flight testing, the Chevaline ReB was unusual in using a new material known as 3-Dimensional Quartz Phenolic (3DQP),[1] which was developed in the UK and subsequently used on US warheads. 3DQP is a phenolic-based material composed of a quartz cloth material woven into a seamless sock shape cloth impregnated with a phenolic resin and hot-pressed. The quartz material 'hardens' the ReB protecting the nuclear warhead against high-energy neutrons emitted by exo-atmospheric Anti-ballistic missile (ABM) bursts before re-entry.[2] When cured, 3DQP can be machined in the same way as metals and is tough and fire-resistant.

en.wikipedia.org...

Which proves one thing at least, Hill-Norton had extensive experience of covering things up, so probably did know enough to know there was a cover up when he saw it...and when to step in to deflect attention when necessary. The very thought that this guy would speak out critically against the US let alone the UK military is laughable, but it is possible he was protecting Admiralty interests over more domestic ones.

I enjoyed that little nugget, thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I don't think the now defunct News of the World was considered in the 1980s as the trashy Sunday tabloid it became in the 21st century. I don't even think it was a tabloid back in 1983 and journalism was yet to feel the full impact of Murdoch at the time.

But don't thank me. Peter Robbins and Larry Warren made all of this stuff freely available. I just wish I had more hours in the day to pay attention to it all.

Anyway I' signing off for the night now.

Regards MM

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Some believe this is very similar to the object in Larry's drawings of what he saw out in the forest later that night/following morning.

Larry Warren's drawing 1985

Larry Warren's drawing 1987

Following up on Hill-Norton and the Chevalier system, particularly the technology related to heat shielding for re-entry, I came a cross a few pictures that reminded me of Warren's pictures. The technology is here being applied to the Orion mission vehicles.

I was particularly taken with the patchwork effect and it's smiliarity to the detail that Warren gives the 'craft' that he believes he saw.

It seems to me that Warren drew a picture of a craft that had re-entry heat shielding and presumably, since the shielding was bare, that it was a craft in a 'test state'.

Whether Warren saw that craft in the woods, or just believes that he saw it in the woods, remains debateable, but I think at some point he saw an RV.

And, based on Warren's drawing, it looks to be most like US or UK in design, certainly not Soviet which were spherical pods.

I have a feeling that you're right about the root of the secrecy being Cold War posturing, however, I still believe that there is a greater complexity here. The 'craft', even if an RV, only supports that there could have been a craft, it addresses none of the other dimensions of the case.

I am curious about radome enclosed antenna, in terms of command and control systems for initiating destruction should ICBMs go off course, and the development of convoluted coding to prevent error messages in the abort sequence. Considering Minot and the Ukrainian incidents from 1982, as well as the UK, in relation to what Cobra Mist may have been redeveloped for (since the initial goal was not only to provide a strategic radar system, but also to provide a test bed), releasing a statement that the OTHR could activate equipment found on commercial and military aircraft, I am inclined to wonder whether they were testing to see what happened when they fired Chevalier into a system that they developed from the remnants of Cobra Mist. I'm also wondering if we're looking at a natural phenomenon that mimics, or learns.

Which takes us into Sheldrake territory...

I am also curious about what the wider implication of the Burroughs' ruling might be. According Dr Green's statements here on the thread, the DoD has admitted liability, implicitly if not explicitly, for Burroughs' injuries this should leave the field wide open for Warren, Penniston and Halt (etc) to pursue their own claims against the VA or DoD. If they follow up their own complaints surely there will have to be a broader and deeper inquiry???

Also, at the time of the incident there was evidently issues between the NSA and the CIA about satellites, the NSA resented that the CIA had a monopoly on access and they had to go cap in hand to the CIA for data, and then it would be screened. How easy is it to stash a satellite in space without anyone noticing it is there?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Larry Warren's description and drawings do bear resemblance to those pictures. We also have to remember that he was in the forest (unless he is completely lying about the whole story) at the same time Colonel Halt's small posse was stomping around on the final (3rd) night of events.

Now I don't know if you are aware but the 67th ARRS Apollo Recovery Team were still based at Woodbridge in 1980 and a replica "boilerplate" of the Apollo command capsule was kept on site for practice missions (yep even though the Apollo program had ended 8 years before).

There was a theory about this all being a prank from the 67th ARRS that went wrong.

I've already covered that in the lower part of this post here. . It also explains why I don't think the theory stands up.

Every time you turn up something that looks plausible you are faced with dead ends or then also trying to fit in other parts of the story that simply won't fit easily. Even uber-sceptic Ian Ridpath doesn't try to explain Larry Warren's story and cherry picks the bits of it to fit what has now become known as the lighthouse theory.

All I can say is welcome to "Rendlesham".

edit on 25/4/15 by mirageman because: link added

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A buddy emailed me with an article about hacking telesurgical systems for surgical robots. Really interesting stuff, it had to do with intercepting the protocols that the machines use to operate together and screwing with them; they even accomplished a sort of DNS attack. Of course, a VPN solved the problem.

Anywhos, it got me to thinking of a couple of passages from Project Condign's report that have had me fascinated, so I thought that I would share them...

Both of these come from a section of PC that is discussing classified aircraft projects as a source for some sightings of UAPs.

It crossed my mind that if Burroughs' heart was injured by some stray ray of high powered radiation that it might have been one included in a broadband signal that was meant to provide energy and data to flying platform that also behaves as a rectennae.

Here's some more speculation from PC from the same section.

I hope that helps to make sense of why I would suggest some sort of LTA hybrid.

And I think it's important to remember that the information above is 15 years old.

edit on 27-4-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots
I always enjoy your posts ,Bybyots. But I gotta say, could we make a case via Penrose and Hammer today that the more this is repeated, the more real it becomes, reducing us all to having some temporal lobe "reset," perhaps, while the logistics of infomation are debated, assessed and pulled in line with what "meshes" best? It just strikes me these days that we can find information from any point of view we wish to ascribe to…..
sincerely,
tet

edit on 27-4-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Appreciate all the hours you have put into this Bybots my friend. Your scrutinization of the Condign report has to be commended.

But you are beginning to lose me a little (and I dare say anyone else with a casual interest in this).

So as a bit of a personal request here. Can you backtrack a bit and put this theory you are formulating into layman's terms for some of us? (i.e people like me who have no background in this field and those that haven't read Project Condign)

Basically what is it that you think might have been going on at Rendlesham that injured John Burroughs?

Kind regards as always MM

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Basically what is it that you think might have been going on at Rendlesham that injured John Burroughs?

The testing of something classified that flies and "broadcasts" radio energy? Or I suppose a second choice would be the testing of something classified that is stationary and "broadcasts" radio energy.

No?

Almost every weapon we have developed during that time period has been exposed, that we are aware of, and yet this is still classified and we can't even get medical treatment for it."

-John Burroughs

Something like what John seems to be suggesting.

Oh wait, I see, you are asking what I think injured John Burroughs, not what was going on in the Forest.

That might require a thread of its own that I am not presently feeling inclined to write up.

After giving it some thought, I've decided to just let it stand at that for the time being: Burroughs was "injured" by EM radiation.

I don't think that it had anything to do with his shredded heart valve, though, and I essentially agree with PC's assessment just as it is quoted by Burroughs.

You'll probably be sawin' logs before I have any more thoughts on it today.

Good night.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm full of a cold and sore throat and the old grey matter isn't as sharp as it should be.

But the penny has dropped now.

Question is. Who was testing it?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Question is. Who was testing it?

I don't know, but it could be inferred that Kit Green has them on his radar.

I hope that you knock that cold and feel better soon.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
No offense intended to Mr. Burroughs, but I would certainly be interested in his family genealogy, and there is something to this in terms of UFO experiencers, as well. See my own recent thread, or google yourself, the Burroughs Corporation, and its militaristic linkages…..

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Just wanted to drop this into the thread as it might well have gone unnoticed amongst the plethora of threads and strands on this incident. Some months ago a friend of mine whose father was directly connected to the British Security services told me that. When the story first hit the papers his father told him; "That really happened". As far as he can remember that was the one and only time his father spoke about UFOs and he was of the opinion that , through his own work, he was aware of the incident and that something "strange" did indeed occur. Interestingly enough, my friend's fathers' main concern was with weapons. He never ever hinted that is was anything to do with us, which doesn't rule it out at all, maybe he never would have and for good reason however, he did insist, the incident actually happened.

You might also be interested to know that, I have catalogued and written up on here, ATS< two other incidents within a couple of months of the Rendllesham incident, both in the English Midlands, both concerning an object that appeared to be landed. Incredibly, one of those incidents related to me was later confirmed by another witness to the same occurrence posting on here, their own experience of what happened. If this was some experimental technology being tested then that begs the question. Why would you do so on the edge of Britain's second City in a field, clearly visible from a main road?
edit on 27-4-2015 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Larry Warren's description and drawings do bear resemblance to those pictures. We also have to remember that he was in the forest (unless he is completely lying about the whole story) at the same time Colonel Halt's small posse was stomping around on the final (3rd) night of events.

Now I don't know if you are aware but the 67th ARRS Apollo Recovery Team were still based at Woodbridge in 1980 and a replica "boilerplate" of the Apollo command capsule was kept on site for practice missions (yep even though the Apollo program had ended 8 years before).

There was a theory about this all being a prank from the 67th ARRS that went wrong.

I've already covered that in the lower part of this post here. . It also explains why I don't think the theory stands up.

Nope, that doesn't wash with me either, the practical joke aspect particularly. Besides, what we're looking for is something capable of producing the Broadband RF that Dr Green confirmed was a factor in Burroughs' injuries, that narrows things down considerably. The Boilerplate may have been involved, but if it was only involved in a prank, would it have been fully operational?

Every time you turn up something that looks plausible you are faced with dead ends or then also trying to fit in other parts of the story that simply won't fit easily. Even uber-sceptic Ian Ridpath doesn't try to explain Larry Warren's story and cherry picks the bits of it to fit what has now become known as the lighthouse theory.

All I can say is welcome to "Rendlesham".

Don't worry about me, I'm the proverbial pig in #

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
It crossed my mind that if Burroughs' heart was injured by some stray ray of high powered radiation that it might have been one included in a broadband signal that was meant to provide energy and data to flying platform that also behaves as a rectennae.

LTA? Lawn Tennis Association? Acronyms are not my thing! Land to Air? That's all I've got

The broadband RF. Something like a Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) as, allegedly, to be found on the Lockheed Martin RQ-170 Sentinel, would do the job, under certain conditions, such as a Resonance Disaster, for example.

The Broadband RF is vibrational energy rather than thermal, it can also be thermal because of the energy generated, but it is usually discrete with the EMR being produced on the atomic scale, generating from within the cells themselves, and this, studies suggest, like the one I linked to earlier, is particularly at the 10GHz range, which is within the range used by the radar found on military aircraft and vessels.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join